What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

Dragon David

First Grade
Well, round 10 is our match against the Titans being played Suncorp Stadium on Saturday 14 May 2022 as part of the Magic Round.

I sure wish that I had a magic wand to grant us a big win against the Titans. It will be tough and even without Fifita playing, they will be hard to beat. If we put in the same amount of effort we showed in the wins against the Knights, Roosters and Tigers and a lot of the first half of the game against the Storm it will keep us in good stead and hopefully a win.

Go the Dragons.

justadragon

Bench
It will be interesting to see what happens with AM's injury hence who will come into the side and what players will be shuffled around. The Titans are going to want some sort of improvement to after the flogging by the Roosters. We shall see what our magical coaching staff come up with this week.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Looking forward to this one. I'm not putting too much stock into the Storm game that I think many saw coming. Feels like the Storm become a totally different beast to the entire NRL after the first 8 or so weeks, and there's still every chance the game will be an outlier for us.

Like I said recently: dips will come and are normal, but sustained improvement over a period of time is what we should really be looking for throughout season 2022. We are not yet in the mix for Top 4 placements of course so the Storm game isn't going to send us crashing to earth too much, but we are now proving capable at knocking off opponents who are at or around similar levels to us, which is already something we failed at regularly in 2021.

I'm backing them to breeze past the Titans and let out some of the frustration I'm sure the Storm heaped onto them.

redv13

Bench
We’re 4-5 and had a very tough start to the season. Played Penrith, Cronulla, Parramatta, Souths ( have the wood on us recently) , Easts, Melbourne. Next 3 weeks we have GC, NZ and the Dogs then the bye. Chill out people and reassess in 4 weeks time. May even be 7-5 leading into the bye

mickeylane

Bench
We’re 4-5 and had a very tough start to the season. Played Penrith, Cronulla, Parramatta, Souths ( have the wood on us recently) , Easts, Melbourne. Next 3 weeks we have GC, NZ and the Dogs then the bye. Chill out people and reassess in 4 weeks time. May even be 7-5 leading into the bye
if we dont pick up the 8 points including the bye points then we have lost the opotunity to be sitting well inside the 8 by start of round 14

Dragon David

First Grade
Good thinking redv. When you put it this way, all is looking brighter. We cannot belittle ourselves after the game against the Storm. We all knew what the result was going to be. They are the best as we know it and a loss was expected. We will definitely learn a lot after that game and we have played a lot of the harder teams so far.

Got to hope that with the teams stay down in Melbourne that they can bond well and gee each other back up after their game yesterday.

They are the best as we know it and a loss was expected
.. yes but not to the extent of the second half capitulation. Third time this year. And like the other two games we buckled under the pressure of our opposition's domination of possession. Our goal line defense, specially was embarrassing. The Titans at home are no easybeats so we can not take them litely.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
.. yes but not to the extent of the second half capitulation. Third time this year. And like the other two games we buckled under the pressure of our opposition's domination of possession. Our goal line defense, specially was embarrassing. The Titans at home are no easybeats so we can not take them litely.
We are playing titans at Suncorp so not at home although you can call Qld ‘home’ for them I guess 😉

Dragon David

First Grade
The Titans are very capable of scoring points, especially against us. They are due for a big game and some teams just like playing us and one of those teams is the Titans.

It is no good if we just grind away and do nothing to put points for us on the score board. We have to score plenty and the only way that can be done is be more expansive and give players room to run. Just taking the ball up one at a time is easily defended. We have to be creative and that starts with our halves straightening up and giving room for our backs to chime in left and right.

I hope Hook studies videos closely and can pick up the weaknesses of the Titans so that we can exploit them. Our attack is too one dimensional and easily defended so change it Hook.

qld redvee

Juniors
The squad is staying in Melbourne until Thursday and then up to Qld.
Makes it hard to train if hook makes changes and the boys are at the gong ... do they fly down to melbourne for training or meet up at brisbane for a thursday afternoon session ??? doesnt sound like good preperation

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Makes it hard to train if hook makes changes and the boys are at the gong ... do they fly down to melbourne for training or meet up at brisbane for a thursday afternoon session ??? doesnt sound like good preperation
There's 24 players in the squad who are u expectin to get selected outside of that

randomdragon

Juniors
what happened to AM? stopped watching in the last 20 minutes. Do think previously we would've lost this game however this year we are a more resilient side and have won games which we usually would've lost.

Latest posts