What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe

Who will win? Round 12: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macavity

Referee
Absolutely a hell of an effort, but it's piss poor management by AOB IMO. Klem can go, but he also may have been more effective with a better timed break. Croker only player like 18 minutes. He's capable of more too.

Wouldn't be surprised if Klem asked to play big minutes to lead from the front.

Jono078

Referee
How did we only have a 71% completion rate and only 2 offloads in the game? To me that signifies just how clunky we are in general play.

AOB's got some work to do during our BYE to get this team back to round 1-2 levels.

Shame Ponga won't be a part of that, but it'll be good for the rest of the team to gel during that time.

orochimaru

Juniors
How did it all go, I didn't get to watch the game, how's Milford going? is he performing? do you guys think he can return to an origin player?

aqua_duck

Coach
How did we only have a 71% completion rate and only 2 offloads in the game? To me that signifies just how clunky we are in general play.

AOB's got some work to do during our BYE to get this team back to round 1-2 levels.

Shame Ponga won't be a part of that, but it'll be good for the rest of the team to gel during that time.
the fundamental ball skills are extremely low, half the team literal cannot pass a football properly. Unfortunately the team make up seems to be filled with guys who try hard as opposed to good athletes or good footballers

Knight Tales

Juniors
It is hard to believe but we are actually one win out of the 8 For and Against not withstanding. And if Tigers go on with the job against South we are actually a couple of wins from being right back in it.

Jono078

Referee
It is hard to believe but we are actually one win out of the 8 For and Against not withstanding. And if Tigers go on with the job against South we are actually a couple of wins from being right back in it.
Yep I mentioned this in my road to the finals thread. As bad we've been we are only 2 wins from 8th spot. You have a few good weeks which our draw should certainly allow for, we're right back in it. Who knows what we can do with the confidence we had in round 1 and 2.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yep I mentioned this in my road to the finals thread. As bad we've been we are only 2 wins from 8th spot. You have a few good weeks which our draw should certainly allow for, we're right back in it. Who knows what we can do with the confidence we had in round 1 and 2.

After speaking with the players at the QLD members event they certainly don’t think the season is done and dusted. The players know they need to keep winning but they definitely still have that belief we can make the 8, especially Tyson, Gags and KP.

perverse

Referee
the fundamental ball skills are extremely low, half the team literal cannot pass a football properly. Unfortunately the team make up seems to be filled with guys who try hard as opposed to good athletes or good footballers
Yeah, when you watch Milf and KP move the ball between each other after bugger all training together, and then compare it to the blokes that have been training together all year... you just realise the gulf in basic skills between our actually talented players and... the rest.

Old dog

Juniors
I know it’s early days for Milf but he is showing enough to be considered for a spot in 2023 onwards,
Considering our lack of halves and the general lack of halvesI am inclined to throw what we have to extend his contract by years.
With Milf, Clifford and Clune we could at least get by as a top 8 side slotting any two with Ponga and Brailey as our spine 2023, we could do worse, not much on the market
Nothing in the halves seems as good or available

Knight76

Juniors
Considered? The milf is quite obviously the best half at the club after two games.

Just highlights the difference between a genuine rep player and the toilers who try hard but will never amount to anything.

Every club has toilers like that.

But, not in spine positions to get anywhere. And those toilers look a lot better behind a pack that is firing and halves that can create.

I have no answer for how our state of origin prop gets 1 run for 7 metres out of the first 20 minutes of a game and is supposed to be our pack leader. He was getting called out for it in the coverage and rightly so. Embarrassing for him and damaging to our game.

aqua_duck

Coach
Every club has toilers like that.

But, not in spine positions to get anywhere. And those toilers look a lot better behind a pack that is firing and halves that can create.

I have no answer for how our state of origin prop gets 1 run for 7 metres out of the first 20 minutes of a game and is supposed to be our pack leader. He was getting called out for it in the coverage and rightly so. Embarrassing for him and damaging to our game.
Most teams have like 3 or 4 toilers who don't tend to play big roles. We have like 7-8 toilers in our best 17.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
the big question is with so many below NRL level players in the squad why havent we got a huge amount left in the cap ?

have we ?

Or have we poorly managed the cap again ?