What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Watched Kerr yesterday...For the first 15 mins dominated the opposition esp with his charges , then like all else went into his shell ..Gee , if someone could unlock the key to this guy , could be a major player,,Many have tried,,
Yes- that's my problem with him as well- he can pull off the odd spectacular bit of football like yesterday when he actually signalled to Moga in the KOE game for the cross field kick and he raced through like a modern day winger and caught it on the full and scored. Then he rests on his laurels. Apart from one other run when he channelled Asofa Solomona, used his 120+ kgs and dragged defenders in good post contact metres, he was his usual passive, lumbering self. Needs to be kept on a chain and fed red meat before games.

Anyway, back to Tyrell Sloan as this is his thread. Got to hope that he is being managed properly both physically and mentally. In and out though makes you wonder.
Yes I see the kid's poor body language after he is dropped by our terrible coach. Dont despair young fellar as you are a multi skilled footballer so even if Ramsay takes your fullback spot there is room for you somewhere in our backline.. preferably closer to the ruck. We are now seeing some improvement from Junior in a position he looked decidely uncomfortabe in only a few games back, but reckon Tyrell would be better suited there.

slippery5

Juniors
I could be wrong but someone like Ford might be too good for the second tier but not up to first grade standard on a week to week basis. Correct me if I am wrong but he has been in and out of first grade for the past 2 to 3 years and if he was going to nail down a position he would have done it by now. Not saying that he won't but unlikely in my opinion, he has had his chances.

And i think that is part of our problem. We build these young guys up and cling onto the hope they nail down a place, while the more ruthless clubs move them on.
You're not wrong.

Yep you forget to mention that Woods is a sloth defensively after he’s been on the field longer than 10 mins.
I did not need to as you just did. For your info I rewatch every one of our games closely. Yes Woods' best is behind him. Like I say his offloads are sloppy and create more probs than good. But to replace him with Kerr is not the answer going on his dismal stats. I'd even prefer an unfit George Burgess to both of em.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Yes I see the kid's poor body language after he is dropped by our terrible coach. Dont despair young fellar as you are a multi skilled footballer so even if Ramsay takes your fullback spot there is room for you somewhere in our backline.. preferably closer to the ruck. We are now seeing some improvement from Junior in a position he looked decidely uncomfortabe in only a few games back, but reckon Tyrell would be better suited there.
1.Ramsey
6.Sloan
7.Sullivan
13/12 Amone??

denis preston

First Grade
Ramsey had a great game yesterday and needs to be in the team , somewhere but lets not forget about Sloane for me just my opinion, , Sloane is a gifted player with a lot of flair more than Ramsey ..... What Ramsey has on Sloane is his grittiness no fear and enthusiasm ....... Given time would love to have him Ramsey , Sloane , Sully , Amone all playing and starting .......
What Ramsey has on Sloane is a body that has or near fully matured. Huge difference and has shown Cody’s improvement.

BBTB

Juniors
What Ramsey has on Sloane is a body that has or near fully matured. Huge difference and has shown Cody’s improvement.
I'm sure we'll see Sloane again, when his body matures and he gains some confidence. But for now its Ramsey time to shine.The way he played against the Warriors, showed us he is the one to take the fullback roll.
Maybe Sloane can be introduced later on in a less taxing position. Maybe on the Wing.
Ramsey gave our backline a new dimension against the Warriors. He totally deserves the fullback position.

12 Amone??
I dont see Junior as a forward.. at least a put pill under arm and hit it up type. Down the track he could replace a retired JDB at lock. But meanwhile where do we best utilise his developing ball and kick skills if we are also to accommodate Fox (Sloan). Presents a bit of a conundrum for the coaching staff.

Last edited:
If we play Fox on the wing his pace and footwork alone will score him plenty of tries but his lack of bulk may cost him four pointers too. I can see him being belted out of play often on his way down the touch line. Also on the wing his ball skills will be largely wasted.

Last edited:

Latest posts