What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R13 Fri - Penrith 30-18 Canterbury @ BlueBet

Round 13: Penrith v Canterbury

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 13
Penrith Panthers v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith, Penrith (TICKETS)
Friday 3 June 2022

U21 Jersey Flegg 4pm -- NSW Cup 5:40pm -- NRL kickoff 7:55pm

PEN2022TEAM.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Taylan May 3. Izack Tago 4. Robert Jennings 5. Charlie Staines 6. Kurt Falls 7. Sean O'Sullivan 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Chris Smith 13. Matt Eisenhuth 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Jaeman Salmon 18. Soni Luke 19. J'maine Hopgood 20. Lindsay Smith 21. Sunia Turuva 22. Preston Riki

CBY2022TEAM.png

1. Matt Dufty 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Aaron Schoupp 4. Jake Averillo 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Luke Thompson 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Max King 14. Zach Dockar-Clay 15. Corey Waddell 16. Chris Patolo 17. Ava Seumanufagai 19. Jackson Topine 20. Bailey Biondi-Odo 21. Joe Stimson 22. Corey Allan 25. Kurtis Morrin

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd Smith
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Penrith v St Geo Illa at Bluebet, Friday - Flegg 4pm / Cup 5:40pm
Newcastle v Canterbury at St John Oval, Saturday - Flegg 12:45pm / Cup 2:15pm​

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
The 4 games combined this weekend have 12 posts total whereas Origin has 59 What a horrid round. Not a half decent game amongst them. A reserve grade side against the wooden spooners here, at least it's a good reserve grade side. If Api plays we win.

This Year?

Immortal
I hope Canterbury win just for the integrity of the sport. No side should be able to win against a 1st grade side with the number of outs that PENRITH have.

The_Frog

First Grade
I hope Canterbury win just for the integrity of the sport. No side should be able to win against a 1st grade side with the number of outs that PENRITH have.
If the sport had any integrity we wouldn't have to play any side with half our team out uninjured.

Valheru

Coach
If the sport had any integrity we wouldn't have to play any side with half our team out uninjured.
You're hardly the first mate.

As it stands, you have the "luck" of drawing one of the very few teams that a halves combo of Falls and O'Sullivan have a chance of beating so I wouldn't be whinging too much.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tigers smashed a much stronger Panthers side 12 months ago in similar conditions. Yet Bulldogs are bad enough that I like our chances here. The bookies odds are ridiculous though. Not sure why anyone would risk money on Panthers at those odds.

GongPanther

Referee

As it stands, you have the "luck" of drawing one of the very few teams that a halves combo of Falls and O'Sullivan have a chance of beating so I wouldn't be whinging too much.
We have a very formidable pack which those halves will be playing behind with the inclusion of Api.

The_Frog

First Grade
So who was the last team before us last year to have 7 players stood down from a game due to Origin? You must know the answer or you wouldn't have posted the above. My guess would be Broncos circa early 90s.

Grateful for small mercies, this year its only 6.

This Year?

Immortal
I know the feels. In 2011 Saints had 8 players out for SOO. It went from bookies paying out early for the premiership to things falling apart pretty quickly.

I don't think it's right that so many players from 1 club can be picked for mid season rep games, but on the flipside it's a huge honor for the players and a pat on the back for the coaching staff. I'm sure the Panthers will have a contingency plan ready to keep the rep players fresh for the finals.

Imagine you were a Bulldogs fan with zero rep players and facing the possibility that your 1st grade team has a very real chance of being beaten by pretty much a NSW cup team.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Tigers smashed a much stronger Panthers side 12 months ago in similar conditions. Yet Bulldogs are bad enough that I like our chances here. The bookies odds are ridiculous though. Not sure why anyone would risk money on Panthers at those odds.
I don’t think it was a much stronger team though? It didn’t have Api did it? Also it had halves with no chemistry. May especially blunted the attack. Falls and O’Sullivan have been playing together in the halves, which is why I prefer them to the Burton-May duo.

Valheru

Coach
So who was the last team before us last year to have 7 players stood down from a game due to Origin? You must know the answer or you wouldn't have posted the above. My guess would be Broncos circa early 90s.

Grateful for small mercies, this year its only 6.
Are you serious? Both storm and roosters have missed a tonne of players year in, year out for a while now. Whether either ever got to 7 at once I don't know and can;t be bothered looking it up but I can recall multiple times the roosters were missing 5 off the top of my head.

As it stands, in the one game you guys are forced to play without origin players (it used to be 2 games a few years ago), you have drawn a home game against the wooden spooners.

The_Frog

First Grade
Are you serious? Both storm and roosters have missed a tonne of players year in, year out for a while now. Whether either ever got to 7 at once I don't know and can;t be bothered looking it up but I can recall multiple times the roosters were missing 5 off the top of my head.

As it stands, in the one game you guys are forced to play without origin players (it used to be 2 games a few years ago), you have drawn a home game against the wooden spooners.
None have had 7 out of a match due to Origin in the last decade. Dragons had 8 in Origin 1 in 2011 but had the bye. You are guessing, as I thought.