What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R11 Sat - Sydney 12-32 Penrith @ SCG

Round 11: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
Another very satisfying win because the Roosters really turned up and didn't deserve to lose by 20 points with their effort but we're just too well drilled these days.

Fun Fact: only Penrith's 2nd ever win at The S.C.G.

10-7 against Manly? I just read about it. Crazy stat.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Lol rubbish

It wasn't our full strength side, was it Penrith's?

Speaking of hope in the finals. Is this Penrith side ever going to dominate one or will they continue to be the worst performing finals team as far as premiers go in NRL history?

We had half of our team walking wounded and still won the comp. That made it all the more of an outstanding achievement because usually the premiers are the team that has fewest injuries come finals time.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith better strap their cocks on next week because they have a real game on.
I'll definitely be going to it and expect an entertaining contest against a Cowboys team who are fun to watch. However I'm also expecting a Panthers team hungry to get back to winning ways at Penrith after the loss to Parra a couple of weeks ago.

Valheru

Coach
Take a chill pill mate. It’s what round 11.

We we’re the better side tonight, to your credit you threw at lot at us, but we prevailed in rather comfortable fashion.

Were not even at the half way point, a lot of footy to be played.

Credit where credit is due, don’t you think. Our boys were pretty good against your boys who had a real dig.

I do think that and I said as much in the first post I made on the topic.

Kilkenny

Coach
I do think that and I said as much in the first post I made on the topic.
There wasn’t 20 point difference between the two sides.

We did what we do well, capitalised on our opportunities.

Outstanding defence. We got the points.

we’re not even at the half way point, season really begins after origin is over.

GongPanther

Referee
Take a chill pill mate. It’s what round 11.

We we’re the better side tonight, to your credit you threw at lot at us, but we prevailed in rather comfortable fashion.

Were not even at the half way point, a lot of footy to be played.

Credit where credit is due, don’t you think. Our boys were pretty good against your boys who had a real dig.
Ignore them. They are doing the usual damage control by spitting out any vitriol to make the hurt go away. I like Easts supporters, but there are 2 or 3 in here who simply can't face getting done by anyone further west than Sydney Town Hall.

Fangs

Coach
I can't work out what has been more comprehensive. Penrith's utterly dominant win or Labor's comprehensive election victory.

GongPanther

Referee
10-7 against Manly? I just read about it. Crazy stat.
Was there in the Bradman Stand with my GF. Found a wallet with no ID but with $200. Was on a Tuesday, so I rang the boss that night and told him I was having the rest of the week off. :)

Fangs

Coach
Was there in the Bradman Stand with my GF. Found a wallet with no ID but with $200. Was on a Tuesday, so I rang the boss that night and told him I was having the rest of the week off. :)

Hilarious.

Too expensive for the working man to buy undercover seats tonight. Never seen a game at the G. Sat at home.

GongPanther

Referee
I can't work out what has been more comprehensive. Penrith's utterly dominant win or Labor's comprehensive election victory.
On the betting markets for the past two weeks, Labour was $1.47 to Libs $2.60. These markets should be rubbed out because people can be swayed by this market if they can't make up their own mind.

The_Frog

First Grade
That was dragons 2010esque from Penrith in that they won by a large margin which didn't reflect the difference between the 2 teams on the night. Stay with me panthers fans, that's not a knock, that is what elite teams do. The first 30 was very even and the game was essentially decided in the last 10 of the first half when Penrith were clinical with their opportunities where the roosters weren't. Even in the 2nd half the roosters were the better team IMO but still lost the half albeit it was 2 tries all.

As far as losses go this year, that was our best performance albeit our biggest loss. It just shows how fluid the panthers are in attack at the moment as I thought our defence was quite good most of the way.

If I'm the roosters I certainly don't walk way from the game thinking the gap can't be bridged by end of season.
I thought in the first half we'd got on top by around 20 mins but it took a while to get over.

forby

Juniors
They are an incredibly patient team who don't panic or get frustrated. The only thing that could stop them this year is refereeing.

There wasn’t 20 point difference between the two sides.

We did what we do well, capitalised on our opportunities.

Outstanding defence. We got the points.

we’re not even at the half way point, season really begins after origin is over.
Nice to have competition points in the bank before Origin starts though. Means you can drop a few during the period if needed.

Original Name

Juniors
Lol rubbish

It wasn't our full strength side, was it Penrith's?

Speaking of hope in the finals. Is this Penrith side ever going to dominate one or will they continue to be the worst performing finals team as far as premiers go in NRL history?
Does it matter? A premiership's a premiership.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I'll definitely be going to it and expect an entertaining contest against a Cowboys team who are fun to watch. However I'm also expecting a Panthers team hungry to get back to winning ways at Penrith after the loss to Parra a couple of weeks ago.
Others are also hungry.

Latest posts