What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

denis preston

First Grade
Coric & Oófou to bench and Treigh Stewart & Shereb dropped to JF. Are the pathways guys being managed or are just not cutting the mustard at present ?

Is this a telecast match? Did catch a few mins of their last match and they looked good. Dont recall seeing Tyrell Sloan there tho. He keeps being picked in the prelim Firsts squad but is always left out. Our Flegg side are now traveling very well with some recent strong wins. I suspect these are being driven by their smart pair of halves Perryman and Herring...

Last edited:

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Is this a telecast match? Did catch a few mins of their last match and they looked good. Dont recall seeing Tyrell Sloan there tho. He keeps being picked in the prelim Firsts squad but is always left out. Our Flegg side are now traveling very well some recent strong big wins. I suspect these are being driven by their smart pair of halves Perryman and Herring...
The last steamed match Sloan played and was a standout
It was Perryman first game at 7 on weekend and they lost Brax had been the 7 all year until promoted

The last steamed match Sloan played and was a standout
It was Perryman first game at 7 on weekend and they lost Brax had been the 7 all year until promoted
You talking KOE or Flegg. I only see a few minutes without comm so no idea of the players. Where did you see the match streamed?

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Coric & Oófou to bench and Treigh Stewart & Shereb dropped to JF. Are the pathways guys being managed or are just not cutting the mustard at present ?
Denis, the problem is that once numbers 18-24 are released from the NRL squad to play NSW Cup there are few spots left. Coric played the last 20 mins or so on Sunday and looked impressive, made big metres. In this case I don't think "dropped" is the appropriate word. Neither played NSW Cup vs Wests.

denis preston

First Grade
Denis, the problem is that once numbers 18-24 are released from the NRL squad to play NSW Cup there are few spots left. Coric played the last 20 mins or so on Sunday and looked impressive, made big metres. In this case I don't think "dropped" is the appropriate word. Neither played NSW Cup vs Wests.
Id be fast tracking the Pathways guys ahead of the Farmer, Alvaro, Ford etc . Give them as much game time as possible at the expense of the Plodders.

Dracarys

Juniors
No way. Once George hits his straps he'll provide double the impact of Kerr.
GB is a big unit finding his way back from (unprecedented) major surgery. He's looked a bit lost out there mainly due to fitness issues but its bin 12 months since the operation so we'll know where he's at in a few weeks. Will also depend on how much he wants it.

Dragon David

First Grade
GB is a big unit finding his way back from (unprecedented) major surgery. He's looked a bit lost out there mainly due to fitness issues but its bin 12 months since the operation so we'll know where he's at in a few weeks. Will also depend on how much he wants it.
Yes exactly Dracarys. I think that George wants to get back to his "best" so that he can stay employed as a rugby league player and the only way he can continue is to get over his hip problems and get fitter.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
It was fascinating to watch both Tyrell and Moses in their respective games last Sunday. Both were impressive. But Mbye couldn't have done what Sloan did in attack, running for 200+metres, scoring two tries and almost setting up a spectacular length of the field try except for a poor pass on halfway. However on the other hand Sloan wouldn't have been as secure under the high ball and wouldn't have made all the tackles Mbye pulled off. Would love to see Sloan's speed and anticipation in the NRL but it is often said and Bennett proved it at the Dragons that the first priority in turning a club around is defence.

Dragon David

First Grade
Not good. Bulldogs score in front - 22 nil now. Just saw Sloan shove the referee hard who fell to the ground. The ref was in Sloan's way when the try was being scored.

Our guys look buggered but trying their best. Making too many fundamental mistakes. Bulldogs just scored their 5th try to make it 26 nil. Most of the tries are through kicks by Bailey Biondi-Odo who had the ball on a string. 25 minutes to go. Our guys missing tackles. They lack creativity.

I hope the first grade guys don't play like the ressies tomorrow.

16 minutes to go still 26 nil.

Our halfback scores (Wallace). Now 26-6 with 8 minutes to go. Our players standing with hands on hips.

Fulltime 26-6 to Bulldogs. Damage done in first half.

Our guys go back to the drawing board. Burgess came off with about 15 minutes to go - appeared to struggle a bit. Coric defended well. Sloan needs more work and he was hands on hips stuff today.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Not good. Bulldogs score in front - 22 nil now. Just saw Sloan shove the referee hard who fell to the ground. The ref was in Sloan's way when the try was being scored.

Our guys look buggered but trying their best. Making too many fundamental mistakes. Bulldogs just scored their 5th try to make it 26 nil. Most of the tries are through kicks by Bailey Biondi-Odo who had the ball on a string. 25 minutes to go. Our guys missing tackles. They lack creativity.

I hope the first grade guys don't play like the ressies tomorrow.

16 minutes to go still 26 nil.

Our halfback scores (Wallace). Now 26-6 with 8 minutes to go. Our players standing with hands on hips.

Fulltime 26-6 to Bulldogs. Damage done in first half.

Our guys go back to the drawing board. Burgess came off with about 15 minutes to go - appeared to struggle a bit. Coric defended well. Sloan needs more work and he was hands on hips stuff today.
Good post, DD,
I was pleased when I only got charged $5 entry but by the end of the game felt the Dragons hadn't given me $5 with of entertainment. Only threatened the line in the last 15-20 mins. And as usual, at this club currently, no favours from the ref.

I am assuming anyone reading this would only be looking at NSW Cup for possible improvement to the NRL so that's what I'll comment on. Michael Molo impressed again. Very involved, running strongly and passing well. Jaiyden Hunt made some strong runs and tackles but playing on an edge he was not quite so involved. Josh Kerr was solid but looked fast and strong playing the last 20 mins as a backrower. I could also see why Coric has got some wraps on him.

But that's the end of any positives. Not sure if Muhleisen was injured but Dietz played the majority of the game. Burgess had two stints but didn't make an impression, finally limping off. As I mentioned previously, good he won't be playing the Storm. Tyrell had an off day, possibly trying to do too much.

Glad to see Max Feagai walking around freely after the game - on today's performance I wouldn't like to see Moga playing NRL if there was an injury to either centre.

Dragon David

First Grade
Good post, DD,
I was pleased when I only got charged $5 entry but by the end of the game felt the Dragons hadn't given me $5 with of entertainment. Only threatened the line in the last 15-20 mins. And as usual, at this club currently, no favours from the ref.

I am assuming anyone reading this would only be looking at NSW Cup for possible improvement to the NRL so that's what I'll comment on. Michael Molo impressed again. Very involved, running strongly and passing well. Jaiyden Hunt made some strong runs and tackles but playing on an edge he was not quite so involved. Josh Kerr was solid but looked fast and strong playing the last 20 mins as a backrower. I could also see why Coric has got some wraps on him.

But that's the end of any positives. Not sure if Muhleisen was injured but Dietz played the majority of the game. Burgess had two stints but didn't make an impression, finally limping off. As I mentioned previously, good he won't be playing the Storm. Tyrell had an off day, possibly trying to do too much.

Glad to see Max Feagai walking around freely after the game - on today's performance I wouldn't like to see Moga playing NRL if there was an injury to either centre.
I support what you have said Steve and thanks for the expansion of how some of the players went.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
After watching the game yesterday, to me, it was quite obvious the Sloan was trying too hard. He was tryung to be involved in just about every play, even slotting into dummy half. He also copped 2 knocks during the game which set him back a little.

To say he was 'disinterested' is judging his game very harshly. Still ran for over 100m, 3 tackle breaks, 2 dummy half runs for 26m, 33 receipts (more than the hooker CM), 3 kicks for 53m and 1 grubber kick. On the down side was his error count and something he has to work on whilst in ressies.

May I add the 'officials' did us no favours also, with the rub of the green going to the Dogs almost every play.

BLM01

First Grade
After watching the game yesterday, to me, it was quite obvious the Sloan was trying too hard. He was tryung to be involved in just about every play, even slotting into dummy half. He also copped 2 knocks during the game which set him back a little.

To say he was 'disinterested' is judging his game very harshly. Still ran for over 100m, 3 tackle breaks, 2 dummy half runs for 26m, 33 receipts (more than the hooker CM), 3 kicks for 53m and 1 grubber kick. On the down side was his error count and something he has to work on whilst in ressies.

May I add the 'officials' did us no favours also, with the rub of the green going to the Dogs almost every play.

They are all scared of Gus

Latest posts