What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Round 11 vs Manly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Complete revisionist bullshit. Lingard suggested he should have been given time in games which you turned into him claiming he should have been given a spot he didn't deserve.
For a dude who is only in the team because better players are unavailable, should he suddenly be given significant minutes just because he’s made it onto the bench?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see we have no need for a back on the bench this week just in case of injury.
So who plays half if we lose Moses or Drown I wonder?
You can’t just leave your youngsters on the bench each week in case of injury. They also need some long minutes in reserve grade. But also our attack is fine. We can just stick another back rower into the 6 spot and play with one half if we lose one. After half a dozen games it was clear that our attack is good and it’s our defence that is the problem.

For a dude who is only in the team because better players are unavailable, should he suddenly be given significant minutes just because he’s made it onto the bench?
He played 19 games last year. If there's a top 17 that doesn't include him then he's obviously very close to it. So yes, I think he should have played more minutes when he was on the bench.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s not an obsession, I think many are perplexed as he is picked when we all know he won’t receive any game time, I don’t believe there is another coach who does this with his bench, we are constantly playing with 16 men as opposed to 17…. can anyone tell me why?
Bellamy won a grand final using only 16 players. Surely Arthur’s can win a regular season game doing the same thing.

chiefy1

Juniors
Bellamy won a grand final using only 16 players. Surely Arthur’s can win a regular season game doing the same thing.

Ba is no Bellamy and if ba continues with this bs you can already see that brown, rcg and Paulo are just about fcked already. Just wait until the finals.
A gf is different where you aren't thinking about keeping players fresh for future games You still don't get it Paul

PAU lau

eels_fan

First Grade
If Niukore wasn't injured for all but 1 game so far this season, and we weren't down to 18/19 available players in our squad until this week, i dont think Bryce would have made a game day squad all season.

He's a decent option as 18th man, and at full strength thats the only position he would ever fill for us.

He offers more flexibility than Greig, which is why he kept getting chosen with Greig the last man out.

I'm glad he's back in cup, and hopefully he gets a few full games under his belt as he may be needed during origin or later in the year as a genuine starter or interchange player, not as a seat filler which is what he's been picked for lately

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which means that his salary justifies selection or game time ?

On his salary, it’s a bit rich to suggest that he’s getting solid cash when he’s on a last chance gig. Who else wanted him ?
I thought he would’ve been re-signed on $250k+ (close to mean salary and well inside the top 17) but the way he’s been used this year suggests he wouldn’t be on that much. But maybe O’Neill signed him against Arthur’s advice?

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought he would’ve been re-signed on $250k+ (close to mean salary and well inside the top 17) but the way he’s been used this year suggests he wouldn’t be on that much. But maybe O’Neill signed him against Arthur’s advice?

Its only 5.22 in Perth. I've already had dinner and your still at work lol

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you can’t…got it.

I guess it’s fine to ask ridiculous questions that can’t be answered and this somehow proves your point. But it’s unfair for the same requirement be placed on you.

That certainly sounds like someone entering a discussion in good faith.
Since you’re the one coming from a position of criticism the onus is on you to concede you have no proof to counter any of the reasonable answers to your claims that this-decision-makes-no-sense-and-proves-the-coach is shit. Unless you have proof to the contrary, every possible explanation is valid.

hindy111

Post Whore
f**k you merkins will argue anything. Bryce was seen as top 17 buy most of us on here start of season that's just a fact.
Now some saying he was always signed for NSW cup and only as a back up. That's silly and not true.
A few sides where interested in him. Saints being one.
Probably be on 200-250k. More then Makatoa and Stone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its only 5.22 in Perth. I've already had dinner and your still at work lol
I’m at the bus stop. But in the morning I’ll still be in bed at 10:00 your time. Plus I can afford to live in a house near the beach. On the east coast I’d be in a one bedroom hovel in Katoomba.