What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

soc123_au

Staff member
W

When money is involved nothing is iron clan it zoning changes easily done
You still need space for recreation, even more so as population density increases.

In any case, thats what they have been told. Councils and Governments say shit all the time though, so if the right palms are greased anything could happen.

Kilkenny

Coach
You still need space for recreation, even more so as population density increases.

In any case, thats what they have been told. Councils and Governments say shit all the time though, so if the right palms are greased anything could happen.
It will play out. We didn’t proceed with our purchase of an apartment in Rodley Avenue looking else now, lovely high end apartments, but the uncertainty around the Paceway was a no brainer.

Kilkenny

Coach
Where is Rodley Ave?
If you google it Di you will see it is in close proximity to Panthers, the stadium. 400 metre walk to K Mart etc.

The thing that put me off there was nothing in the drawing board to allow walking access into a redeveloped Paceway site. In other words walking to the new stadium would either involve walking either east west to Station Street or Mulgoa Road Before tracking to the ground. My wife has MS she can’t walk more than a 100 metres or so it wasn’t going to work for us regardless of how nice the apartments will be. We are looking now at either the Royce or ESQ. no rush we will get something done when the time presents.

DinkyDi

Juniors
If you google it Di you will see it is in close proximity to Panthers, the stadium. 400 metre walk to K Mart etc.

The thing that put me off there was nothing in the drawing board to allow walking access into a redeveloped Paceway site. In other words walking to the new stadium would either involve walking either east west to Station Street or Mulgoa Road Before tracking to the ground. My wife has MS she can’t walk more than a 100 metres or so it wasn’t going to work for us regardless of how nice the apartments will be. We are looking now at either the Royce or ESQ. no rush we will get something done when the time presents.
So I would have driven past there on numerous occasions, and I have not noticed. Thanks.

soc123_au

Staff member
It will play out. We didn’t proceed with our purchase of an apartment in Rodley Avenue looking else now, lovely high end apartments, but the uncertainty around the Paceway was a no brainer.
My parents looked at the apartments as well. When they moved there they did a knock down rebuild so the apartments wont cut it. They looked at selling recently, but they cant get anything close to what they have now in a decent location without dipping into the savings, so they are going to stay where they are. Hopefully if they do go highrise at the paceway it's far enough down the track that they wont be worrying about it anymore anyway.

soc123_au

Staff member

'The fees and conditions at the Royce are insane.

Kilkenny

Coach
My parents looked at the apartments as well. When they moved there they did a knock down rebuild so the apartments wont cut it. They looked at selling recently, but they cant get anything close to what they have now in a decent location without dipping into the savings, so they are going to stay where they are. Hopefully if they do go highrise at the paceway it's far enough down the track that they wont be worrying about it anymore anyway.
The development was called the Rodley. For anyone interested JimAitken was the agent who had the overall rights. It was a boutique development only 14 or 16 apartments all up, there were only three left the last time I spoke to the agent. Always a slight concern buying of the plan, if the developer goes belly up, rare I know, but if they do it can be a world of hurt.

Kilkenny

Coach
'The fees and conditions at the Royce are insane.
Funny you mention this, we were only talking about this today.

They are, the strata fees are significant but in addition to normal fees electricity, water, gas is all inclusive. It is also a dependence facility so there are on call or available medical staff. A figure of $500 a month was talked @bout so all things considered maybe not such a bad deal. Something we are definitely going to look into.

Goonji

Juniors
100% the new stadium will be built upon the existing site.

The Paceway will eventually be developed for high rise density housing, retail, entertainment and commercial properties. The land value is potentially huge.

The vacant parcel of land Station Street, Jamison Road, Woodriff Street is the wild card, the old National TV site. Been vacant all the while I have live in Penrith which is 50 years. Could this site be used for parking, multi level or otherwise.
Or cricket 🤔

soc123_au

Staff member
Funny you mention this, we were only talking about this today.

They are, the strata fees are significant but in addition to normal fees electricity, water, gas is all inclusive. It is also a dependence facility so there are on call or available medical staff. A figure of $500 a month was talked @bout so all things considered maybe not such a bad deal. Something we are definitely going to look into.
Yeah, the strata fees are high, but when you offset it against the inclusions it's not as bad. The sell conditions are what would turn me off it. I cant remember the exact figures, but make sure you are all over whatever it is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah, the strata fees are high, but when you offset it against the inclusions it's not as bad. The sell conditions are what would turn me off it. I cant remember the exact figures, but make sure you are all over whatever it is.
Must be honest haven’t explored the Royce for our options going forward. Just going of a few friends who have parent's in the facility and they are very complimentary.

At a time when we are looking down from heaven the kids can sort it out. At least they will have something from mum and dad to fight over.

Iamback

Coach
100% the new stadium will be built upon the existing site.

The Paceway will eventually be developed for high rise density housing, retail, entertainment and commercial properties. The land value is potentially huge.

The vacant parcel of land Station Street, Jamison Road, Woodriff Street is the wild card, the old National TV site. Been vacant all the while I have live in Penrith which is 50 years. Could this site be used for parking, multi level or otherwise.

I remember an old sponsor Parkview had plans for it. Apartments, Retail etc... nothing ever came from it

Kilkenny

Coach
I remember an old sponsor Parkview had plans for it. Apartments, Retail etc... nothing ever came from it
I don’t know for sure, very good friend of mine on the Paceway board, he’s alluded to the site being developed for some years now, not if, but when. If it doesn’t happen makes no difference to me personally, I just think the site is worth squillions to developers and will happen at some stage.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t know for sure, very good friend of mine on the Paceway board, he’s alluded to the site being developed for some years now, not if, but when. If it doesn’t happen makes no difference to me personally, I just think the site is worth squillions to developers and will happen at some stage.

I live the other side of it.
Used to be game day parking until 2018 about the time the development was put to Council

Munky

Coach
Be interesting to see what happens to the Paceway's surplus cash if they sell the land.

Given they likely have to wind up and are a club, it'll very interesting to see who in the constitution gets the assets.

Latest posts