What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp 15/5/22

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Very strange the minutes and performances of Reg and Pawloooo yesterday. Given Chooks were well in front I expected the usual BA response to have these 2 guys on for maximum minutes. It seemed like a preconceived plan given he treated both starters the same. Unfortunately neither had any impact in the minutes they did play. It was like they were on a go slow. Could be trying to get more mins into Oregon and Maka with Origin just around the corner. I wonder if Reg and Jnr were happy with this plan. I guess Fridays game will answer all this.
Or were they some of the players that had the flu last week and couldn’t train (as reported), and they are struggling to recover from it/eels took a cautious approach thus the less mins. Think it was suggested RCG was one with the flu.

The starting middles were poor.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s why I mainly post in the NRL game day forum, Baz is another that just does that. It’s much more fun and people watching the game without blue and gold goggles on.
Cos you feel more comfortable in a place where everyone gives it to the Eels ? Poor @Delboy was on his own in that thread.

JokerEel

Coach
After our big win against Penrith I thought we may of turned corner. But we are what we are and I should always go with my footy brain and original thoughts rather then my heart.
Hot garbage.

I'm surprised you're not feeling similar after the shit we dished up today. It was a great comeback but it felt like it just woke the Roosters up at 25-24 and they went up a gear while we crumbled.

Find a star for me. How many minutes has Bryce actualy played this season. And how many LBAS and TAs does he have.

I'd love to see it. For the life of me I don't understand why he isn't giving him a red hot go. Persists with Makatao and Kafusi who barely do job most weeks.

After our wins against the Storm and close game against the Panthers in the finals I was hoping that we finally turned a corner but we have a shit mentality and it's not going to change with the crop we have at the moment.

Paulo as much as I like him went missing yesterday when he should have made 150+ Meters.

Gronk

Staff member
Why didn’t you hop on in there and white knight him like you do for Bea?? I notice you only showed up in here when we got back into the game……….
If you missed me, you should have said something. Don't you know how to Ping ?

TheRam

Coach
Jakey's back!!! He was 18th man today, Bea is slowly bringing him back until he finds that permanent spot on the bench for him.

I can see us caving into Moses and giving him a million while letting Brown go because we have super Jake to step up..........

@hindy111 is spot on, we have kept all the older merkins go while letting go all the younger talent. Bar Jake of course 🥸

This is another reason why we should sack the coach sooner then later. The other is Ciraldo probably won't be available real soon.

Hell I would sack him right now. I mean does anyone besides pou and posse really think this coach and his posse can get this team to win 3-4 games in a row come finals time? If not then what have we got to lose bringing in a new voice that may be able to reignite this lackluster bunch.

TheRam

Coach
When does he ever??? He loves both sides of the street and moving those goalposts. He will now come at me with some psycho babble that will make my eyes bleed.

The fact is it's never the coaches fault no matter what and we are not in the inner sanctum and have not enough data to question anything he does. I mean after 9 years we don't have enough data lol. Kearney would still be here if he had his way.

Don't forget with pou it is sign a coach then wait till he is removed in a pine box.

Cloeel

Juniors
This is another reason why we should sack the coach sooner then later. The other is Ciraldo probably won't be available real soon.

Hell I would sack him right now. I mean does anyone besides pou and posse really think this coach and his posse can get this team to win 3-4 games in a row come finals time? If not then what have we got to lose bringing in a new voice that may be able to reignite this lackluster bunch.

Sack BA for an untried rookie? LOL

What makes you think Ciraldo is the answer? The bloke has never coached first grade. Or is it because its a "New voice" all of a sudden we will get some consistency and over achieve? Even though Ciraldo will have the same players and resources at his disposal that BA has had?

The risks of inputing an untried rookie coach far outweigh any positives that will come from it.

Unless of course we improve recruitment and resources throughout the organisation. Which in itself is a slow process.

Quick fixes and irrational decisions do not work.

IFR33K

Coach

What makes you think Ciraldo is the answer? The bloke has never coached first grade. Or is it because its a "New voice" all of a sudden we will get some consistency and over achieve? Even though Ciraldo will have the same players and resources at his disposal that BA has had?

The risks of inputing an untried rookie coach far outweigh any positives that will come from it.

Unless of course we improve recruitment and resources throughout the organisation. Which in itself is a slow process.

you’re making out as if BA is a Bellamy or Robinson. He’s achieved sweet f all, has made monumental f ups along the way, stubborn and slow to react, can’t improve obvious weaknesses there for all to see and gets his team playing a one dimensional, boring brand of footy. Who’s to say a rookie won’t improve on a coach that’s been here 9 years and still can’t rotate a bench or pick his best 17.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Ummmmmm yeah nah!! He took over from Hook and won a finals game, only one less finals game than our 9 year wonder lol.

Giving an extra 2 years to Bea after he failed to improve on the previous 2 seasons with a year left on his contract is as irrational as it gets. But but but………..

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
you’re making out as if BA is a Bellamy or Robinson. He’s achieved sweet f all, has made monumental f ups along the way, stubborn and slow to react, can’t improve obvious weaknesses there for all to see and gets his team playing a one dimensional, boring brand of footy. Who’s to say a rookie won’t improve on a coach that’s been here 9 years and still can’t rotate a bench or pick his best 17.
I’m sure the Cows are really upset they didn’t hang onto Green, and at least Green had achieved something at the Cows besides a wooden spoon……..

IFR33K

Coach
I’m sure the Cows are really upset they didn’t hang onto Green, and at least Green had achieved something at the Cows besides a wooden spoon……..

Everyone started somewhere. Bellamy, Bennett and Gibson were all rookies at one point

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Cows were tipped to fight it out for the spoon, now they are a super team according to Pou, same as the Bronco's lol. "ThEy hAVe So MaNy AdVaNaGe's"
Where they're tipped to finish is irrelevant. The reality is where they end up finishing. That shows how good the team is, not where dopes thought they'd finish.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the coach has no say and then he is saddled with all these dumb players???

Poor Bea 😐 FFS Mon!!
The players have their strengths too. If we'd signed smarter players for the same money the forwards wouldn't be as powerful and the halfback wouldn't have the same speed or kicking ability. It all comes out in the wash.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Watching Papali'i form gee he is going to be a huge blow.
He leaves Moses isolated too often. Great ball runner though we already have a couple of those. Paulo can easily take more carries, and he could do it in fewer minutes too. But while Papali'i is in the team we might as well give him the ball and let him run at halfbacks. He is very good at it.