What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Round 11 vs Manly

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah Gutho signed a 2 year extension in April 2015 with Manly. After he did is ACL.

5 months later Barrett was appointed and one of his first moves as coach was to get rid of Gutho.

By November 2015 Gutho was with the Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
Unlike you to misrepresent what someone was saying...
I did nothing of the sort. Lingard was claiming that when BA was forced to pick Carty because of injuries, that was wasn't given a fair go and that has eroded the guy's confidence.

Carty is not a teenager. He's an experienced NRL player and knows what it takes to be an NRL player. Facts are that if we had a full roster he wouldn't have been picked. Same goes with Rein. Both were bought as fill-ins, outside the top 17 by far.

Why sign him ? Because we need 30 players and might need to use them subject to injuries.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Ok so we agree that there is no place for him.

Sorry but I don't buy your chicken vs egg justification with Carty. When you are in a roster of 30, you need to make a compelling argument to be selected. That includes your training, personal preparation and hitting any benchmarks that are given to you.

Somehow you are suggesting that he should get a spot without earning it ?
Well he wouldn’t be the first.

I did nothing of the sort. Lingard was claiming that when BA was forced to pick Carty because of injuries, that was wasn't given a fair go and that has eroded the guy's confidence.

Carty is not a teenager. He's an experienced NRL player and knows what it takes to be an NRL player. Facts are that if we had a full roster he wouldn't have been picked. Same goes with Rein. Both were bought as fill-ins, outside the top 17 by far.

Why sign him ? Because we need 30 players and might need to use them subject to injuries.
Complete revisionist bullshit. Lingard suggested he should have been given time in games which you turned into him claiming he should have been given a spot he didn't deserve.

hindy111

Post Whore

Sorry but I don't buy your chicken vs egg justification with Carty. When you are in a roster of 30, you need to make a compelling argument to be selected. That includes your training, personal preparation and hitting any benchmarks that are given to you.

All up played about 85mins. Has 3 LBAS and 2 x TAs. Tackling at 94%
I'd be prepared to give him a better run. Makatoa is a huge plodder. Yes he does a job. BUT WITH BROWN,MARATA AND KAFUSI on the bench not needed.

hindy111

Post Whore
AND Hindy111 does it again. Was it not I who was calling for Brown to be dropped to the bench and start Matterson? Then the peanuts come and threw bullshit stats at me.
Well look what BA has done now?

Carry on people.

lingard

Coach

Not at all. I'm simply making the observation that when you have an erratic player like Cartwright (who looks to me like 'confidence' player) it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to sit him on the bench and give him hardly any game-time. It seems counter-intuitive to me.

lingard

Coach
AND Hindy111 does it again. Was it not I who was calling for Brown to be dropped to the bench and start Matterson? Then the peanuts come and threw bullshit stats at me.

Carry on people.
Are you boasting that a bald dick-head, who has under-achieved for ten years, bases his selection decisions on your thinking?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I see we have no need for a back on the bench this week just in case of injury.
So who plays half if we lose Moses or Drown I wonder?

strider

Post Whore

Carry on people.
Hail hindy. Hail the great man!!! :bow_tone1:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Carry on people.
Cough cough i said the same as well.

Hiney/Hindy combo>>>>>>>>>>>> Gronky poo.