What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
The problem is it will take a week to count all the votes now. Prepolling and postals f**k things up

I now live in a marginal electorate and I’m pretty sure the sitting Liberal will get smashed into the next constituency.

This is because of high petrol prices, stagnant wages, grocery prices are killing us and interest rates have just started on an upwards journey to oblivion.

Lots of houses seem to be listed.

I’m over the posters of ugly real estate agent merkins littering the nature strip corners, polluting our historic dog turds, unearthing of contaminated needles and getting in the way of our beautiful women of the night.

And none of the liberal policies seem to address these fundamentals. Just more real estate merkins promising to suck fidos dong to keep payments up on their shitty European cars that break down every other week.

Scomo said it would all be much worse without him, but no one’s much interested in the past.

No one quite knows what’s albo will do, but out here on the edges, what we do know, is that we are taking a f**king bath.

Even if it’s related to the pandemic and the war, it’s under scomos watch.

A vote for scomo is seen as the continuation of the path of f**kedness because he’s calling for more of the same.

$6.50 for a lettuce? Ffs.

Smaller portions at the club bistro.

All you can eat has turned into $22 for a pile of reheated dim sims you have to wrestle with drunken ‘nam vet to eat when he’s calling in a napalm strike on the pokies.

Khe Sanh an ode to the western suburb voter!

Well the last vote out of Lindsay almost gone
In three or so hours of counting, I’ll be putting down the bong
There ain’t nothing like the kisses of a cheated liberal mistress
She’s going to hit old Tudges mattress all night long.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve been very balanced.
thomas morton yoga GIF by BALLS DEEP with Thomas Morton

Turkey have been in NATO since the 50's.

They are firmly fence sitters re Russia and not in a Switzerland way..

So they’ve been in NATO for almost 80 years and they’re not committed?

You’re a hard man Gronky!

Turkey is a sovereign country, and if you could put your head down and stop stuffing it for a moment, you should recognise that it lives in a very dangerous part of the world and it needs to thread the needle diplomatically for the good of its people.

Most of the countries in the world do not belong to NATO and that doesn’t make them rogue states.

The more countries that declare themselves hostile to Russia, the less safe the world is, the more likely the elongation of the war with the misery and hardship that entails.

I’m not interested in fighting to the last Ukrainian kid.

The Germans have also gone beserk.

Does anyone in the west understand that Russia has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over?

Do you trust Putin not to use them?

Do you think his invasion of the Ukraine was sane and reasonable?

The west is led by a bunch of brain dead tools.

We are Turkeys bitches on the intelligence front.

I support and endorse their veto of these Nordic nutcases.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
There's been significant global supply side disruptions as well leading to inflationary pressure.

Yeah, I did include supply chain issues in that post as a driver. Yes they are most definitely there, having experienced them in business for the last 18 - 24 months I understand that all too well.

However, I do think the driver behind that isn't as clear cut, because there's plenty of evidence to suggest that what's driving the supply chain issues for the most part is an inability to cater for substantially increased demand. By which I mean that if demand had continued to grow at pre-pandemic levels, the disruptions would have been far less, and more narrowly focussed on certain goods where disruption has caused some real genuine issues.

I think the greatest evidence of this is to look at the retail sales numbers, year on year growth has been well above trend during the pandemic for most quarters, and whilst inflation will account for some of that growth, there's also been a huge drag on that in services, particularly hospitality.

So whilst lot's of stuff is harder to get, and lead times for supply aren't getting any better, common sense will tell you that you can't get the kind of growth we've been seeing without selling more goods, and it can only stand to reason that in order to sell more goods, you must have more goods to sell.

And it's unquestionable when you look at the numbers, that indeed we have been selling more goods, and that has to mean we have been getting more goods to sell.

The only other explanation is that actual inflation is way higher than the number being calculated. Though for that to be the case, it'd need to be sitting at around 10%, give or take.

Gronk

Staff member
So they’ve been in NATO for almost 80 years and they’re not committed?

You’re a hard man Gronky!

Turkey is a sovereign country, and if you could put your head down and stop stuffing it for a moment, you should recognise that it lives in a very dangerous part of the world and it needs to thread the needle diplomatically for the good of its people.

Most of the countries in the world do not belong to NATO and that doesn’t make them rogue states.

The more countries that declare themselves hostile to Russia, the less safe the world is, the more likely the elongation of the war with the misery and hardship that entails.

I’m not interested in fighting to the last Ukrainian kid.

The Germans have also gone beserk.

Does anyone in the west understand that Russia has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over?

Do you trust Putin not to use them?

Do you think his invasion of the Ukraine was sane and reasonable?

The west is led by a bunch of brain dead tools.

We are Turkeys bitches on the intelligence front.

I support and endorse their veto of these Nordic nutcases.
Yeah sorry, I don’t think you have presented a single plausible reason why Finland and Sweden should be blocked from joining NATO.

These countries are entitled to do whatever they need to do to protect their sovereignty as is Turkey. Turkey are being juvenile in their response.

The New York Times sums it up perfectly in the opening paragraph of today’s paper.

BRUSSELS — Europe’s effort to stand up to Russia and Vladimir V. Putin, its president, is being slowed by two strongmen leaders insisting on the priority of their national interests and playing to domestic audiences.

strider

Post Whore
You seen the price of an iceberg lettuce? Not everyone has enough money to buy new DAC machines
What are you talking about. I got 2 baby cos from woolies for 4.50 ... baby cos is the king of lettuce

Admittedly they used to only be 2.50

Latest posts