What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who the fu*k is this Bulldog Richie F/W.
Talking about Saturday Nights Clash.
"Penrith and Storm are clearly the best two teams in the competition and I can't even think of any other team that could challenge them."
Where the fu*k do they get these bone headed morons from. It was only 5 days ago you mental reject. Ffs.
Sorry for the Madge Maguire impersonation but its f'n pis*ed me off (of).
Obviously they could lose any given finals match. By ‘challenge them’ I assume he means facing them in the finals as an equal. Our best chance against either of them might only be 30%

Our win on the weekend didn’t prove we’re Penrith’s equal any more than the Tigers proved they’re our equal a month ago. Some might say the Penrith win proved we can beat them but anyone who understands footy already knew we could beat them. That’s why I backed Parra. No I didn’t think we’d win, but I thought we might. $4.50 was far too good.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I can't listen to mmm. Not much interest in hearing middle aged men talk about footy and glorify it like it's the greatest thing in the world.
Same goes for newspapers. It's even worse listening to people talk about whatever they say like it's gospel. Hot garbage that's annoying.

If I put the radio in I tune into 954 am. Plays some great relaxing music. The ABC is ok as well. JJJ seem targeted towards teens and early 20ylds too heavily.

Hooper,Kent, Rothfield or whoever I know zero about. I'd rather just watch the footy and chat on here about it.
MMM have a great show on at 2.30am weekdays about making tea. I recommend it.

When I do I actually like to listen to SEN1170. It is just easy listening sport(RL) chat and doesn't stress me out listening to all the political nonsense that just upsets me from either side of the aisle. It just ends up being dumb noise from both sides that only keeps us all going down this slow but perilous and destructive political black hole that will only see our great nation rot on the vine.

We are never given an option that will actually work and fix our mounting problems. All options are the same. Destructive for 99% and productive and prosperous for the 1%. It's a racket and we don't seem to be able to break free from it and just constantly argue amongst ourselves which is exactly what the system is designed to do.

It is working perfectly for our Supreme Overlords. Nothing will ever change for the better. Like the man said, when you're on a good thing stick to it.
I used to listen to the ABC for many years but I can barely stand even that now as it just seems like mostly propaganda now.

TheRam

Coach
When I was younger I used to consume all the footy media I could find. I loved it. As I got older I realised most of them weren’t in business to teach us about footy, but to sell advertising, which meant stirring the fans up. Over time I understood how shallow and antagonistic their analysis was. They sell scapegoats (public figures) to victims (the fans) and give zero f**ks about all the facts. Haven’t won a premiership in 36 years? It’s Brad Arthur’s fault. Lost a couple of games in a row? Your tactics are wrong and you won’t be competitive come finals time. Rival clubs made huge offers for a couple of your players? Your captain is overpaid. Etc etc etc. It’s just affirmation for whiny f**kwits.

Exactly and that is why I take what they say by enlarge with a grain of salt.

I come to my conclusions on my own.

Brad Arthur is not responsible for our 36 year drought. But the facts are he has been here for 9 and if he can't get us to a GF this season with the roster we have I don't see the point of keeping him here any longer and it is time for a change and new ideas with someone else at the helm. Our captain made a fool of himself in his last two contractual negotiations and was a terrible example for all our other players to witness and all now want top dollar and aren't showing to much loyalty.

Some things matter and some don't. I don't need journos to tell me that we have the NRL's longest premiership drought and the longest serving coach at one club without winning a premiership too. They are the facts. Ignoring those facts will change nothing. When you haven't won anything with the same people in charge for so long, one may think it is time for a change. You just sound like one of those journos that is paid for comment or has their heads in the sand and has no clue.

End of.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Brad Arthur is not responsible for our 36 year drought. But the facts are he has been here for 9 and if he can't get us to a GF this season with the roster we have I don't see the point of keeping him here any longer and it is time for a change and new ideas with someone else at the helm. Our captain made a fool of himself in his last two contractual negotiations and was a terrible example for all our other players to witness and all now want top dollar and aren't showing to much loyalty.

Some things matter and some don't. I don't need journos to tell me that we have the NRL's longest premiership drought and the longest serving coach at one club without winning a premiership too. They are the facts. Ignoring those facts will change nothing. When you haven't won anything with the same people in charge for so long, one may think it is time for a change. You just sound like one of those journos that is paid for comment or has their heads in the sand and has no clue.

End of.
Well I’ve told you plenty of times that the coach isn’t the club, he’s just the most visible. But he’s not the top decision maker and neither is he the one most responsible for the club’s success. At our club none of those people were here before 2019. So the length of time Arthur has been at the club is irrelevant. Prior to 2019 it might as well have been a different club.

hindy111

Post Whore

End of.

Sounds like he is responsible for 25% of it based on statistics

TheRam

Coach
Well I’ve told you plenty of times that the coach isn’t the club, he’s just the most visible. But he’s not the top decision maker and neither is he the one most responsible for the club’s success. At our club none of those people were here before 2019. So the length of time Arthur has been at the club is irrelevant. Prior to 2019 it might as well have been a different club.

Jeez. That will do me.

If you were running every club once each club signed their coach that would be it. Lifers.

The only time a coach would ever be removed would be on a stretcher ffs!

You are a bonehead that just likes to argue the most ridiculous and thinks he is getting one over everyone else.

Fool of the highest order. Go away little man. Shoo!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN