What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp 15/5/22

TheRam

Coach
Right, because decision making isn't one of their strengths. A couple of them are great runners and a couple are technically very proficient and all four are hard workers. Only Gutherson is known for his decision making under pressure. I'm looking forward to Hodgson bringing more of that next year, but obviously his weakness is his proneness to injury. I'm keen to see how our tactics change just as they changed after we lost Norman, Ma'u and Edwards.

Easily answered mate. Look forward to him hogging the ball more and running into walls of defense and our halves spewing they don't get the ball enough. Oh but at least he can steal the ball a bit.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep!

I've had a gutful. We aren't going to win anything with this guy in charge so why waste more time. Ciraldo should be given a chance. All the other coaches that are experienced and available don't get me excited enough to give them a go. So I would do a Sheens/Ciraldo combo as I have written before or a Ciraldo on his own if Sheens isn't available.
So what has Ciraldo ever done that places him above the scorched remains of the next big thing assistants ?

Stephen Kearney is a former NRL and International coach, former QLD assistant coach and with Belly right now. 😋

Josh Hannay has had FG experience and is with Sharks.

Seriously it's a lottery and I am lost how you can be so certain of his potential. Moreso how you think that anyone like Ciraldo can just waltz in and jedi our playing group into being up for a title fight every week instead of every second week.

If BA has to go, I'd get Eels Hall of Famer Dean Pay, if he would bother to come back to the NRL after the way he was treated. He's not a bad coach, was just in charge of a shit roster.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
How can the bunker not rule on forward passes but can rule whether players contesting a kick knock it forward or back?

They could have called it a Knock on it was that far forward. But it didn't get a mention at all by Fox.

Parra

Referee
So what has Ciraldo ever done that places him above the scorched remains of the next big thing assistants ?

Stephen Kearney is a former NRL and International coach, former QLD assistant coach and with Belly right now. 😋

Seriously it's a lottery and I am lost how you can be so certain of his potential. Moreso how you think that anyone like Ciraldo can just waltz in and jedi our playing group into being up for a title fight every week instead of every second week.

If BA has to go, I'd get Eels Hall of Famer Dean Pay, if he would bother to come back to the NRL after the way he was treated. He's not a bad coach, was just in charge of a shit roster.

Barrett was assistant at the Panthers and has just resigned. No idea what the idiots at the Bulldogs expected - just sign him and the Penrith magic that took years to build will somehow just come with him? It would be idiotic to hire an assistant from another club and expect any different results that we already have. In fact, I expect we would take a big step backwards. Other clubs should be seeking out Arthur's assistants to work out how to be competitive without a roster that needs a sombrero.

And remember that in keeping with the age-old tradition it's fine to have footy food on nights when the footy is on and a day either side. Or whenever you can't be f**ked getting something else. I feel like pizza tonight, like pizza tonight!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sack BA for an untried rookie? LOL

What makes you think Ciraldo is the answer? The bloke has never coached first grade. Or is it because its a "New voice" all of a sudden we will get some consistency and over achieve? Even though Ciraldo will have the same players and resources at his disposal that BA has had?

The risks of inputing an untried rookie coach far outweigh any positives that will come from it.

Unless of course we improve recruitment and resources throughout the organisation. Which in itself is a slow process.

Quick fixes and irrational decisions do not work.
Maybe the only way to get rid of Kidwell and Murphy is to sack BA.
I hear they are both great trainers though. They probably let BA win the sprints.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I'd be looking at John Morris. He did a good job for the sharks

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Speaking of Fox how annoying was that flying fox yesterday. Did anyone find that added to the coverage.

Seriously that did my head in. When Dylan Brown made that break we had no idea who was next to him.
There was this weird moment when one of the Roosters had the ball knocked out in a tackle, I think it was Makatoa on Tupou, when right then they switched to the overhead camera. For a second it looked like the ball grew in size as it flew into the air. I nearly shat myself.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd be looking at John Morris. He did a good job for the sharks

I think he is ok. But no better then what we have.
I want to keep BA untill our seasons done then decide. We may win the comp. I am not giving up hope yet. We have the fundamentals but seem to go off at times.

I'm sure in 2001 after rnd 10 we had 5 wins and a draw. Aslong as we are 50% come rnd 17 and go on a hot run for our last 8 games. We'd end up top 4 and full of steam.

Latest posts