What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Not sure we will get Pryce for 2023 or if he will be good enough, Hodgson hasn’t shown anything but injury and Hoy isn’t making an impression even with his increased opportunity and no one is standing out in reserves

Jono078

Referee
How much do you think Sloan will be asking for?

Whatever it is I don't think it's smart of our cap use.

I'm keeping Hoy on minimum as a backup to Ponga and Hogdson. We also have 650k utility Kurt Mann if need be.

PhilGould

Bench
We'll have Ponga, Hodgson & Armstrong in the top 30, and have Jeremy Trappett who was named in the u/18 emerging QLD squad as well. Pryce is a half but has the attributes to switch to fullback. None are sure things but neither is Sloan, there's a reason he keeps getting dropped. Highly doubt he or any other unproven fullback will be a target.

Reckon Hoy will be gone.

Old dog

Juniors
We'll have Ponga, Hodgson & Armstrong in the top 30, and have Jeremy Trappett who was named in the u/18 emerging QLD squad as well. Pryce is a half but has the attributes to switch to fullback. None are sure things but neither is Sloan, there's a reason he keeps getting dropped. Highly doubt he or any other unproven fullback will be a target.

Reckon Hoy will be gone.
Armstrong top 30???
maybe development

Woosh

Head Moderator
Not sure we will get Pryce for 2023 or if he will be good enough, Hodgson hasn’t shown anything but injury and Hoy isn’t making an impression even with his increased opportunity and no one is standing out in re

Yeah Hodgson actually needs to show something on the field.
From the games I saw him play in Cup he didn’t stand out either.
Sloan has a high ceiling, he is looking for an opportunity and wouldn’t be asking much.

PhilGould

Bench
Armstrong top 30???
maybe development
Interview with Armstrong from last year when he signed.

“Next year will probably be just 21’s. They’ll put time into me and will want to put more weight on me,” he said.

“The last two years is an NRL gig so hopefully I can look to push in towards the back end of the contract.”

Whether that 'NRL gig' is top squad or development, he'll factor into their plans.

perverse

Referee
Not sure we will get Pryce for 2023 or if he will be good enough, Hodgson hasn’t shown anything but injury and Hoy isn’t making an impression even with his increased opportunity and no one is standing out in reserves
I wasn't really talking from a "good enough" perspective, purely from a "we have 30 spots on the roster, how many can we afford to sink into fullbacks?"

if the price is right he'd be a 100% better option in the squad than Hoy or Crossland - no doubt improving our depth.
Considering both of those guys are on minimum, there's no way Sloan would move clubs for anything less than a big bump above that. He is still a long way from a good first grader too

I don't see us getting value out of him

Jono078

Referee
He is easily what we need in an edge forward. However we are probably looking for someone who applies themselves significantly more.

I would definitely make an offer though. Couldn't tell you what figure but around 800k would be my max.

macavity

Referee
Sloan is not very good. Yeah he can score a try but he can be responsible for multiple the other way too.

I think Heatherington could be good for us, particularly if he has worked on body/skills required to play on the edge.

Jock Madden anyone?

Knight Tales

Juniors
I only asked cos it seems like the Titans are
Looking to offload him early for the right deal. He seems quite unhappy there but can turn a game in minutes when he wants to. I know we aren’t going to entertain his price tag at present. However he’s still only 22. He has certainly destroyed any chance of big contracts in the future though. He’ll be lucky to get half of what he is on.

Latest posts