What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Let’s say Lomax converts the expected goal. How would that change the narrative of the last 24 hours? Would it have then been a gutsy win and it great to see the young guys get a go despite their mixed game.? I wonder!

Some of the early comments saying we were top four this year; really, come on…even being worried about a particular game. Isn’t anyone a tough game for us? We’ll have to sweat out out every game for 2022, minimum. The Easts, Newcastle and Balmain games could all have gone the other way; this one too. That’s the reality!

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
sloane is being attacked on social media, he has shut down all his accounts, that is extremely poor form by anyone that has attacked him personally like that, it actually disgusts me. all the posts i have seen on here are actually supportive of the kid, god there are some trolls out there with no morals.
Absolutely! I second this big time. I fkn hate gutless wonders who bag people on social media. Half of them would be fat fckers that couldn’t run around the block.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Amone and Sloan look like they are playing out of fear of making a mistake. Talk about killing a kids confidence. Let them play what’s in front of them that’s what’s made them
Agee they have more chance of creating something than the bunch of pensioners in the team ..... How slow are the team , and we don't want to play a couple of young guys with flair and speed , but will keep picking guys that Id beat over 20 meters , and still get beaten ..... Stick with them because we aint featuring in any games come September , October ......

RedVee_8

Juniors
sloane is being attacked on social media, he has shut down all his accounts, that is extremely poor form by anyone that has attacked him personally like that, it actually disgusts me. all the posts i have seen on here are actually supportive of the kid, god there are some trolls out there with no morals.
That’s disgraceful. I hope that doesn’t dent his confidence even more. I hope we have someone to talk to him. Maybe James Graham or Sowie, someone of their status and experience

BTW it is a disgrace when the trolls pile on to anyone - not just a young footballer.

justadragon

Bench
That’s disgraceful. I hope that doesn’t dent his confidence even more. I hope we have someone to talk to him. Maybe James Graham or Sowie, someone of their status and experience

BTW it is a disgrace when the trolls pile on to anyone - not just a young footballer.
absolutely, no one should be subjected to that, i believe the club has gotten around him for support.

mickeylane

Bench
What kills me is what do they do at training? When Bennet was coaching us we would have one backline play only (dummy runner then out the back to Boyd then to either Cooper or Morris try ) it was timing perfection because they trained the move every session so it was like clockwork.. and even though the opposition knew it was coming they couldn’t stop it. 10 years later Bennett rolled out the same backline movement w South’s.. why the f**k can’t we be coached on one simple backline movement… I mean does mgt not see this? Can’t they see we are bereft of any structure.. this is really frustrating!!

Illusion

Bench
What kills me is what do they do at training? When Bennet was coaching us we would have one backline play only (dummy runner then out the back to Boyd then to either Cooper or Morris try ) it was timing perfection because they trained the move every session so it was like clockwork.. and even though the opposition knew it was coming they couldn’t stop it. 10 years later Bennett rolled out the same backline movement w South’s.. why the f**k can’t we be coached on one simple backline movement… I mean does mgt not see this? Can’t they see we are bereft of any structure.. this is really frustrating!!
He does train them and they do practice it , one up ,one up ,one up, one up , one up and pass to Hunt and bomb ...... It's to perfection .....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It’s simple. Ok you 3 kids. I’m going to back good bad or ugly. Go out and play the way you have since day dot and let’s see what we can do. Hunt stop running sideways and open up the field for Suli and Zac. Simple. Hit a couple up a set get some offloads and break down defence patterns. I liked hook but nice bloke and all the game has past him. How he could be happy with last night all bar the first 20 is beyond me.
Im with you on this one re the kids in particular ...sure they made some cock ups last night at vital stages in the game but so did blokes like Hunt and other seasoned players and last week when Bird had a brain snap shortly before half time...... the conditions were atrocious yesterday and it was a big stage and yes I know thats what is expected of NRL 1st graders, but we need to stick with these young blokes otherwise we are going to struggle to score points and develop into some form of cohesive unit.....if we keep turning over some of these journeymen that we have picked up on the cheap so to speak week in week out then we just wont move forward

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
The Dragons look like going nowhere this season. I think it is time for Hook to bite the bullet and try to pick a team for the future. The fans know what they want so why doesn't Hook give it to them. If it fails spectacularly then at least it was tried and it might shut the whinging fans up for a while. You know what I mean - Hunt to 9, Sullivan to 7, Amone to 6 and Sloan to 1, and pick and stick for at least a few games. Who really cares if the Dragons finish 9th or 13th?
What the Dragons need is some new blood in the forwards. Bring in Jayden Hunt & Michael MOLO. From what I hear they are going very well in Reserves, they both went tops in the trials.

FlameThrower

Bench
Definitely a lot of angst being posted about this. I don’t think attacking anyone personally on social media achieves anything. The language being posted on FB on so called ‘fan pages’ is a disgrace too.

Dragon David

First Grade
The answer to your question "I mean does mgt not see this?", is that they or should I say he (Hook) is too proud and ignorant to look at the ways other successful teams attack in my opinion and it is obvious we don't practise any attacking raids with any precision and finesse - sorry not raids - attempted forays through the opposition. I've previously stated the same as you Mickey in relation to the way our former backline movement under Bennett was played regularly to score tries. Even if they - I think it was usually Hornby to Boyd to Cooper and then to Morris - didn't score, they would try again and they would then score. I loved that movement.

I've mentioned several times that our players are not all that good in the main - some are but generally not all round to make a formidable team. The young ones will learn and will be good in the future. Because of this the coaching team HAVE to plan and develop better attacking structures and look at videos of those teams who are very good at scoring tries - need only to look at the "for" column in the NRL Ladder to see those teams and practise, practise, practise.

Trifili13

Juniors
He does train them and they do practice it , one up ,one up ,one up, one up , one up and pass to Hunt and bomb ...... It's to perfection .....
And yet they couldn't do it when it mattered last night. It must have been because it called for a field goal instead of a bomb which must have thrown the players out. That's probably why Hunt tried to run it and lost the ball.

Latest posts