What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Games

TruSaint

Referee
Im enjoying the Dogs status at present but feel their recruitment with the likes Kikau , Burton, JAC, Mahoney, Pangai et al, will see them progress. The new coach was inevitable.

Barrett is no NRL standard coach. Never was. It was stop gap measure.

Hate Gould, but he will set them up for success and be ruthless.

justadragon

Bench
Im enjoying the Dogs status at present but feel their recruitment with the likes Kikau , Burton, JAC, Mahoney, Pangai et al, will see them progress. The new coach was inevitable.

Barrett is no NRL standard coach. Never was. It was stop gap measure.

Hate Gould, but he will set them up for success and be ruthless.
Spot on TruSaint, didnt take them long to realise that Vaughan and Dufty need to go as well , ESL I think. They will definitely be ladder climbers soon and I hate to say but I think straight over the top of us.

Dragon David

First Grade
Gould will say its a board decision and he will deny any involvement.
So much for Barrett being there longer than Gus.
Who decided to get Barrett in the first place? He was a dead man walking right from when he was heralded in as the coach of the Bulldogs. His record overall as a head coach was not good. His record as an assistant was great - that's where he should have stayed. He won't find another club willing to take a risk and serve as their head coach in my opinion.

The turnstiles keep turning for Trent - in and out. How embarrassing. The writing was definitely on the wall though and I'm sure the Bulldogs fans are relieved that he will disappear and never to be seen again in the hallowed Belmore club and they will be looking forward to the next scalp - sorry coach.

justadragon

Bench
And they will beat us in a couple of weeks ....... They have done it to us a couple of times when they weren't travelling great .......
Agree Illusion, we always struggle with them, now they will be even more fired up, plus a couple of ex dragon players wanting to prove a point. They got rid of Barrett because of the start by winning only 2 games so far, hello ,,,,,we have only won 4, I'm definitely not taking this game as a straight up victory.

Dragon David

First Grade
Spot on TruSaint, didnt take them long to realise that Vaughan and Dufty need to go as well , ESL I think. They will definitely be ladder climbers soon and I hate to say but I think straight over the top of us.
Results from last year and so far in 2022 have been disastrous for Trent Barrett . His team winning just 3 games and winning the wooden spoon last year and only winning 2 from 10 games this year has been the final straw to break the Bulldogs back and now he is gone . I think that this is the reason why they had to get Gus in at the club last year to oversee things and see if there was going to be any improvement which we know didn't eventuate and this is why Barrett has been coaxed into standing down and taking whatever remuneration is owed to him.

Now that he has gone, the club will become stronger in my view and they definitely will get a coach of a much higher status and premiership winning ability. They would have spoken to someone already either for immediate effect or certainly for next year. Who that is will be the next million dollar question?

justadragon

Bench
Results from last year and so far in 2022 have been disastrous for Trent Barrett . His team winning just 3 games and winning the wooden spoon last year and only winning 2 from 10 games this year has been the final straw to break the Bulldogs back and now he is gone . I think that this is the reason why they had to get Gus in at the club last year to oversee things and see if there was going to be any improvement which we know didn't eventuate and this is why Barrett has been coaxed into standing down and taking whatever remuneration is owed to him.

Now that he has gone, the club will become stronger in my view and they definitely will get a coach of a much higher status and premiership winning ability. They would have spoken to someone already either for immediate effect or certainly for next year. Who that is will be the next million dollar question?
I think they have a few names in the pipeline Dave, Flanagan being one of them.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can guarantee it won’t be Mary, Pricey, Dean Young, Ben Hornby from the Dragons pastures!
No more ex Dragons that's for sure.
I personally would love to get Trent Barrett as the Dragons attack coach. Loved him as a player for the Dragons, and assistant coach is obviously a job he excels at. Make him an offer and shuffle Gentle out the door.
I think you mean Head OED. But, yes I must admit that Trent would be a good attacking coach for us but would he come and would Hook listen to him?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
No more ex Dragons that's for sure.

I think you mean Head OED. But, yes I must admit that Trent would be a good attacking coach for us but would he come and would Hook listen to him?
Ok, thanks DD. Please change my last sentence to "Make him an offer and shuffle Head out the door".
Unfortunately you may be right in wondering whether Hook would even listen to him. They could probably bond over a "Hate Gus" session!

TruSaint

Referee
Does anybody believe this story from Gus?

So airy fairy. I wonder what Barrett has been paid to keep his mouth shut?

Farcical.

All the journos said last night Trent would be sacked. As he should, with a win rate of 15%.

To save his reputation, Gould gave him an out.