What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

He's way ahead of where Luai was at the same stage. That's I'll I've said
He’s definitely played more games than Luai at his age; at the same stage Luai was sitting on the bench. And he can kick the ball higher than Luai. And he is a better centre than Luai.

But next year Burton will be the same age that Luai was when he took over a halves position from a dominant half and formed a halves combination that took us to the grand final. So; best of luck with that Matty.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Dolphins should snap up both Martin and Critter.. gives you a possible super star fullback option and a SOO 80min backrower both title winners. If they don't land Munster they could try take Luai and To'o then they'll have the complete package.

Our priority is to lock up Spencer a 21 year old impact prop that our team does lack (impact) especially with the bench we have.

Going to be very interesting to see what happens but I'm starting to get pretty worried as Api is a massive loss and we don't have a quality replacement and Kiks and possibly Martin both going would hurt. Martin you can't pay over 500k for especially if you want to try keep Critter to keep the boys happy so we wait and see.

Iamback

Coach
He’s definitely played more games than Luai at his age; at the same stage Luai was sitting on the bench. And he can kick the ball higher than Luai. And he is a better centre than Luai.

But next year Burton will be the same age that Luai was when he took over a halves position from a dominant half and formed a halves combination that took us to the grand final. So; best of luck with that Matty.

Are we doing age comparison or amount of games?

Burton has played 41 games
Luai's 40th was the 2020 GF

Iamback

Coach
Dolphins should snap up both Martin and Critter.. gives you a possible super star fullback option and a SOO 80min backrower both title winners. If they don't land Munster they could try take Luai and To'o then they'll have the complete package.

Our priority is to lock up Spencer a 21 year old impact prop that our team does lack (impact) especially with the bench we have.

Going to be very interesting to see what happens but I'm starting to get pretty worried as Api is a massive loss and we don't have a quality replacement and Kiks and possibly Martin both going would hurt. Martin you can't pay over 500k for especially if you want to try keep Critter to keep the boys happy so we wait and see.

Hooker is a worry.
Backrow we can fill from within. Just might take a season or 2

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Hooker is a worry.
Backrow we can fill from within. Just might take a season or 2
Can you imagine Keeny or Luki playing big minutes at hooker...poor Nathan would get smashed and have limited time with the ball as Api is a master out of there freeing everyone up. It wasn't a fluke that once Api came into hooker we started being a top 2 side. As great as Nathan and Yeo are at ball playing I don't think that will be enough to win titles especially if a young weak hooker is there. I still think we need to sign someone like Liddel from Tigers as a rock solid option maybe even get some form of player swap going with a club with a gun hooker= Martin would be a pretty good token to swap.

Iamback

Coach
Can you imagine Keeny or Luki playing big minutes at hooker...poor Nathan would get smashed and have limited time with the ball as Api is a master out of there freeing everyone up. It wasn't a fluke that once Api came into hooker we started being a top 2 side. As great as Nathan and Yeo are at ball playing I don't think that will be enough to win titles especially if a young weak hooker is there. I still think we need to sign someone like Liddel from Tigers as a rock solid option maybe even get some form of player swap going with a club with a gun hooker= Martin would be a pretty good token to swap.

Hopefully someone from the lower grades turns into a gun hooker. Otherwise I see it the same as you. Yeo and Cleary having less time.

Whino

Bench
Funny they are talking offers when they literally cannot offer anything until November at the earliest.

If these rumours were true, best believe Penrith would be all over it talking tampering with the NRL

Manager's using new club The Dolphins as a pawn to drive up prices.
No "official' contact.

Big Mick

Referee
Manager's using new club The Dolphins as a pawn to drive up prices.
No "official' contact.

As soon as numbers start being stated, then that is technically an approach under NRL rules which would be against tampering rules.

It's fine to state an interest...but soon as managers/clubs add "At around this price level"...it's considered tampering.

Munky

Coach
IMO the NRL will turn a blind eye to the Dolphins aslong as it all done in encrypted message apps and nothing formal leaks (email etc).

The NRL needs Redcliffe to build a decent squad and not be South's 2002 quality.

Whino

Bench
As soon as numbers start being stated, then that is technically an approach under NRL rules which would be against tampering rules.

It's fine to state an interest...but soon as managers/clubs add "At around this price level"...it's considered tampering.

Good luck proving it.

Last edited: