What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Cowboys.

Dodgy

Juniors
They had a good win on the weekend, and we'll play them in the GF. So we'll have to take 'em down a peg this weekend.

The_Frog

First Grade
They had a good win on the weekend, and we'll play them in the GF. So we'll have to take 'em down a peg this weekend.
Round 14, 1984 comes to mind. Great young Panthers side on the back of 6 straight wins, Greg Alexander fresh out of school ripping sides to shreds, in the top 4, travelled to Kogarah to play the 3rd placed Dragons, a team accustomed to success. It was a reality check. We didn't even make the finals, which were top 5 of 14 then.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
Not really. Luai has more tries, 1 less try assists. More line breaks

Luai has gone under the radar this year
Luai has had a fantastic last few weeks, also started the year well but did have Avery quiet period there.
It's also pretty easy to play 6 in this side with the meters we make and Nathan controlling it all

Iamback

Coach
Luai has had a fantastic last few weeks, also started the year well but did have Avery quiet period there.
It's also pretty easy to play 6 in this side with the meters we make and Nathan controlling it all

both of which you will have for NSW

John Hamblin

Juniors
We should beat the Cows but .their odds to beat us are ridiculous $4.60 . There is no way I would punt on ANY team to beat us but if I wasn't a Panthers supporter I would think about backing the Cows.

Iamback

Coach
We should beat the Cows but .their odds to beat us are ridiculous $4.60 . There is no way I would punt on ANY team to beat us but if I wasn't a Panthers supporter I would think about backing the Cows.

They have a terrible record in Sydney. That is why they are that long odds

Kilkenny

Coach
They have a terrible record in Sydney. That is why they are that long odds
Past history, is ancient history.

They will be formidable opponents based on exposed form, although they have two huge outs which of course hurts there chances.

While we are rightfully favourites a price of $3-60 or more at the line appears somewhat generous.

maple_69

Bench
Love resting the Cup guys that are likely to come up next week. Plugging Rennings and Staines into the backline, Eisenhuth and Smith into the pack and Falls/SOS into the halves gives us guys that have been playing those exact roles at a good level all year in Cup, all (except Falls) is fairly experienced in first grade and would probably be there in many squads. Plus the usual first grade guys play exactly the same role as usual, ideally they just lift 10%. Ivan looks to have learned his lesson. Makes me more confident well boss this Orgin period and just keep charging. Fingers crossed our outstanding run with injuries holds.