What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
He will come back and reports on Sporting News has him returning in round 14. They also say that Su'a is due back in round 12 same as Max Feagai. Don't know how accurate the reports are though and this is where the club is lacking in their advice to fans - no more interviews like we had with Nathan Pickworth.

So I hope that if the current team continues on their winning way, the team will stay as such and Macca goes to KOE Cup. But you never know with Hook. His love of Macca knows no bounds.
Max played yesterday in KOE cup and i think he may have played the week before as well

BLM01

First Grade
He will come back and reports on Sporting News has him returning in round 14. They also say that Su'a is due back in round 12 same as Max Feagai. Don't know how accurate the reports are though and this is where the club is lacking in their advice to fans - no more interviews like we had with Nathan Pickworth.

So I hope that if the current team continues on their winning way, the team will stay as such and Macca goes to KOE Cup. But you never know with Hook. His love of Macca knows no bounds.
Pickworth did do interviews I agree but he gave away little about behind the scenes info about who will come back and when outside what was already reported in the media towing the corporate line understandably

Budpower

Juniors
Just watched the game here in WA, WOW Cody IS our fullback! But Sloaney is a GUN also and must be in the team! Codes was FB in that jnrs team that won the gf and Sloaney was the winger....sorry Rava, Too inconsistent now I really think as soon as Sloaney gets his confidence back and strings a few crackers together in KOE he should be the other winger with Matty F on the other wing for good, that's speed all over the park then, Ravas good at short range tries but teams are onto him now and counter that move, Sloaney is a player with speed to burn so with TWO natural players with speed and steps like that we need Sloaney over Rava now....

justadragon

Bench
Just watched the game here in WA, WOW Cody IS our fullback! But Sloaney is a GUN also and must be in the team! Codes was FB in that jnrs team that won the gf and Sloaney was the winger....sorry Rava, Too inconsistent now I really think as soon as Sloaney gets his confidence back and strings a few crackers together in KOE he should be the other winger with Matty F on the other wing for good, that's speed all over the park then, Ravas good at short range tries but teams are onto him now and counter that move, Sloaney is a player with speed to burn so with TWO natural players with speed and steps like that we need Sloaney over Rava now....
im not sure that sloan can bring the ball back out of our defensive zone like rav does but i agree that we must find a spot for him in the 17

Budpower

Juniors
Haha Ramsey wasn't in that team it was Treigh Stewart. Ramsey didn't even play for Steelers
Don't know what's so funny, if I'm wrong just educate me, im a huge fan but am in WA and aren't an expert on junior comps but my point is, Sloaney was winger in whatever team that was and was a super winger so leave Codes at fb and put Sloaney on the wing

redv13

Bench
So you want a back 3 of Ramsey, Feagai and Sloan?? Love the 3 kids but you seriously cannot replace the size and power of Rava with a string bean that has pace.

Dragon David

First Grade
You could be right here Bud with your assessment of Rava and having Sloan take his spot. I'm not seeing Rava do too much other than a couple of hard runs trying to break through the defensive line coming out of our red zone. He doesn't seem to be able to make a break and unless Lomax gives him a flick pass or room to move, he cannot adjust as he is a straight runner and doesn't have a swerve or an in and out repertoire in him.

Sloaney gets his confidence back and strings a few crackers together in KOE he should be the other winger
Fox needs to be in our 13 for mine Bud. Now Ramsay looks like pinching his spot I'd prefer to see him in the halves as this bloke is not only pacey, good on his feet, he also has ball skills and vision and loves being around the ball. I rate him over the other 3 amigos for sheer all round ability.

Illusion

Bench
Fox needs to be in our 13 for mine Bud. Now Ramsay looks like pinching his spot I'd prefer to see him in the halves as this bloke is not only pacey, good on his feet, he also has ball skills and vision and loves being around the ball. I rate him over the other 3 amigos for sheer all round ability.
I rate Sully , in my opinion the best of the young guys , and the kid is tough as they come ......

At the moment Ramsay is beating players by rounding them with sheer speed which means he is running cross field and is a bigger target than if he steps a player to split the defense. Just my observation.

thebigredv

First Grade
He’s playing really good since winning back the fb spot. Defence is good. Been really good under the high ball. Looks dangerous in attack.

But. I reckon he’s one bad performance away from being dropped for Sloan again. Good position for us to be in.

It's not a bad position to have competition for spots, and I agree, no one player has carved their name into the fullback spot.

The onus is really on Ramsey and/or Sloan to show the rugby league world what they have got and make it consistent in first grade. Right now is the time - light it up. We don't want another Dufty situation where it never ever quite becomes a 'picks himself' scenario.

Such a crucial position. We need the best there.