What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels attack after ten rounds

lucablight

First Grade
Reimis Smith is a good player. Certainly better than three of the four outside backs we fielded against the Roosters. Meaney is better than Perham. I think you seriously overrate our players.
I thought we we comparing both backlines at full strength? Perham and Opacic wouldn’t be in the side if it was at full strength and I never said Simonsson would be playing for the top sides so not sure how I’m overrating anyone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought we we comparing both backlines at full strength? Perham and Opacic wouldn’t be in the side if it was at full strength and I never said Simonsson would be playing for the top sides so not sure how I’m overrating anyone.
Why compare them at full strength when this thread is about our attack after ten rounds where our backline has never been close to full strength. We had a third string left winger starting in round one ffs.

lucablight

First Grade
Why compare them at full strength when this thread is about our attack after ten rounds where our backline has never been close to full strength. We had a third string left winger starting in round one ffs.
It’s been an issue for the last few seasons now not just the first ten rounds of this season. Didn’t you want to compare the Storm side to ours at full strength?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because that was a discussion about the salary cap, which covers all situations, full strength or not. Twizzle started it, you responded and I replied. But in the context of this thread, our results are based on not being at full strength. The salary cap discussion was a tangent. Yes at full strength we have some pretty good outside backs. We are as good as the Storm in that area, imo. Though they famously don’t seem to spend a lot out wide.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Because that was a discussion about the salary cap, which covers all situations, full strength or not. Twizzle started it, you responded and I replied. But in the context of this thread, our results are based on not being at full strength. The salary cap discussion was a tangent. Yes at full strength we have some pretty good outside backs. We are as good as the Storm in that area, imo. Though they famously don’t seem to spend a lot out wide.
Right. So we agree. It’s like we’re Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reimis Smith is a good player. Certainly better than three of the four outside backs we fielded against the Roosters. Meaney is better than Perham. I think you seriously overrate our players.
And you are seriously happy to bag the shit out of the playing group to win an argument on the Internet. Bud don’t you dare say anything about the management or coaching staff!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And you are seriously happy to bag the shit out of the playing group to win an argument on the Internet. Bud don’t you dare say anything about the management or coaching staff!!!
Who’s bagging the playing group? I think they’re good. Certainly better than most teams. The only ones bagging anybody are you merkins hanging shit on the coach.

Latest posts