What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BxTom

Bench
Yeah your right. His future though is not in the halves.

Anyone who thought he was an organising halfback within the dogs recruitment and coaching ranks needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

When Burton attempts to organise and count numbers, he looks very uncomfortable. It also stops his natural explosive running game.

At this stage (right now) he's a running 5/8th. The expectation that he would steer a team around the park is mind boggling.

Until the dogs get a proper no 7, they will struggle.

Me at this stage I'd keep as a running 5/8th, with an organising halfback. But in about 18months or so I would transition him to either lock or edge back row.
The person who thought a player with only a handful of games (3?) at half in the NRL was a great organising halfback won't need to take a look at himself, he's got a whole board looking at him tomorrow.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I can’t see Burton moving to the forwards.

Players like Graham could only dream of having the speed, running game and kicking game of Burton. Burton also has a different body composition to Graham.

Tommy Turbo is 4cm taller and 6kg heavier than Burton, but no one is saying he will have to move to the forwards, and fullbacks have to do far more running in a game than 5/8’s. Jack Wighton as another example is the same height and wieight as Buton, and no one is trying to move him to the forwards either.

I see where you're comming from. Not sure that I agree. I need time to process it. Interesting thoughts, it's Burton's speed that keeps him there.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Players like Graham could only dream of having the speed, running game and kicking game of Burton. Burton also has a different body composition to Graham.

Tommy Turbo is 4cm taller and 6kg heavier than Burton, but no one is saying he will have to move to the forwards, and fullbacks have to do far more running in a game than 5/8’s. Jack Wighton as another example is the same height and wieight as Buton, and no one is trying to move him to the forwards either.
Exactly.
Delusional Panther fans acting like jilted ex lovers

WestyLife

First Grade

I agree but Turbo's legs are struggling to keep up with him and Inglis had issues being such a big fullback as well.

WestyLife

First Grade
The person who thought a player with only a handful of games (3?) at half in the NRL was a great organising halfback won't need to take a look at himself, he's got a whole board looking at him tomorrow.

To be fair he's been 5/8 parked on the left. They tried Averillo then Flanno as the halfback while Burton's been there.

Blues Riff

Bench
I just feel sorry for the guy. What's he done since the GF?.
He could have been the next Ryan Girdler. Now he's just some flog who can do really big kicks.

Munky

Coach
I wonder if Simpler Jack will become available.

The judiciary changes will help out and he's a pretty decent player when he's not having brain explosions.

Could do a job as a bench backrower.

Whino

Bench
Any news on Garner?
Garner a Panther

Penrith still haven’t formally announced Luke Garner’s signing for next season but rest assured it’s a done deal.

The 26-year-old had a phone conversation with Ivan Cleary (who ironically handed him his debut at the Tigers four years ago) to seal the deal. It was a quick process. Garner jumped at the chance to join the Premiers.

WestyLife

First Grade
Garner a Panther

Penrith still haven’t formally announced Luke Garner’s signing for next season but rest assured it’s a done deal.

The 26-year-old had a phone conversation with Ivan Cleary (who ironically handed him his debut at the Tigers four years ago) to seal the deal. It was a quick process. Garner jumped at the chance to join the Premiers.

He is signed. Mentioned it a few times..

Maybe we should just 'leak' a photo of him in a polo instead

That must be why it's not really a discussion point. Already a formality and just waiting for him to get here next year. Think he'll be good and not surprised he jumped quickly as soon as Panthers showed interest.

Iamback

Coach
That must be why it's not really a discussion point. Already a formality and just waiting for him to get here next year. Think he'll be good and not surprised he jumped quickly as soon as Panthers showed interest.

2 year deal. Allows him to build up his worth then move on.

We need these signings to bridge the gap of the kids coming through. So works for both sides

Latest posts