What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Souths daunting 3.5m retention drive - Jimmy Brings: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3510a9b060d2dc340899959ca339cdc0

Police investigate alleged fight Involving Souths star Cody Walker: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/3c41a1b293097a848dda5efdde60988f

The incident with Cody does seem like a nothing incident but who knows? What I do know is that something is up with him and it's effecting us BIG TIME. Something needs to be done about it. He's sulking, isn't focused and just looks so negative. Incidents like this just prove where his head is at right now. A shadow of his former self on field. I really hope Cody can sort it out soon. We desperately need him to!

handyman2190

Bench
'Sack yourself' - Legend blasts Souths for 'worst decision in their history' after Reynolds heroics: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...9/news-story/f001db7472d339d42ee24f664d188050

Souths got the Reynolds contract call horribly wrong. It's time they admitted it: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...9/news-story/b1dc29502f242019fe5c9c62c15db4a3
Solly and pappas, sack yourselves, your useless youve destroyed our great club, why has russell let this happen,no loyalty to players now the players no loyalty to the club,what a joke,every other team is laughing at us

Woosh

Head Moderator
Solly and pappas, sack yourselves, your useless youve destroyed our great club, why has russell let this happen,no loyalty to players now the players no loyalty to the club,what a joke,every other team is laughing at us

Same one year deal for Gagai then trying to sell him off to the Dolphins.

The early stages of the new campaign have not gone to plan for the Bunnies with the Daily Telegraph’s Michael Carayannis explaining how their shortcomings have come about.
“They made a choice with Adam Reynolds and they did that based on only offering him a one-year deal,” Carayannis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“When you look at someone like Dane Gagai, in the back of their minds they were hoping to squeeze another 12 months out of him with the hope that he was going to join the Dolphins. That obviously didn’t eventuate.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Im convinced its more than that, im saying bennets stirring the pot, bennets desperate,i hear hes made paulo offers knight and probably cody
Paulo - this is all Demetriou's fault, he billed Paulo as a centre, and when it didn't work, dropped him outright but plays that sack of $#!+ Mansewer over him. Demetriou should be be sacked just for that
Knight -Hope so, he is a $400K dud. The sooner we cut this driftwood loose the better.
Cody - It's not Bennett, but clearly he aint happy about things, both personally, and the way the club has been shafting long time legends

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Despite the hyperbole from both sides, there is one thing that can not be denied.
Your statement about loyalty.
Everyone, no matter what job, hopes for loyalty.
Long timers expect it.
Legends deserve it.
Without it, all you attract is parasites, who use the club as a stepping stone, and rejects, that no one else wants

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Same one year deal for Gagai then trying to sell him off to the Dolphins.

Not surprising.
After hearing Adam this week, I knew Gags got the same treatment.
And Gags was prepared to take a third less if he could get 2 more years. He got better than this from the Knights.
And I reckon we actually missing him the most.
With Adam, at least we got Illias, who hasn't been too terrible, and is a work in progress.
With Gags, we had no backups, no one else ready at even a potential level, and I believe is the major reason the ball play of Cody and Cookie has suffered. Our backline has gone from platinum to rust

handyman2190

Bench
Despite the hyperbole from both sides, there is one thing that can not be denied.
Your statement about loyalty.
Everyone, no matter what job, hopes for loyalty.
Long timers expect it.
Legends deserve it.
Without it, all you attract is parasites, who use the club as a stepping stone, and rejects, that no one else wants
Exactly you got it, which is why thomas is agitating, he is signed for next year, but watch what happens if he finds another club and asks for a release,we will bend over and spread them,we are so so soft cocks, and its this misguided over 30 policy that idiot solly and pappas have instigated and the f**kip of the cap

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Exactly you got it, which is why thomas is agitating, he is signed for next year, but watch what happens if he finds another club and asks for a release,we will bend over and spread them,we are so so soft cocks
Reading between the lines, and going on past history, they have already told Tom they won't be resigning him beyond his current contract which ends at the end of next season.
I would not be surprised that they have also told him that they would consider letting him go at the end of this season, if the other club picks up the full tab on the last year he has remaining.

Spot On

Coach
That's BS, souths tore themselves apart with dropped ball again, Reyno had a good game but isn't the one responsible for souths loss.
This is BS.

He was responsible for kicking South’s to death. Word it anyway you want.

Reyno’s kicking game alone steered the Broncos to victory and kicked South’s arse in.

It is near impossible to replace that advantage unless you blokes are announcing the signing of Nathan Cleary next week.

You have your eyes closed. Head in the sand.

handyman2190

Bench
Reading between the lines, and going on past history, they have already told Tom they won't be resigning him beyond his current contract which ends at the end of next season.
I would not be surprised that they have also told him that they would consider letting him go at the end of this season, if the other club picks up the full tab on the last year he has remaining.
What a bunch of dickheads,if true which i suspect your right, and the only reason ello came out and said we wanted him was to appease the members

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
What a bunch of dickheads,if true which i suspect your right, and the only reason ello came out and said we wanted him was to appease the members
Yeah, it's PR, nothing else.
Reminds me of the old cliche, when a politician says, "(person X) has my full support."
When they say this, you know 100%, they are gonski

handyman2190

Bench
Here we are sitting here watching clubs recruiting players,adjusting their rosters, and here we sit.......watching....watching......
Thinking that our youngsters that are not ready after 2 years of barely playing will be ready for 1st grade, and failing.
I support JD and ello but if they dont grow a set and tell solly and pappas to get off!! They deserve whats happening

handyman2190

Bench
Id like to thank the one player who showed the rest how to play with true grit,determination and most importantly rabbitoh heart and spirit,trent peoples, good on u mate, you served your apprentiship for a few years now in nsw cup,something our other juniors havent and it shows,moale and ilias, and now youve shown others how to play,if i was JD id keep u on the bench for the rest of the year after your performance and id be showing knight , sele, cartwright the f**king door, there are a couple of shark lower graders ive mentioned a few times here, that we should offer oportunitys to and move on dead weight.

callmack1

Staff member
'Would have been docked points' - Rabbitohs in hot water with NRL after debutant 'drama': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/491590674f8227c319981fceb6085486

You've got to be fricking kidding me?!! What an absolute joke this is! I'm appalled. How the hell can you get something so simple so wrong?!! it blows my minds, simply not good enough and the club has a lot to answer for at the moment.

Also, in other news, Cody has been cleared from that nothing incident so that's some good news.

handyman2190

Bench
'Would have been docked points' - Rabbitohs in hot water with NRL after debutant 'drama': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/491590674f8227c319981fceb6085486

You've got to be fricking kidding me?!! What an absolute joke this is! I'm appalled. How the hell can you get something so simple so wrong?!! it blows my minds, simply not good enough and the club has a lot to answer for at the moment.

Also, in other news, Cody has been cleared from that nothing incident so that's some good news.
My friend, they screwed up milfs paperwork as well he would have been registered well before being stood down ,its this attention to detail, that screwing this great club, the administrators have f**ked up

handyman2190

Bench
I live for this club, like most of us here probably do, im not alone, but i hate being negative and upsett,spewing from week to week about how the club is being run,because these performances are not just the players,the fish rots from the head