What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey

Stake Removed

First Grade
I have to say that Bronx jersey last night was horrible too busy with colors.
Watching some soccer it's always a pleasure to see teams with red and white vertical stripes or blue and white the traditional style

DJDL

Bench
I'm no doubt speaking with a fair amount of cognitive bias, but I think ours is the best. Some are horrendous and, as you said Stakey, way too busy. Others are little more than their ordinary jersey with some token aboriginal artwork thrown in (I'm looking at you, Rooters...)

I also think our club really "gets it". They obviously put a lot of effort into the week with the design, workshops and acknowledgement of indigenous culture which goes on during the week. Throw in the stunning photo shoot they've done of our indigenous players and I can't help but be a proud Sharkies fan this week.

Kudos to all involved.

sharks-ind_0184.jpg

Stake Removed

First Grade
I'm no doubt speaking with a fair amount of cognitive bias, but I think ours is the best. Some are horrendous and, as you said Stakey, way too busy. Others are little more than their ordinary jersey with some token aboriginal artwork thrown in (I'm looking at you, Rooters...)

I also think our club really "gets it". They obviously put a lot of effort into the week with the design, workshops and acknowledgement of indigenous culture which goes on during the week. Throw in the stunning photo shoot they've done of our indigenous players and I can't help but be a proud Sharkies fan this week.

Kudos to all involved.

sharks-ind_0184.jpg
Well said

Stake Removed

First Grade
When is the week when clubs wear there original jersey, that is round I would look forward too, seeing all clubs in jerseys they wore when entered the comp.
I think kids supporting would appreciate that most of all, and with the original emblem as well.
I remember it wasn't long ago when Canterbury were the berries

fizzgig

Juniors
Anyone had the silcone badges start to come off the new jerseys?

Had one for about 4 months, worn it 10 times at most, gentle wash and dried hanging up inside the house and just noticed the NRL badge is about a third of the way lifted from the fabric.

Will be writing to the NRL Shop regarding a "defect" but wanted to see if anyone else has already seen this?

Cheers, back to the game!

bluefox68

Staff member
We should have worn the black jersey today.

Two blue and white jerseys don’t work…

toomuchsoup

Juniors
We should have worn the black jersey today.

Two blue and white jerseys don’t work…
When we’re the away team against the Titans we wear the black, but as the home team it’s up to the way team to provide TV TV a contrasting kit. I think the Titans had enough white against the black number patch and shoulders

Frailty

First Grade
Anyone had the silcone badges start to come off the new jerseys?

Had one for about 4 months, worn it 10 times at most, gentle wash and dried hanging up inside the house and just noticed the NRL badge is about a third of the way lifted from the fabric.

Will be writing to the NRL Shop regarding a "defect" but wanted to see if anyone else has already seen this?

Cheers, back to the game!

I'd be interested to hear this. Mine is fine, though I haven't worn it a whole lot.

Also interesting that the indigenous, heritage and ANZAC jersey all went back to embroidered logos. So clearly there is a quality or cost issue.

fizzgig

Juniors
I'd be interested to hear this. Mine is fine, though I haven't worn it a whole lot.

Also interesting that the indigenous, heritage and ANZAC jersey all went back to embroidered logos. So clearly there is a quality or cost issue.
I bought it though the NRL Shop. Lodged a ticket on Saturday, they were back to me first thing this morning and asked for photos. Sent them photos after lunch and they sent me a postage paid slip to mail it back to them for "repair".

She did say "it is very unusual this happens as we have done (stet) these jerseys for a long time" lol.

Hopefully my jersey is just the rare one but interesting they've changed back to embroidered.

Frenzy.

Immortal
When is the week when clubs wear there original jersey, that is round I would look forward too, seeing all clubs in jerseys they wore when entered the comp.
I think kids supporting would appreciate that most of all, and with the original emblem as well.
I remember it wasn't long ago when Canterbury were the berries

Was 44 years ago.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I have one. Ad had it for years
Well there ya go aye. I thought they might have been a limited release similar to the Pepsi retro that they re-did a couple of years ago that I missed out on. I’d seen the odd one at games and wondered where they got them from. I’d never seen them anywhere online either. Just ordered one for the collection!

Quigs

Immortal
I got mine many years ago. Love it. Over time I have had many good old Sharks supporters approach me and ask about the jersey.

And me heathen friends Ive got an original 67 hung up on the wall. Faded to the shit house and nearly disintegrated mind you, but it is there. Had Sir Thomas autograph it along with 'me'73'er

Special K

Coach
I wish they would rerelease the Pepsi. Why the f**k did it only come back for a year or so? I got blood on mine and it’s wrecked

Frenzy.

Immortal
View attachment 65891Just thought I’d let you guys know that there’s a 1967 retro that’s available. Some of you might have already known this, but I didn’t know they made one. I noticed it in the picture on the Instagram post about the sharks store being open for extended hours.

Online link for anyone that can’t get there

Still the best jersey ever.

Should use it all the time.

Teams with chevrons (V for Victory) win more.

Oh OK I made that up but it seems the winning formula to have V