What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did We Buy Into The Hype

Did You Buy Into The Hype?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
2011-04-23_Dino_2_small2.jpg

Weaponhead

Coach
We play small ball mostly. Our big blokes arent explosive enough at the moment.
Canberra has a massive pack.
This is an important point. For small ball to work we have to play up tempo. Today we were flat and sluggish and got steamrolled.

Dale and Toby are small props and with McInnes at 13 that is a very small middle.

They are missing BHU but I reckon the Sharks are missing a dominant prop. Will be interesting to see the recruitment priorities. Kaufusi is coming but we will need more.

This is an important point. For small ball to work we have to play up tempo. Today we were flat and sluggish and got steamrolled.

Dale and Toby are small props and with McInnes at 13 that is a very small middle.

They are missing BHU but I reckon the Sharks are missing a dominant prop. Will be interesting to see the recruitment priorities. Kaufusi is coming but we will need more.
Probably no coincidence the 3 teams we've lost to all have 1 or 2 real big strong props. Papalii, NAS and Haas (admittedly Haas wasn't 100% fit against us having said that) so it's a style of play we obviously struggle with having a small pack.

roboshark

Coach
Probably no coincidence the 3 teams we've lost to all have 1 or 2 real big strong props. Papalii, NAS and Haas (admittedly Haas wasn't 100% fit against us having said that) so it's a style of play we obviously struggle with having a small pack.
And so do next week's opponent

Go Nulla

Bench
None of us old timers believe it ..... the hype. We’ve seen it all before. As I said at the start of the year top 8 yes and top 4 maybe. Nothing I have seen during 10 rounds has changed my mind.

ghoti

Bench
Some did for sure.. some huge improvements in defence felt good to see, attack has been there for a few seasons.. feel like we're still placed for 6th-ish, the top 4 certainty hype bugged me, Media's been all over shop

Fitzy will emulate his dad, we'll be minor Premiers next year!

Bookmark it!!
Alan actually got us to the minor premiership in his first year as first grade coach, after being Jack Gibson's assistant for the previous 3 years. There is still hope.

But seriously we lack grunt and muscle in the forwards, today Pappalii and Tarpanie were making mince meat of us from really early on.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I don't think the hype is misplaced. The Sharks are a top 4 side. They're a tier below Melb/Penrith imo, but along side the Eels as the next best. Yesterday always looked like a clear let down game after playing for 60+ with 12.
Not the first team it has happened to, won't be the last.
Much better days ahead.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I don't think the hype is misplaced. The Sharks are a top 4 side. They're a tier below Melb/Penrith imo, but along side the Eels as the next best. Yesterday always looked like a clear let down game after playing for 60+ with 12.
Not the first team it has happened to, won't be the last.
Much better days ahead.
I like you.

azzah72

Bench
Didn't buy into the hype but was enjoying us playing well, feeling there will be speed bumps across the way.

I feel like we may be a bit inconsistent all year to be honest but still make the 8.

We are missing a couple of mobile big boppers to give the halves a bit more space against the bigger sides.

fizman

Bench
What is hype? Is hypegetting excited for being better than last season? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

I don’t get overhyped because every NRL Club is only one off field incident away from being favourites to spooners.

Secondly, Coach Fitzgibbon has continually stated that it is early in the season and not to get too excited because there is a long way to go.

I get excited and overhyped about chicken chips and chocolate bullets.