What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Been told by a source at the bulldogs (works close with Gould) that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone hate Hook and that Hook is looking after his mates (which is clear with Macca that is for sure). The 3 young guns want out and Bennet and Gould are sniffing. Both mates with the Player Managers looking after the 3 hence where they are getting the sniff. Saints may lose the future spine due to Hook. Pretty scary.

Sad thing is club is dumb and will probably let them go and let Hook get his way only to see the 3 young guns rip us apart and the Saints sticking with old washed out players until it is too late as Hook will probably get a year or 2 to wreak more havoc and bring in more old pensioners. Saints have a future Penrith setup of great youth coming through which will be ripped apart.

Saints need to act quick and get Flanno in there or some other coach with an idea and not one that looks after his mates. The coach and board now have something in common. Sad.
So Slippery, under your scenario, what happens if the three youngsters dislike/hate the next coach? I know that youngsters no longer automatically respect their elders but being the determiners of the club's coach at age 19-20 is a bit much. The big danger at their age is thinking they know everything when in fact they are lacking in experience in all aspects of life.

BLM01

First Grade
Been told by a source at the bulldogs (works close with Gould) that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone hate Hook and that Hook is looking after his mates (which is clear with Macca that is for sure). The 3 young guns want out and Bennet and Gould are sniffing. Both mates with the Player Managers looking after the 3 hence where they are getting the sniff. Saints may lose the future spine due to Hook. Pretty scary.

Sad thing is club is dumb and will probably let them go and let Hook get his way only to see the 3 young guns rip us apart and the Saints sticking with old washed out players until it is too late as Hook will probably get a year or 2 to wreak more havoc and bring in more old pensioners. Saints have a future Penrith setup of great youth coming through which will be ripped apart.

Saints need to act quick and get Flanno in there or some other coach with an idea and not one that looks after his mates. The coach and board now have something in common. Sad.
It is clear you dont like Hook and his supposed (not correct?) treatment of the young ones from a computer and want to see them in 1st grade
Even if you have a so called Bulldogs mate that is supposedly closely working with GUS (Mick Potter, Furner perhaps?) who fed you that stuff on line, you took it HOOK like and sinker
BTW..we are still far from our best but we have won 5 out of past 7, some clubs would be happy with that

I'm Hornby

Juniors
He could learn a thing or two from Sullivan or Codey with the way they handle a set back.
Ramsey in particular deserves a lot of credit for his patience. He played two full seasons on the wing and had to wait for both Dufty and Sloan to get multiple chances in his preferred position of fullback before he finally did. Glad to see how well he has gone his past two games, he is showing signs that he will be our fullback for as long as he continues to perform.

denis preston

First Grade
Ramsey in particular deserves a lot of credit for his patience. He played two full seasons on the wing and had to wait for both Dufty and Sloan to get multiple chances in his preferred position of fullback before he finally did. Glad to see how well he has gone his past two games, he is showing signs that he will be our fullback for as long as he continues to perform.
I think Chef has the added advantage of going back to winger if Sloan's form gets him promoted. Don't think Sloan has that versatility atm , its 1 or reggies. I guess Sloan could ultimately in the future when his body fully matures consider other backline options .

justadragon

Bench
I would also hope that if in certain games his performance is below par that he just wont be automatically punted, showing confidence in your juniors and allowing them to learn and mature as they go is paramount at this stage.

Dragons4me

Juniors

Oh good grief!!! What are they sniffing by the way??

dannyt

Coach
It is clear you dont like Hook and his supposed (not correct?) treatment of the young ones from a computer and want to see them in 1st grade
Even if you have a so called Bulldogs mate that is supposedly closely working with GUS (Mick Potter, Furner perhaps?) who fed you that stuff on line, you took it HOOK like and sinker
BTW..we are still far from our best but we have won 5 out of past 7, some clubs would be happy with that
Actually, I'd have been much happier with a win against the titans and 6 from the past 7.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree but he still caught out our lumbering forwards a few times on Sunday ! What is it with our defence !!!
I think they go about counting how many tackles they have already done and say to themselves, I've done my share so the next ones his. Beats me Denis! I guess like most of the bottom 8 teams, defence and the lack of it is a big issue. All players in the comp would have been doing defence drills all of their football life. I just wonder what our coaches are not doing.

Surely they can look at videos of games played by Penrith and Storm for example to see how they get their players to defend. Put into practise the things that they learn and with the proper techniques and just follow the "leaders". To me it shouldn't be so hard, but then again there is tackling and there is other tackling - being many missed and all players have one or two or several in games. It's the ones that are missed that causes consternation.

Latest posts