What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ~ Rnd 12 vs Raiders ~ The Clinton Schifcofske Cup

forward pass

Coach
Simmonson deserves his chance but he isn't exactly blowing the comp apart. Opacic is neck and neck to keep his spot.
That is more due to our style of play rather than lack of form by Simmonson. I have yet to see the guy in open space as we just dont create overlaps. Same goes for both our centres. Never ever in space.

Our halves are going good but this the one area where they really haven’t developed at all. Our centres never get good ball - it’s alway thrown to them in hope to try their best rather than with space created. Penisini and Opa are getting smashed out there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That is more due to our style of play rather than lack of form by Simmonson. I have yet to see the guy in open space as we just dont create overlaps. Same goes for both our centres. Never ever in space.

Our halves are going good but this the one area where they really haven’t developed at all. Our centres never get good ball - it’s alway thrown to them in hope to try their best rather than with space created. Penisini and Opa are getting smashed out there.
We can score points whenever we want.

IFR33K

Coach
Not exactly that but this was the sentiment by some in January:

Amazing we lose very good players and it doesn’t matter with whom we replace them with, the sentiment by a few is that the new players will simply be just as good if not better than the departing players.

yy_cheng

Coach

The thing is, it is our halves who makes the breaks and is using their speed.

But rarely i see a winher backing up. Mainly guth.

But i agree, we don't know how to setup our winners

Noise

Coach
Right so that's ...

Charbel Tasipale, Lalota Mata'afa, Keegan Hipgrave, Sam Hughes
No, that was in response to a post talking about Kaufusi, Niukore and Papali'i leaving, not the nuffies you just brought up.

IFR33K

Coach
No, that was in response to a post talking about Kaufusi, Niukore and Papali'i leaving, not the nuffies you just brought up.

Honestly. Apart from hipgrave, does the average eels fan know who the others are?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not exactly that but this was the sentiment by some in January:
And still think Ogden is potentially as good as any leaving in the middle for us next year.

and the others also have potential too (Rodwell Greig)…..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Amazing we lose very good players and it doesn’t matter with whom we replace them with, the sentiment by a few is that the new players will simply be just as good if not better than the departing players.
It’s also amazing how some automatically think everything is going to be worse without knowing who the replacements are, haven’t seen us play in 2023 yet and it’s still 9 or so months before 2023 season starts…..

interestingly a lot thinking this, also thought we were no chance of making the finals coming off our spoon season…..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Our left side wingers have scored ten tries this year. Simonsson has scored one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Most merkins thought Papali’i would be a shit signing. They hadn’t even heard of Mahoney or Niukore when we signed them. We will be okay.

hindy111

Post Whore
You don’t know how much he’s on. We already have two big money middles. I doubt we would’ve made Nrown number three.

He was signed before RCH AND JNR re signed mate. He was coming off 2020 origin. He was asking for huge coin and we didn't cave. And like you said the short 2yr contracts are usually costing more. He would be on 550-600k for sure. Lets not debate that part.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't really feel that strongly about it. I'll bet you a $1 mad multi. I remember when he signed he wanted more and we refused. He tested the market and then re-signed so I doubt he's on big money. And he might be getting niggles but I don't think he's got anything chronic. And given we don't move players on much at all I reckon he'll stay.

He come off origin. He was probably hoping for 3-4yrs at 600k

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing is, it is our halves who makes the breaks and is using their speed.

But rarely i see a winher backing up. Mainly guth.

But i agree, we don't know how to setup our winners

Perham scored 2 tries and could of had 3 on the weekend.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s also amazing how some automatically think everything is going to be worse without knowing who the replacements are, haven’t seen us play in 2023 yet and it’s still 9 or so months before 2023 season starts…..

interestingly a lot thinking this, also thought we were no chance of making the finals coming off our spoon season…..

Maybe as good as Makatoa. As good as other leaving like Papali'i or Marata? That's a long stretch.

Latest posts