What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 State of Origin - Game 1 - Wed 8 June

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hynes wrapped up the 14 jumper today no doubt. Hes a much better player than I gave him credit for.
My much earlier prediction that Matto gets a run is gaining momentum.
Has Reg played himself out of a jersey these past 2 weeks?
Qld to win for mine. Slater to show that pretender Fittler up.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Hynes wrapped up the 14 jumper today no doubt. Hes a much better player than I gave him credit for.
My much earlier prediction that Matto gets a run is gaining momentum.
Has Reg played himself out of a jersey these past 2 weeks?
Qld to win for mine. Slater to show that pretender Fittler up.
Couple of weeks ago I reckon Reg and Barlow were the form props of the comp. They’ve both dipped a little since then. Junior will be there Reg should be aswell but who knows

Matto a chance too and on current form he deserves it

hindy111

Post Whore
Critchton and Staggs are high chances. Korisau will get the nod over cook. Wighton would be perfect for the unity imo. Hynes is more skilled but unless an injury is he an impact player?

hindy111

Post Whore
QLD have a great spine. Ponga,Munster,Grant,DCE and Hunt off the bench.
They also have a lot more talent in the backline now and forward pack. Teddy's played his best footy imo and without Turbo we are probably passed our best.
Cook also is on the downhill slide. Our 2nd rowers are also not in form.
We've been strong for a while now. We may win it again but I don't see a dynasty.

eels_fan

First Grade
Teddy
JAC
Staggs
Crichton
To’o
Luai
Cleary

I think our boys will feature heavily in the forwards

8. Paulo
9. Cooke
10. Haas
11. Martin
12. Murray
13. Yeow

14. Hynes
15. RCG
16. Jake Turbo
17. Matto

18. Koroisau

King-Gutho94

Coach
NSW pissed away a series in 2020 so instead of going for 5 series in a row. It will struggle to go B2B.

Injuries galore in the backline and an ageing backrow. Frizzel and sims don't inspire me with a lot of confidence.

Damien cook is past it and Api korosau is unlikely to be picked because of displince issues from last year.

Qld have the benefit this year of the broncos and cowboys being in form and in the top 4. Spine is settled.

So they have more players pushing for selection and depth.

If NSW win this series it would be Freddy's greatest series win as coach imo.

Nathan cleary will have to be player of the series.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Reckon he’s a horrendous centre tbh. Defensively rubbish. When he and Gutho were centres a couple of Years ago they were both targeted. I reckon even Gutho was better there than him
Staggs has defensive issues and i would be picking him.

Wighton is an origin player. NSW needs to pick origin players with a mongrel wighton and staggs have got it in spades.

If wighton was a queenslander he would be there.

NSW also need to follow the blueprint from last year similar to penrith where the outside backs do all the grunt work from tackles 1 to 3. Wighton is one of the strongest ball runners in the game.

strider

Post Whore
i reckon wighton will be in the centres ... freddy likes a bit of loyalty

teddy
jac
staggs
wighton
to'o
luai
cleary

haas
cook
bowlo
martin
murray (is he injured?)
yeo

hynes
rcg
jake
crighton/matto .... is kolamatagi eligible?

Kilkenny

Coach
Critchton and Staggs are high chances. Korisau will get the nod over cook. Wighton would be perfect for the unity imo. Hynes is more skilled but unless an injury is he an impact player?
I think Apis putting his private part where it probably shouldn’t of been in camp last year May rule him out of selection consideration. I don’t think Freddie would have forgiven him for such a breach of trust.

I actually think Ryan Matterson should be in the 17. His form speaks for itself.