What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 14th May 3pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to move on. It's finally time to move on. Obviously learn what we can out of a terrible Round 9 but I want to get past it now and hopefully never speak of that game again. We have to look forward to the next task at hand in the form of the Warriors on Saturday night. Now, normally, playing the Warriors wouldn't be considered a big game for the most part however, in the context of our Season, this game becomes huge. Potentially even Season defining. Yup, it's that important this weekend. We simply must win!! We have to! If we want to make the right or still reach top four then we have to win this one.

What's more, adding to the occasion is the fact that it's Magic Round up there in Brisbane so I really hope the boys can bring some magic back into our performances and turn it on at Suncorp.

It's not going to be super easy against this Warriors side that's for sure. They have been much like this, very up and down and inconsistent. They have the same win-loss record as us heading into this one and it's probably a Season defining game for them too. That means they're probably going to be equally as desperate as us which can be dangerous. They've obviously had some very poor showings in 2022, most notably the 70-10 loss to the Storm and then again last night against the Sharks. However, they have also had some fantastic golden point wins in games were you wouldn't expect them to walk away with the result. So on their day, they're not a bad side. Like us, they had a poor showing last week and will want to bounce back in a big way which is dangerous so we must be wary. Our first port of call to winning this game is to contain their monster forward pack which starts with the likes of AFB, Lodge, Katoa, and Tevaga. Not a bad pack at all. If we can match it with them through the middle, it will go a long way to containing the likes of Walsh, DWZ and Johnson.

For our boys, well, we just have to be better this week. In all areas, we just have to be better. I'm sick of these bad performances, I'm sick of under-performing, I'm sick of the stink attitude, the dropped ball, the dumb shit, and the flimsy defence. Do better. It's as simple as that. We're a much better side than what we've been putting out there in recent times so Magic Round is a big chance to show that. We have to turn our Season around and it starts this week. We have to hold the ball. I say this every week, we all do, even the boys do and I'm sick of the same old shit. Instead of just talking the talk, it's time to walk the walk and actually complete well. I'm confident that if we do that, both our attack and defence will improve. I just want to see a better attitude from the boys. It stunk last week so time to turn it around.

Significantly, playing the Warriors is always a pretty important game for me. Being a kiwi, playing the Warriors is personal. Got a lot of people I know who support them so there's bragging rights on the line once again.

Must win. Our backs are against the wall no doubt and we have a mountain to climb but sometimes, that's when South Sydney are at their best. Channel that spirit, thrive on the backs against the wall mentality and get us out of this slump!! We can do it!! Fire up!! Bring on Saturday.

Nafedogg

Juniors
At least all this rain gives us an actual excuse to drop the ball this week 🤣🤣🤣 I’ve spent my hard earned to see the boys play so they better turn up!

callmack1

Staff member
Siliva Havili Media Round 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/09/siliva-havili-media-round-10/

Keaon Koloamatangi Media Round 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/09/keaon-koloamatangi-media-round-10/

"I'm proud to play 100 games for this Club" - Graham: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/09/campbell-graham-media-round-10/

100 games for Stretch!! Has really snuck up on us. Huge milestone for him!

'Attacking weapon' - Nikorima to make Rabbitohs debut against Warriors: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/at...s-debut-against-warriors-20220509-p5ajqz.html

'This is a massive story' - Why 'dreadfully out of sorts' Walker is missing Wayne more than Adam: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...u/news-story/2e61abcd3b29b4c62f17d68843dc87f5

Also, from Zero Tackle,

Suncorp surface given green tick despite impending Magic Round deluge

Despite nigh-on 200 milimetres of rain predicted to fall before Magic Round's final hooter sounds, NRL head of football Graham Annesley has claimed Suncorp Stadium's surface will hold up for the entirety of the showpiece event.

While ticket sales for the three-day footy extravaganza have continued to boom, the threat of a deluge looms, with as much as 100mm expected to lash the River City across Wednesday and Thursday alone.

In spite of the fact that the travelling cavalcade of league fans who will converge on the Brisbane-based venue and Caxton Street may need to trade jerseys and flags for ponchos and gumboots, Annesley was willing to give the 52,500 capacity venue's surface the green light.

