What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Maddragon99

Juniors
What a performance by this fella today! No way do we score 24 points today without him. That speed and threatening the line with ball in hand made the attack look a lot better and took pressure off Hunt. The commitment to catch the high ball and defensive positioning was great too. Well done Cody.
Like most on here i also believe Sloan is the real deal, I have no doubt he’ll go on to play 250+ games for the club but right now I don’t think there’s any doubt that Ramsey is much further down the road of development & is a better option at fullback. Good on you Cody you were given the opportunity & you grabbed it with both hands.

Dragon David

First Grade
What a performance by this fella today! No way do we score 24 points today without him. That speed and threatening the line with ball in hand made the attack look a lot better and took pressure off Hunt. The commitment to catch the high ball and defensive positioning was great too. Well done Cody.
Cody will stay in the fullback position for a while. He shows that he has matured and is ready to be our full time #1. He is fast, elusive and is putting his body on the line with more purpose than what Sloan has done and more so than Mbye.

In his first game back and in the full back position to boot, he looked like he hasn't been out of first grade.

I had some apprehensions with him when he was our winger and before he got injured again this year, but there is no doubt that he will be a success as our full back.

Sloan will need to improve a lot and going from some report of today's KOE Cup game, Sloan had a poor game as well as some others.

justadragon

Bench
good onya champ, you took your opportunity with open arms and you didnt kick stones in ressies and you wear your heart on your sleeve. Today was the best game i have seen you play and it shows all the hard work you have put in with your development. congratulations once again and im looking forward to seeing many more high end games from you in the future,, well done mate.

BBTB

Juniors
Everyone has been saying Ramsay needed bulk. He’s done that. Last week showed he hasn’t lost any agility.
Good winger and a perfect backup for Sloan.
Sloan, watching him play today in Reserve grade. He is along way behind Ramsey .
I think Sloan's attitude is wrong, and it will be tough for him to get back in 1st grade.
Congratulations Cody Ramsey on your man of the match performance.

BBTB

Juniors
good onya champ, you took your opportunity with open arms and you didnt kick stones in ressies and you wear your heart on your sleeve. Today was the best game i have seen you play and it shows all the hard work you have put in with your development. congratulations once again and im looking forward to seeing many more high end games from you in the future,, well done mate.
Yes, congratulations Cody,
Looked brilliant in the number 1. Worked hard all day, detrimental to our win.
Keep up the effort.
Looking like a long term fullback to me.

Illusion

Bench
Tyrell will be back.Needs to grab confidence and experience. We all need to back this kid as he is a talent.Cody has experienced it.Give him time.All the best Tyrell.
I agree lets not forget Ramsey just played against a side that is struggling defensively , but did everything right good luck to him but lets wait and see when we play top end teams hopefully Cody can continue to improve against the Dogs next week then have him ready for the bigger games. .....

Trifili13

Juniors
While Cody played well, let's not get carried away as it was only the Warriors who struggled against 11 men when playing the Gummies.

While he made some nice catches from bombs, I still get nervous as he seems to mistime his jumps, like the first bomb (i think) when there was no need to jump and he nearly got too far under it (wind might have taken it so will give him a pass).

I still have visions of him against Newcastle last year and the complete meal he made of a bomb when completely unchallenged.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
While Cody played well, let's not get carried away as it was only the Warriors who struggled against 11 men when playing the Gummies.

While he made some nice catches from bombs, I still get nervous as he seems to mistime his jumps, like the first bomb (i think) when there was no need to jump and he nearly got too far under it (wind might have taken it so will give him a pass).

I still have visions of him against Newcastle last year and the complete meal he made of a bomb when completely unchallenged.
That's the way concentrate on that one bomb he dropped 8 months ago
Like Teddy and Turbo have never dropped 1
you f**k one goat

Crush

Coach
So I was thinking this morning, if Cody Ramsey doesn’t play fullback yesterday we lose that game and the coach is under pressure.
Ramsey was responsible for two of our tries, Mbye doesn’t do what he did, plain and simple.
I hope it’s a wake up call for Hook, can’t win games consistently with guys like Mbye starting.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Fullbacks always jump to take a bomb even though they don’t have to. It’s because they are not allowed to be tackled in mid air so it stops the defence from touching them. Not jumping gives the defence the perfect opportunity to smash them. The kid was given his opportunity and he took it with both hands. He had an absolute blinder. I’m always nervous whoever is under the high ball. But it’s great to see this young kid step up and have a great game. Well done