What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Well I was obviously referring to the questions I asked and not the ones you invented which were statements and of course you have not addressed the ones I’ve actually asked except to cite some irrelevant article from NATO.
I responded to every signed question you asked. Which ones do you think I missed ?
You should otherwise retract the straw men in your argument.
Which is a straw man arguement ?

What I was right about is that are just scared of Russia. You tell me, what does Eastern Europe look like if Ukraine just puts their hands up and crumbles ?

Gronk

Staff member
This puts a new spin on the term “ambulance chasers”.

Hey as we emerge from the pandemic, who can we sue make some cash ?

Gee maybe they are short of cash ? Glass houses f**kers.

I responded to every signed question you asked. Which ones do you think I missed ?

Which is a straw man arguement ?

What I was right about is that are just scared of Russia. You tell me, what does Eastern Europe look like if Ukraine just puts their hands up and crumbles ?

Eastern Europe looks a lot safer if a diplomatic settlement can be reached.

There might not be 5 million refugees

Up to 10 million people in the Middle East may not starve to death later in the year

Petrol might be affordable

The current environmental catastrophe unfolding might be halted

12 to 15000 Ukkies might still be alive

The ridiculous waste of resources on weapons may be halted and spent on meaningful things such as education and health. Perhaps redirected to people in need all over the world.

Civilisations chances of survival may improve markedly.

And many other benefits.

Hopefully you will reason this one out Gronky along the same lines as me.

It’s a matter of concessions on both sides at the moment and sort the longer term issues out in a peaceful way.

Vlad is not looking like he’s backing down now. And the more pressure we apply, the less likely that ambition.

We’d all be chuffed if he did, but I doubt he will. Eventually he could tire of the restraint he has deployed and resort to super weapons, even the conventional ones.

The most destructive conventional weapons in the history of the world. Our Ukkie friends won’t stand a chance.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
So apparently a merkin told the UN recently that the world only has 10 weeks of wheat supply left.

Maybe its a good thing. f**k that gluten carb loaded shit off.
Politics and misinformation is a tricky game.

The world has plenty of wheat. Putin still uses it as a weapon.​

Last edited:
So apparently a merkin told the UN recently that the world only has 10 weeks of wheat supply left.

Maybe its a good thing. f**k that gluten carb loaded shit off.
Perhaps, but we are looking at massive social unrest and upheaval.

The first to starve will be the weak and vulnerable.

A refugee crisis on an unimaginable scale.

Further reasons to stop the war while we can.

Eventually, the people of the west will see through it and demand it ends.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
This puts a new spin on the term “ambulance chasers”.

Hey as we emerge from the pandemic, who can we sue make some cash ?

Gee maybe they are short of cash ? Glass houses f**kers.

He should stick to coaching QLD to 3-0 loss.

For mine the only answer is that Russia pulls out and f**ks off.

Well that’s the current western policy and it’s not working.

It’s a dangerous experiment bringing about unimaginable destruction and death which will get a lot lot worse.

Russia can most likely be persuaded by other means at a later time.

That’s a better option than certain death for people who have nothing to do with it and who don’t want to die.

Gronk

Staff member
Well that’s the current western policy and it’s not working.

It’s a dangerous experiment bringing about unimaginable destruction and death which will get a lot lot worse.

Russia can most likely be persuaded by other means at a later time.

That’s a better option than certain death for people who have nothing to do with it and who don’t want to die.
Geeze if Indonesia ever invade the top end, I hope you're not in charge of peace talks.

1653366887628.png

Continuing sanctions, changes in the Kremlin post Putin, emerging persuaders such as Turkey etc.

If I was being shot at or bombed right here, right now, I’d take anything.

If my family is about to starve to death….

The west keeps making mistakes and doesn’t learn anything. Putin is not for turning and walking meekly away copping it. He’s not built like that. We know it and we keep upping the ante. We are stupid.

This is a proxy war here and now.

It’s time to save lives as the priority. That is my humanist position and it will grow as ordinary people get sick of the carnage.

Geeze if Indonesia ever invade the top end, I hope you're not in charge of peace talks.

View attachment 62032

I’d prefer to have you as an friend in this matter Gronky.

Use your passion for persuasion for the cause of peace and humanity.

Look at the western news and the fierce propaganda.

Putin is portrayed as a modern day Hitler character. Darth Vader or other shite.

It would even send @Willow into a sweat and he’s beyond raising an eyebrow at anything these days, preferring the innocence of humour I think.

I just want to lift a kid alive out of the rubble and let the pro war dickheads of all sides yell at each other.

Peace.

Last edited:

View attachment 62032

I wouldn’t take the risk to invite NATO or any other power in on an enhanced and accelerated program to point nuclear missiles at them in the first place.

Which is not to excuse the Russian invasion, just help explain it according to some scholars.

A bit more realistic than the depiction of Putin being an evil genius, cat in lap, plotting the take over of the world.

And also don’t forget South Africa who were one of the first countries to condemn the invasion but call for peace. The panel will note the turbulent atmosphere of that country over many decades and give credit to their experience of horrendous domestic hardship.

Also, I think that before the dissolution of the ussr, they were the first country to abandon and surrender their nuclear weapons.

So far as I know the world, all nations can do good and bad things. Case by case issue basis.

My expectation is that the west and our media will continue to poke the bear, it’s all the time and every day. I hope the circuit breaker is not massive destruction anywhere.

Anyway, I will let my submissions on the matter rest unless I am challenged or change my view but I do appreciate the opposing positions and leave room to accept that I could be mistaken.

Last edited:
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...eader-20220523-p5antw.html?post=p53qqg#p53qqg

An utter collpase of the Liberal vote under Morrison and his mates - their lowest proportion of seats since their first contestd election in 1946!

That much is true.

I have an economic question for @crocodile if he will answer me.

If inflation can be attributable to supply issues, is it necessary to raise interest rates to address that?

Do you think there are other alternatives?

Can the government introduce another price freeze as they did back in the 1970's to curtail inflation?

Latest posts