What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's growth mindset points to 18th team. And it ain't Perth.

MugaB

Coach
the whole notion that we should choose a bid just to get bears back is taking the piss, I’m just going along With the stupidity of it.
I get that, but you've asked which club is willing to merge with another bid to bring in a new market? Norths seems to be the front runner regardless of their history, if anyone knows some better suitor?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’d go as fas as to say Christchurch’s only hope against perth is to saddle up to the bears. This gives bears a much stronger position To dictate to the new club. Of course long term that is probably likely to lead to disaster Befalling the new club.
Apart from jnrs and Vlandys myopia WA really doesn’t need the bears.

MugaB

Coach
I’d go as fas as to say Christchurch’s only hope against perth is to saddle up to the bears. This gives bears a much stronger position To dictate to the new club. Of course long term that is probably likely to lead to disaster Befalling the new club.
They'll need someone now.... PVL doesn't care about perth, likes the idea, but needs a strong club running it

Pippen94

First Grade

Hahaha. You have a way of stating / reading the situation the opposite of everybody else & reality.

MugaB

Coach
Bears want Perth. NRL officials already stated nz2 is focus. Somehow you got that reversed.
Bears want in... they wont care if its perth or Christchurch, perth asked the bears...
We all think that works, but the bears will be difficult in regards to demands of sydney matches vs home Perth matches, which everyone agrees that the minimum should be a 10/2 ratio in favor of WA

Pippen94

First Grade
Bears want in... they wont care if its perth or Christchurch, perth asked the bears...
We all think that works, but the bears will be difficult in regards to demands of sydney matches vs home Perth matches, which everyone agrees that the minimum should be a 10/2 ratio in favor of WA

I haven't seen anything about bears & nz. (Perth bears will get manly at north Sydney & South's for what's it worth). All the talk suggest nz2 in box seat anyway. How somebody thinks the opposite applies I don't know?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bears want Perth. NRL officials already stated nz2 is focus. Somehow you got that reversed.
That’s better, see you can answer a comment with countering discussion points rather than insults. Well done.

bears have said They’ll go wherever they can have most control and thinks a likely winner Imo, a couple of days after the Perth story they were commentating on joining a nz bid lol

yes we know nz2 is one possible new market, but at this time putting the two possible new markets on the table perth is winning hands down imo.
3 stated millionaires wanting to bid for perth v’s one semi rich guy who says he can find bidders
city of 2.2 million v city of 400k
coined state govt saying it will invest in perth bid v city council with no money
despite more Christchurch region nrl players coming through WA actually has more clubs than Christchurch area suggesting better pathways and investment will see WA players developed
stadium Christchurch wins hands down but hbf park is fit for purpose for now and hopefully the wa govt commitment sees it finished And turned into a quality venue

nz2 with the bears and with skynz willing to massively up its tvvdeal wins, without those Perth has to be favourite, in my biased opinion lol

Perth Red

Post Whore

Pippen94

First Grade
That’s better, see you can answer a comment with countering discussion points rather than insults. Well done.

bears have said They’ll go wherever they can have most control and thinks a likely winner Imo, a couple of days after the Perth story they were commentating on joining a nz bid lol

yes we know nz2 is one possible new market, but at this time putting the two possible new markets on the table perth is winning hands down imo.
3 stated millionaires wanting to bid for perth v’s one semi rich guy who says he can find bidders
coined state govt saying it will invest in perth bid v city council with no money
despite more Christchurch region nrl players coming through WA actually has more clubs than Christchurch area suggesting better pathways and investment will see WA players developed
stadium Christchurch wins hands down but hbf park is fit for purpose for now and hopefully the wa govt commitment sees it finished And turned into a quality venue

nz2 with the bears and with skynz willing to massively up its tvvdeal wins, without those Perth has to be favourite, in my biased opinion lol

Pretty sure ur the only one that trades in insult. I just post truth which sometimes can cut worse.
Nz2 is favored bid reading between the lines from nrl head office. Sky TV money is guaranteed. Millionaires can cut & run.

Pippen94

First Grade
The thing is no one wants The Bears. Not even the North Shore cares about them, other than 1,500 rusted on fans who are getting long in the tooth.

A Perth team can tap into the local onionball competition for players. Let Twiggy fund the development of onionballers then poach the best ones for the Pirates.

Peter vlandys does. He’s the only voice that matters here
Broadcasters won't want a failed Sydney club with just 1,500 fans. Perth's business community won't fund a Sydney team that isn't based solely in Perth. Bears will not accept they're anything less than a controlling stake and games at NSO. For these reasons it will not work.

MugaB

Coach
Geez grotd is dumb, "no one wants the bears" he is the only poster here that is against them, sure everyone has a view of how, but not how he is hating on them

Latest posts