“We’ll just keep monitoring the weather and Suncorp Stadium has got one of the best drainage systems in the league,” Annesley told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“It’s a major stadium with full-time ground staff.

“It usually gets brought up this time of year before Magic Round and people ask, ‘is the ground going to stand up to it?’ And it always does. From our point of view, we’re not concerned about it. It’s too early to tell if the weather is going to become a factor.”

Although the prospect of 640 minutes of first-grade football is enough to place strain on even the most pristine of surfaces, the stadium formerly known as Lang Park has proven resilient to recent weather whips.

In late February of this year, Suncorp Stadium appeared far more akin to a grandstanded lake rather than a sporting field after being clogged with a mammoth body of run off water collected from the Queensland floods.

Still, in less than 48 hours, the venue's drainage system, manned by Grounds Manager Malcolm Caddies, had worked overtime to see green blades visible once more.

And with this ability to part bodies of water like Moses, it is little wonder why Annesley was of the view that the show could, and would, go on.

“That’s why they’re a major venue for major events," the administrator added.

"Magic Round is going to go ahead, it’s going to be a great event and it’s close to a sellout on all three days. It’s not going to be a drama.”

The opening kick-off in the festival of football is scheduled for 6:00pm (AEST) on Friday, May 13 when the Knights and Bulldogs face off in a genuine battle of the competition's

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 10 against the Warriors,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Peoples
16. Moale
17. Havili

I honestly don't think too much will change with the line up but there will be a few guys who are on their last chance. Nikorima already confirmed to face his old side so that's exciting!!

So not too many changes to the team I don't think, just a better performance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
SOUTH Sydney skipper Cameron Murray has been rushed in for scans on an injured neck and could be sidelined for up to a month – potentially ending his chances of playing State of Origin I.

Rabbitohs management confirmed Murray was having scans on Tuesday morning on an injured neck and shoulder.

The results will be known on Tuesday afternoon.

Well-placed sources claim Murray could be ruled out for three to four weeks – depending on the scan results - throwing his place in the NSW side for the June 8 Origin opener into considerable doubt.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 10 against Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/10/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-ten/

Not overly happy with the line up this week I must say. Most of it is good as it is named as expected but the biggest thing for me is what the heck is Jaxson Paulo doing back in the centers??!! What the actual f**k?!! it was a disaster last time and Jaxson showed he clearly couldn't do it so why would this time be any different? Tass has gone okay and has proved to be the most likely of anyone playing there this year so why did he deserve to be dropped? Surely we could have got another look at him. I can't believe it tbh, what the hell is JD thinking?

Murray is also a huge loss. Huge, makes our pack a lot weaker. Jai will do a good job there but he's no Cam Murray. Good to see Hosty back and Nikorima on the bench to play his old club in his first game for his new club so at least those are some positives.

I really hope some of these selections prove to be a good call from JD but I gotta say, I'm not feeling it. Still, Saturday arvo can't come quick enough!!!

handyman2190

Bench
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 10 against Warriors: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/10/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-ten/

Not overly happy with the line up this week I must say. Most of it is good as it is named as expected but the biggest thing for me is what the heck is Jaxson Paulo doing back in the centers??!! What the actual f**k?!! it was a disaster last time and Jaxson showed he clearly couldn't do it so why would this time be any different? Tass has gone okay and has proved to be the most likely of anyone playing there this year so why did he deserve to be dropped? Surely we could have got another look at him. I can't believe it tbh, what the hell is JD thinking?

Murray is also a huge loss. Huge, makes our pack a lot weaker. Jai will do a good job there but he's no Cam Murray. Good to see Hosty back and Nikorima on the bench to play his old club in his first game for his new club so at least those are some positives.

I really hope some of these selections prove to be a good call from JD but I gotta say, I'm not feeling it. Still, Saturday arvo can't come quick enough!!!
Looks like we are in trouble, our spine is a shadow of previous years, at least thomas is back, im hoping hosts shoulder dosent pop again, i would complete the paperwork and got peoples on the bench