What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

Illusion

Bench
Oh, so because Sloan hasn't ,
does that mean he's not ready yet.?
No mate what I think he is ready and needs to play not get dropped after one or two bad games , Relating to the other young bloke all I was agreeing with is he has had more game time ...... I don't see the point in not playing any of the young guys , Its not that the others as in are making any difference Mybe etc ..... Id rather watch the young kids play and lose than watch the retirement club of players play and lose anyway ....... You missed my point I want the young kids playing every game .......

Illusion

Bench
Change the coaching staff, and advise Sloan of a new individual coaching program designed just for him. Also, advise him that he is wanted his progression will be supported with skills development that he needs right now.
More game time on a regular base will fix his issues that I don't find to be that much of a problem ...... He needs to play , as do all the young brigade ......

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
No mate what I think he is ready and needs to play not get dropped after one or two bad games , Relating to the other young bloke all I was agreeing with is he has had more game time ...... I don't see the point in not playing any of the young guys , Its not that the others as in are making any difference Mybe etc ..... Id rather watch the young kids play and lose than watch the retirement club of players play and lose anyway ....... You missed my point I want the young kids playing every game .......
Yes,agree, but let 'm learn in Reserves like Cambell did.
Then introduce them slowly,
on the wing.Like Copper,Gaznier,Creigh & alike.
They being introduced to soon f..cks with their confidence.

St_Bondi

Juniors
Couldn’t agree more. He wasn’t the only fullback letting the ball bounce and he looked good at times in attack. Let him develop in 1st Grade so he continues to get better. It’s not like we’re going to make the finals anyway.

Dragon David

First Grade
Couldn’t agree more. He wasn’t the only fullback letting the ball bounce and he looked good at times in attack. Let him develop in 1st Grade so he continues to get better. It’s not like we’re going to make the finals anyway.
Hook loses the plot with every game we lose (which is many). Dropping Sloan again is the worst thing for him and while Ramsey deserves to show his merit, Hook is making things worse by chopping and changing. The only reason why he is chopping and changing fullbacks is that ............ he doesn't have a clue as to who should be in that position. He just wants quick fixes and hope that by having quick fixes they might work and he comes out smelling like roses but he will end up smelling like a skunk.

justadragon

Bench
Hook loses the plot with every game we lose (which is many). Dropping Sloan again is the worst thing for him and while Ramsey deserves to show his merit, Hook is making things worse by chopping and changing. The only reason why he is chopping and changing fullbacks is that ............ he doesn't have a clue as to who should be in that position. He just wants quick fixes and hope that by having quick fixes they might work and he comes out smelling like roses but he will end up smelling like a skunk.
Hook coaching = salary
Hook coaching = due diligence done by board prior to employment, was the primary candidate really suitable for the Dragons
Hook coaching = Board/Club not being proactive in getting a coach, rather just wait for candidates to apply
Hook coaching = Results as per the 3 points above

dungay dragon

Juniors
so many changes - he is worse than Brian Smith for changes (but has none of Brians tactical smarts) I don't think he has settled on what the best 17 is, so reactive. He's learnt nothing from the panthers years - im off Hook hard
Wasnt it reported that Sloan was being rested not sacked because of welfare issues , related to soc media trolling ?
If that is the case i have no issue with it

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I'm not sure, I think a poster on here may have mentioned that was the case, but I havent seen anything in the media, if that is the case then im also with you in having no issue.
So, do I understand you to be saying - "Hook is a complete and absolute dud, unless he isn't "? Sounds about right. 🤔

justadragon

Bench
So, do I understand you to be saying - "Hook is a complete and absolute dud, unless he isn't "? Sounds about right. 🤔
No not at all, as to this point and Im only speaking for myself, I have not seen anything in the media that reflects the reason sloan was dropped, if it comes out as it was for his welfare and only for that reason, then I'm fine with it. But until now I havent seen anything to suggest its a welfare reason, so yeah its a dud call in my opinion. I do like Ramsey and Im glad he has a shot. But at the beginning of the year it was the Ramsey / Sloan battle for the 1, Sloan came out on top and think rightly so, so what has changed now.

dungay dragon

Juniors
He has not been dropped because of his game last week.
It is a welfare decision that the club is putting his personal interest above the game
Went off this thread from yesterday
totally agree
youngsters have to learn that once they are in the NRL they are public property..plenty of bouquets will come their way , but also the sickos on social media.
best to stay off and well away

denis preston

First Grade
No not at all, as to this point and Im only speaking for myself, I have not seen anything in the media that reflects the reason sloan was dropped, if it comes out as it was for his welfare and only for that reason, then I'm fine with it. But until now I havent seen anything to suggest its a welfare reason, so yeah its a dud call in my opinion. I do like Ramsey and Im glad he has a shot. But at the beginning of the year it was the Ramsey / Sloan battle for the 1, Sloan came out on top and think rightly so, so what has changed now.
In AFL they have 3 terms in relation to team selections. You are either in or out or are being managed. In the Swans case they have a lot of very young players so I guess when they are not selected everyone knows that it is sometimes best to have a week off or play reserves to let their young bodies recover. It also saves the player's embarrassment I guess. Perhaps something similar is happening here ?

be55

Juniors
If Sloan is curled up in the fatal position
Dont Accuse Me Glass House GIF by Snowfall