What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I watched the game again in comfort last night & saw plenty of good signs. We are clearly in about second gear but are getting better rather than worse. So me personally I feel ok. And certainly am not death riding the coach.
The big test for us this year will be whether we can get out of second gear and beat some of the top 8 sides in the second half of the season.

I checked the ladder and draw and we are playing more top 8 sides in the next 13 rounds then the bunnies (8th), Sharks (7th) and Roosters (6th). So our finals hopes will rest totally on whether we can go up a gear or two and beat these sides in the next 13 weeks to play finals.

This season so far is shaping up like last season pre bbq gate where we were there or thereabouts, we cracked the top 8 in round 17 before they decided it was BBQ time from memory. We all know what happened from there and were robbed of seeing what we had to offer at the back end so it's a big wait and see for now and a reason to be a bit interested at this point of the year.

If we make finals from here then big kudos to the team and coaching staff.

BLM01

First Grade
I watched the game again in comfort last night & saw plenty of good signs. We are clearly in about second gear but are getting better rather than worse. So me personally I feel ok. And certainly am not death riding the coach.
Some good signs..some
Attack was clunky and bit slow when shifted out to backline and easily read
Dogs burned us a few times on the edges. Our defence needs to improve there again

dannyt

Coach
Some good signs..some
Attack was clunky and bit slow when shifted out to backline and easily read
Dogs burned us a few times on the edges. Our defence needs to improve there again
Our defence should be our #1 priority. Too many easy metres up the middle, and too many missed tackles. Not sure if Ken Gentle is the answer. Perhaps we need his distant relative "Ken Angry Bastard".

denis preston

First Grade
Well I'm not a huge fan of Hooks but am prepared to at least give him the rest of the year to prove himself. At least it has not ( and I hope never will ) go to the stage where many on here were hoping for a defeat as another nail in McMuppet's coffin so a means to an end. A elite signing or two wouldn't go astray as well.

BLM01

First Grade
Su’a and Maguire will fix that up. Both back very soon
Yeh but in attack we need more 2nd phase and offloads in the ruck with players pushing up
FDogs killed us in the 1st half with that
Our backline shifts are too slow and shallow especially left to right

redv13

Bench
Yeh but in attack we need more 2nd phase and offloads in the ruck with players pushing up
FDogs killed us in the 1st half with that
Our backline shifts are too slow and shallow especially left to right
Yeah agree, my reply was aimed at the defensive side of things. Have definitely missed Su’a in attack. Can’t wait to have him back

BLM01

First Grade
I don't like how flat our attach is. The better sides stand much deeper so their decoys make the defence make decisions.
I agree except other teams have more people moving around the ball in support than we do rather than using them as decoys. The old block play / decoy is getting phased out compared to before

slippery5

Juniors
Well I'm not a huge fan of Hooks but am prepared to at least give him the rest of the year to prove himself. At least it has not ( and I hope never will ) go to the stage where many on here were hoping for a defeat as another nail in McMuppet's coffin so a means to an end. A elite signing or two wouldn't go astray as well.
I'm sorry, but his continued use of McCullough stinks of Cory Norman part 2.

Bellamy dropped Croft from a winning finals campaign because he wanted to improve their attack.
So while we continue to celebrate someone who can only score from bad goal line marker defence from the team coming last, we will never create flair anywhere further than 5m out.

So I too, am not a fan of the Dinosaur & would be happy for him to go tomorrow. Just saying!!!!!

Overseadragon

Juniors
There seems to be a bit of noise around one .DEAN YOUNG . perhaps in a year or two dad gets his way and hook gets hooked and my boy gets the keys to the car .that's just my read on the future ............

BBTB

Juniors
I'm sorry, but his continued use of McCullough stinks of Cory Norman part 2.

Bellamy dropped Croft from a winning finals campaign because he wanted to improve their attack.
So while we continue to celebrate someone who can only score from bad goal line marker defence from the team coming last, we will never create flair anywhere further than 5m out.

So I too, am not a fan of the Dinosaur & would be happy for him to go tomorrow. Just saying!!!!!
Yes, McCullough has got that Norman stink to it. Hook needs to drop McCullough.
Bring in Mulheisen,thinking he is the man for the dummyhalf.

slippery5

Juniors
Yes, McCullough has got that Norman stink to it. Hook needs to drop McCullough.
Bring in Mulheisen,thinking he is the man for the dummyhalf.
Yes, but we need Sullivan to make his way into the team, so is that at 9 or Hunt at 9?

mickeylane

Bench
Anyone else feeling a bit flat about footy in general?
I think if someone told me before the season that by Origin we would be 6W 6L and 9th I’d be happy but I’m just feeling a bit meh.
I think it’s the way we play, we have 10 minute periods where we look great but then periods where we are just terrible.
I feel like we have no identity. What’s our strength? Defence? Attack? Resilience? Flair? Discipline? We are kinda nowhere in all aspects.
Anyway, feeling a bit mid season flat, maybe it’s the weather.
It’s simple .. where are the superstars in todays team like bygone eras who could change a game in a flash . We lack game breakers that pull in crowds and win games w one move ..players like .
O Connor
Gasnier
Choc
Blacklock
Morris
Lord Ted

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s simple .. where are the superstars in todays team like bygone eras who could change a game in a flash . We lack game breakers that pull in crowds and win games w one move ..players like .
O Connor
Gasnier
Choc
Blacklock
Morris
Lord Ted
Yes, I think that there is a lot missing in our game (as well as other teams missing a lot). My interest this year has been a bit meh like Crush. We do lack flair and excitement with the types of players we have ended up with overall. While we do have some exciting players in certain positions, at this stage, they aren't like those Mickey has mentioned. One day hopefully they will be.

Same as with some other teams, like they are just going through the motions stuff and is becoming a bit mundane. Just waiting for the inevitable result this year and getting it out of the way. If we can jag a final spot, that will get my adrenaline pumping for sure.

Nathan Blacklock to me was a more excitement machine than even the likes of Tommy T is.

Our attention though needs to be in our next game coming up. Win this and who knows the "meh" might turn into an "awesome".

Latest posts