What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R12 Fri - Penrith 22-0 North Qld @ BlueBet

Round 12: Penrith v North Qld

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
That 1st half hour assault from the Panthers was really something to behold. The way they controlled possession and field position was crazy good. The Cows done so well to keep the Panthers to only 2 tries during that period, then the 1st time they got the ball in felt like about 20 minutes they kick early and the ball goes dead. At half time that could have easily been 30-0.
I was hoping the Cowboys would at least come away with a try. I felt like they deserved something just for the amount of defence they had to do in the 1st half. Their tried their hearts out but nothing came off for them.

You have a team that is in a rare vein of form Panthers fans, tap it and enjoy every sweet drop.

Also, I thought both Indigenous jerseys looked great too.

The_Frog

First Grade
Of all the refs in this game, Klein is the most adept at pissing off fans of both clubs. I'd have thought the Cows fans would be OK with him but reading the Stampede it aint so.

The_Frog

First Grade
That 1st half hour assault from the Panthers was really something to behold. The way they controlled possession and field position was crazy good. The Cows done so well to keep the Panthers to only 2 tries during that period, then the 1st time they got the ball in felt like about 20 minutes they kick early and the ball goes dead. At half time that could have easily been 30-0.
I was hoping the Cowboys would at least come away with a try. I felt like they deserved something just for the amount of defence they had to do in the 1st half. Their tried their hearts out but nothing came off for them.

You have a team that is in a rare vein of form Panthers fans, tap it and enjoy every sweet drop.

Also, I thought both Indigenous jerseys looked great too.
Lost our way after about 25 minutes I thought. Second half quite scrappy but maybe that was the ref allowing holding down and belting the kickers. Cows should really have scored early on when Holmes made a clean break. I always thought he was quick.

Canard

Immortal
Of all the refs in this game, Klein is the most adept at pissing off fans of both clubs. I'd have thought the Cows fans would be OK with him but reading the Stampede it aint so.
I think he allowed the Panthers a lot of leeway in the air when chasing kicks, Tayo in particular doesn't even seem to be attempting to catch the ball often.

Both Luai and Kikau hit players high and late, and recieved no penalty, let alone binning.

But the most marked difference was in linespeed in defence. When a clearly outplayed Cowboys side tried to match it, they got blitzed with 6 again.

The Panthers are easily the team in the comp, and comprehensively out played is, but they get a lot of leeway from the officials, as have all the recent premiership teams.

The whinge from Ivan after the match seemed deviod and perspective and petty. And no doubt designed to take the spotlight of his players obvious foul play.

forby

Juniors
Penalties 8-5 to the Cowboys, restarts 5-2 to Penrith. Seems pretty even. Depends on where the offence takes place whether it is a penalty or a restart.

Latest posts