What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

I’ve got Dynaudio Focus 20XDs. They’re insane for their size. I’ve also got quite a big sub (overkill) as well but depending on what you listen to, it’s probably not needed. Otherwise you could go for the larger 30XD or 60XD. I’m using a PI2AES as my streamer with a decent linear power supply and it’s a cracking little black box. I don’t think I’ll bother upgrading that until I can afford an Auralic Aries G1 (or 2.1 if I win lotto) as it’s that good.

if you’re ever up this way you’re more than welcome to have a proper listen.

Thanks mate. I ended out getting the KEF LS50 wireless II's. Had a listen to them in town ordered some in (didn't fancy the floor stock). They were very impressive. Should have them by Wednesday.

I was very tempted by the Focus 20XDs (particularly as you can get a pair at almost half RRP at the moment). In the end, I liked the option connect via ethernet in the KEFs.

hindy111

Post Whore
She is a marvellous resource and I hope that the dinosaurs sit the f**k down and let the adults start work.

And not having a dig but was it not you talking about your new DAC players and fancy speakers along with Gary?
I would be happy to revert to old school. Live like cave men. It would suit me. Also being quite a cheap person I feel like I don't waste a whole lot. And happy to live like an animal. Wild
It is just hard to eliminate our lifestyles. How do we stop? People just want new things and love technology. I'm stuck on radio still. Probably due to laziness more then anything.

hindy111

Post Whore
Thanks mate. I ended out getting the KEF LS50 wireless II's. Had a listen to them in town ordered some in (didn't fancy the floor stock). They were very impressive. Should have them by Wednesday.

I was very tempted by the Focus 20XDs (particularly as you can get a pair at almost half RRP at the moment). In the end, I liked the option connect via ethernet in the KEFs.

Ffs what about the planet. Do you not own a radio?

Happy MEel

First Grade

They’re both amazing options mate, you won’t regret it. Keep us posted with how you find them.

TheRam

Coach
She is a marvellous resource and I hope that the dinosaurs sit the f**k down and let the adults start work.

I won't hold her incorrect beliefs in man made climate change from CO2 against her. Climate change due to desertification though is a different story and a real one to be concerned about.

Gronk

Staff member
I won't hold her incorrect beliefs in man made climate change from CO2 against her. Climate change due to desertification though is a different story and a real one to be concerned about.
I think you’re cherry picking. She is either a respected scholar or she’s not.

I am not saying that desertification is not an actual phenomenon, but to deny the existence of anthropogenic climate change is not what science says is true. Indeed they are intrinsically linked.

“We found that, between 1982 and 2015, 6% of the world’s drylands underwent desertification driven by unsustainable land use practices compounded by anthropogenic climate change. Despite an average global greening, anthropogenic climate change has degraded 12.6% (5.43 million km2) of drylands, contributing to desertification and affecting 213 million people, 93% of who live in developing economies.”

Cause of desertification. Climate variation and human activities are two main causes of desertification according to the convention. Here, human activity mainly refers to the unreasonable use of natural resources for the development of human civilizations, for urbanization, industrialization and wars. In fact, most scholars maintain that human activity has been the greatest factor affecting desertification since the first human societies formed. However, the question remains as to what role climate variation (or climate change) has and what role drought has during land desertification. These problems are still important to both academics and to human society as a whole, especially since the extreme drought in the Sahel occurred. Indeed, following the United Nations conventions on climate change and biological diversity, more scholars have been encouraged to focus on climate change, drought and desertification.

hindy111

Post Whore
Which planet?

I have 6.4kw solar system on my roof, that'll certainly cover the max 200/300w draw of this little baby.

I do own a $10 radio. It's a ripper for listening to the footy.

How much energy was wasted to make those headphones?
How long will those panels and inverter last before they end up in the bin and end a new one?

hindy111

Post Whore
I think you’re cherry picking. She is either a respected scholar or she’s not.

I am not saying that desertification is not an actual phenomenon, but to deny the existence of anthropogenic climate change is not what science says is true. Indeed they are intrinsically linked.

“We found that, between 1982 and 2015, 6% of the world’s drylands underwent desertification driven by unsustainable land use practices compounded by anthropogenic climate change. Despite an average global greening, anthropogenic climate change has degraded 12.6% (5.43 million km2) of drylands, contributing to desertification and affecting 213 million people, 93% of who live in developing economies.”

Cause of desertification. Climate variation and human activities are two main causes of desertification according to the convention. Here, human activity mainly refers to the unreasonable use of natural resources for the development of human civilizations, for urbanization, industrialization and wars. In fact, most scholars maintain that human activity has been the greatest factor affecting desertification since the first human societies formed. However, the question remains as to what role climate variation (or climate change) has and what role drought has during land desertification. These problems are still important to both academics and to human society as a whole, especially since the extreme drought in the Sahel occurred. Indeed, following the United Nations conventions on climate change and biological diversity, more scholars have been encouraged to focus on climate change, drought and desertification.

I think you use the term cherry picking to freely. Kind of like that gas lighting phase you went through.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Kind of like that gas lighting phase you went through.

fart GIF

hindy111

Post Whore
I didn't buy any headphones. I bought speakers with amps integrated within them. You make amps, right?

Yes. What is great about these is they are the highest quality parts and if anything breaks it is repairable. Not a throw away item. I'm basicaly saving the planet. Unlike most things made these days. A 50 cent part blows and the cost to repair isn't worth it.

I built this for Dad for his birthday. Beautifully isn't it.

20220521_085825.jpg

This is my personal baby

20220422_162159.jpg

Latest posts