What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm one of them. I never watch Ch9 anymore. I wish Origin and the GF were on Foxtel.
havent watched nine for 16 years for regular games lol. It’s telling regular games on nine in perth get 6-12k, the only time we have to watch nine those games get 100k! Shame fox don’t share metro split ratings

Colk

First Grade
havent watched nine for 16 years for regular games lol. It’s telling regular games on nine in perth get 6-12k, the only time we have to watch nine those games get 100k! Shame fox don’t share metro split ratings

Don’t tell Pippen that. He is convinced that nobody watches it over there

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don’t tell Pippen that. He is convinced that nobody watches it over there
He’s convinced a perth club will only have 6k fans and no one in the country will want to watch their games so I wouldn’t be too concerned about the delusional reality he lives in lol

Colk

First Grade
He’s convinced a perth club will only have 6k fans and no one in the country will want to watch their games so I wouldn’t be too concerned about the delusional reality he lives in lol

It was interesting that the FTA ratings were higher than Perth last night. Either they don’t have much PayTV down there or they also might have more support than people think. I’d be interested to see Adelaide and Melbourne’s audience when they are forced to watch Nine

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member

I live in Melbourne and don’t bother with 9 unless I’m at work with free time. Simply put if you’re a rugby league fan in Melbourne you’ll most likely have Kayo or Fox. 9 Gem cuts the game the second the full time siren goes and goes to a 1970s movie.

Colk

First Grade
I live in Melbourne and don’t bother with 9 unless I’m at work with free time. Simply put if you’re a rugby league fan in Melbourne you’ll most likely have Kayo or Fox. 9 Gem cuts the game the second the full time siren goes and goes to a 1970s movie.

Dirty Harry?

Pippen94

First Grade
See I worry about your ability to analyse data. The audience outside of Qld including the Sydney figures were really ordinary. This would go against the idea of two teams from the same market playing each other.

The five metro market audience was nearly 200k less than the AFL and people on here seem to think putting more teams in the same market makes sense.

Nice try. Simply, Sydney ppl want to watch Sydney teams & qlders want to watch qld teams.

Pippen94

First Grade
Those are shocking metro fta ratings. No wonder nine refused to pay anymore money for the next 5 years!

Depends if rest of TV is declining faster than NRL which it probably is. No Sydney team hurt Sydney ratings.. & you want to cull Sydney teams huh?!

We had no choice but to watch three games per round on Ch9 before they were simulcast on Foxtel. The only option before simulcasting was to watch them on delay on Fox Sports.

Latest posts