What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dragons Rd11 2022

Benek

Juniors
The wheels came off so badly in the second half. And it wasn’t even that much pressure or adversity. 6 point game and anyone could win. Yet we started shitting ourselves, giving up easy metres, making bad choices. We need something serious to change because fiddling each week is doing us nothing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I feel like the problem is that he was never coachable enough or had a burning desire to get better. Took criticism as a personal affront rather than a chance to get better. Was happy to rely on natural talent which only took him so far, and now that his body isn't capable of that stuff he's got nothing to fall back on.

the thing is the last couple of years I’d watched him at the Sharks, and he had seemed to develop that solid game like Benji changed into late in his career, but it is nowhere to be seen now and I didn’t see it coming, I thought he was a pretty handy pickup for 400k

I’ll never forget the simple advice from Freddy on the Sunday Footy show, “he just needs to get his jersey dirty” and Shaun took umbridge to it with a “what would he know” attitude

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
the thing is the last couple of years I’d watched him at the Sharks, and he had seemed to develop that solid game like Benji changed into late in his career, but it is nowhere to be seen now and I didn’t see it coming, I thought he was a pretty handy pickup for 400k

I’ll never forget the simple advice from Freddy on the Sunday Footy show, “he just needs to get his jersey dirty” and Shaun took umbridge to it with a “what would he know” attitude
That's the incident I was thinking of, as well. Also the 'yous got what you wanted' thing after the 2017 World Cup, speaks to the mindset of taking too much shit personally rather than focusing on getting better and what he can control.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah what the f**k would Fittler know? Chump…

Benek

Juniors
Yeah. If we’re not getting a mature head from him, what’s he offering? SJ out for at least a week to fire him up a bit.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Volkam, CHT and Asi to centre maybe? We’re nothing without a quality half back though. Jazz is not a 9 and you’ll never convince me.
We might as well go our young fella’s in Walsh, CHT, Volkam and Otukolo as our starting spine. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough mentality.

Reactions: JJ
Great first touch by SJ.
Then Aitken assisting his old team trying to knock it dead, instead of forcing it.
And a try because of the errors.

6-0 3mins

DWZ with some nice acrobatics on an overcooked SJ kick going 5m out, nudged back in for Vailea.

6-4 12 mins

SJ kicks out on full.
DWZ cops one high and gets a penalty.
Walsh flick pass into Dragons, who challenge it.
Ben hunt accidental offside, challenge lost.

Forced dropout earned by Lusick, then Asi loses it.

Jazz with a nice break.
SJ scores as Hunt shirt grabs.

6-10 26mins.

Dragons inside the 10m and penalised.

Challenge on Debelin tackling late as Pompey loses ball. But getting up to play the ball. Going back ref clearly said held as Debelin came in. #refeddifferently.
Lost our challenge.
And they score off it

12-10 32 mins

Dragons error lost ball let's us down their end.
A better kick by SJ for DWZ to set up Vailea to score again in the corner.

12-14 (Walsh off his kicking should be 18) 36mins.

Halftime.

Dragons in front of kicker and penalised.
SJ kick taken dead earning a dropout.
DWZ with some more great acrobatics to score in the corner. Walsh got 2 defenders interested.

12-18 45 mins. Walsh misses again

Penalty Warriors inside the 10m, letting Dragons out their end, then a 6 again, and Dragons score.
Aitken runs up and misses everything and leaves a huge gap for Dragon to run through.

18-18 49mins

WTF, throwing ball back into Dragon, Pompey races out of line and misses and Dragins sprints way, next play they score.
Aitken making wrong call again going in.

22-18 53mins

Dragons knock on inside our 10m.
Then penalised for lying in ruck.

Hold on, Dragons get 2 challenges?
Called off Dragons but on review off Warriors. How did they have a challenge after losing it in the first? #refdifferently #cheating

Some good scramble D
Lomax flips Lusick and penalised.

Rababalalrara makes a mistake in his 35m
Did Lomax really make it back, clearly short till pushing himself forward after tackle and how many attackers pushing defenders??? Is this union??
Then Walsh penalised for a fair tackle holding leg. Professional foul not sin binned.
Taking the 2 points.

24-18 70mins.

Dragons lose ball on halfway.
SJ caught on last and flicks out back to Vailea who kicks into Dragons.
Pompey in the wet slid out on first tackle.
Idiots. No brains and happy without them.

Now Pompey throws the ball out. FMD.

6 again for Dragons inside the 10m, lose the ball as Lomax trys to flick it out and then forced in goal.

SJ crushed by Harris tackling bird, good on you Tohu.
Jazz preying in background.
Hunt misses field goal attempt from in front.
31 sec left.
A couple of early tackle by Dragins in final seconds as we throw the ball around.

24-18 Fulltime.

FMD some dumb shit as usual.

I thought the Dragons had lost their challenge in the first-half? Was that a ref blunder?
Exactly, complete f**k up by ref and bunker. How can this happen? 7 tackle set kind of stuff up! Complete incompetence! Will it even be mentioned because it happened to the Warriors? #refedifferntly

Last edited:
Volkam, CHT and Asi to centre maybe? We’re nothing without a quality half back though. Jazz is not a 9 and you’ll never convince me.
We might as well go our young fella’s in Walsh, CHT, Volkam and Otukolo as our starting spine. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough mentality.
SJ not a quality half back, so let the young guys have a go.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Exactly, complete f**k up by ref and bunker. How can this happen? 7 tackle set kind of stuff up! Complete incompetence! Will it even be mentioned because it happened to the Warriors? #refedifferntly

Im not 100% sure and can’t remember the exact incident, but what I think happened was that what the Dragons actually challenged was correct, but they got pinged on something different, so you keep your challenge under those circumstances, although the ref did say they lost their challenge so I’m not sure if it was mentioned afterwards and the mics weren’t on

Benek

Juniors
Ref and commentary did mention afterwards that they had been given their challenge back. Technically they won the challenge even though we got the ball.