What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Farnworth sees himself as a fullback.
I don’t think he’s a fullback, he doesn’t like to pass the ball.
Was Newcastle looking to sign him to play fullback?
good question, I'd have thought boosting our spine is at the top if the list at the moment - or 2023 is going to be a long year.

aqua_duck

Coach
I would NOT have had the players we have.

Managing the roster would be similar to most plans, which would include contingency ( particularly the critical spine ) , a 3, a 5 and a 10 yr plan/forecast,

Sure unforeseen circumstances play a role to a degree but that's what contingency plans are for - The talk of hindsight is nonsensical.
our top 30 recruitment was an unmitigated disaster in the off season, we had a heap of guys coming off contract and instead of being aggressive in the player market we signed Gagai and Clune (who was meant to be a back up). I really want to know what the plan was outside of hoping Luki and Brooks would be released. It is a massive failure when you literally have to fill your top 30 with off contract players who literally had no interest elsewhere like Fitz, Mann, Hoy, Musgrove, Johns, Crossland, Lee, etc

Sir Galahad

Juniors
It is a massive failure when you literally have to fill your top 30 with off contract players who literally had no interest elsewhere like Fitz, Mann, Hoy, Musgrove, Johns, Crossland, Lee, etc
Fitz was gifted a player option as a sweetner to secure his sought after services. :rolleyes:

All those players would be very lucky to get a contact anwhere.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Are you telling me he has an option in his favour right now? What. the. heck...
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ikau-brandon-smith/1cq1ub503cbam1wr2ytm64ph9w

"Tyson Frizell has a player option in his favour, which he will likely take up for 2023. Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Jack Johns also have similar deals."

https://upjobsnews.com/every-off-co...crichton-roosters-rumours-more-trending-news/
"As for subsequent season, Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Tyson Frizell have the choice of their favour"

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/b76fb67ebffad570cbacfd99d1ab27a1

Lachlan Fitzgibbon has taken up his option to remain next year.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Never heard of those site, but yeah wow.. If true that makes me sick. Who in their right minds gives a player an option in their favor, when no one else even wants them?

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Never heard of those site, but yeah wow.. If true that makes me sick. Who in their right minds gives a player an option in their favor, when no one else even wants them?
I dont look at those sites also, only found them when searching.

I would have only got that info from Toohey, Fox Sports or NRL.com most others are hidden behind paywall.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Here ya go

KNIGHTS

Off-contract 2022:
Phoenix Crossland, Lachlan Fitzgibbon (PO 2023), Tyson Frizell (PO 2023), Jack Johns (PO 2022), Edrick Lee, Anthony Milford, Jirah Momoisea, Brayden Musgrove, Simi Sasagi, Pasami Saulo, Sauaso Sue

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/0fb7f7e3636d6e0aaf1da021075d96ab

Jack Johns ffs , that'll do me

PhilGould

Bench
The Newcastle Knights and the Canterbury Bulldogs are in a four-way battle to sign Parramatta Eels utility forward Ryan Matterson.

Matterson was in Brisbane last week to have lunch with Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett, who is desperately keen to sign him long-term.

The Eels can ill afford to lose him, having already lost Isaiah Papali’i to the Wests Tigers and Marata Niukore to the New Zealand Warriors.

Delboy

First Grade
Bulldogs haven’t been able to register KikAu and Mahoney as they would put them over the cap, still waiting to rid themselves of players actually under contract for 2023. Maybe Gus is playing with Rooster rules.

PhilGould

Bench
Wouldn't surprise me if it's a sign Frizell is looking elsewhere. Toohey said a few months ago that he expected Frizell to take up his option but still nothing has come of it.

Yosh

Coach
Starting to think we got VERY lucky with Milford. If we had gotten Brooks or whoever (basically if we were a competent club) Milf would probably not come here. Luck isn't going to last forever. Get the man signed up. Our spine looks a world better with Milf in there.

1. Ponga
6. Milf
7. Clifford
9. Brailey
13. Croker
14. Mann

Latest posts