What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

JJ

Immortal
Holbrook must be looking over his shoulder. Titans in the same area on the ladder as Dogs, Warriors and Tigers.
Guess they made the semis last year - probably have the strongest squad of those teams, so more disappointing...

JJ

Immortal
The thing that Woolf has going in his favour is his ability to install culture. He managed to do that with Tonga and they were successful. Installing pride in our jersey is something we need.... badly.

His super league record was great, but then again, so have so many others.

I still think it's him or Flanno for mine. Ciraldo already said he wasn't interested.
Big difference between instilling a culture in a national team and a club team - this all started with appointing McLennan

I see some in the media are liking Barrett - John Morris is an interesting one, Jason Ryles too... I also thought Dean Pay did little wrong with a terrible team - did much better than Barrett

Aside from Monie we've never employed someone with substantial credentials (to be fair, he coached champions everywhere) so I'm not expecting much - what I would want is a cleanout of the hangers on - Iro, Morgan, Jones, etc etc - or at least the coach determining who their assistants will be, rather than inheriting what is clearly a struggling system - we are at rock bottom, spoon or no spoon

Leber

Bench
Id like Ryles. The problem is Morris is he is buddy buddy with Shaun and would never drop him... which needs to happen.

Matua

Bench
* Led the Tongan revolution, which is probably the most interesting thing for us...
I'm not sure bringing in someone who convinced players to break commitments to teams on the eve of a competition is really that interesting for the Warriors. The culture needs to be improved.

shiznit

Coach
It worries me that you have Cameron George talking about how he likes a simple approach to footy and a coach with a hard edge…

what on earth makes him qualified to employ a coach of a football club. How many premiership contenders has he built?? How many premiership contenders has he even been a part of?

if they don’t want to bring in a GM of football to handle the football side of things then they should atleast bring in a panel with abit of vision and not the same people.

someone outside the club who has experience winning and building winners… I’d say Wayne Bennett except he’s with the Dolphins now…

I’d honestly see if Sir Graham Henry was available… He comes from RU but I remember when John Hart worked with the Warriors… he mentored Ivan Cleary and was his biggest supporter in trying to convince the board to keep him instead of letting him walk… and we all know how that turned out… 😂😂

i actually think they need to do something out of the box a little bit…

if it were me I’d have a recruitment panel of Graham Henry, Steve Price & Sonny Bill Williams…

SBW is abit of an out there one… but i actually think he would be a good addition to a panel based on the fact he understand’s the polynesian player dynamic… he’s also extremely professional and has been involved with winning environments across both codes.

sure it’s all pie in the sky… but it beats letting George and Robinson make a decision based on what they want…

jaseg

Juniors
I'm not sure bringing in someone who convinced players to break commitments to teams on the eve of a competition is really that interesting for the Warriors. The culture needs to be improved.

I meant more in terms of what Warriors management might be interested in. From a commerical standpoint, leaning into the Tongan influence would likely bring in bigger home crowds at least in the short term.

Not that it's the right move, football wise. Maybe it is or isn't, but it wasn't really what I meant with that comment anyway..

(I want Flanagan, lol)

Alan Johnson

Juniors
We should definitely be looking to union. It’s the best resource for transferrable talent in the country. Not for coaching, for management.

Matua

Bench
I meant more in terms of what Warriors management might be interested in. From a commerical standpoint, leaning into the Tongan influence would likely bring in bigger home crowds at least in the short term.

Not that it's the right move, football wise. Maybe it is or isn't, but it wasn't really what I meant with that comment anyway..

(I want Flanagan, lol)
Nah, that's just pandering to one part of your audience. I don't have an issue with it from football perspective though if he's the best coach.

shiznit

Coach
Even for coaching, if a top tier coach was interested, though I’d pair them with a veteran league assistant.
You know who would be an interesting option if you were going to look at a RU coach to bring over to RL…

Brad Thorn… IMO a good RU coach… but has extensive RL experience at the highest level.

is an absolute winner and is definitely a hardarse…

I don’t think he would do it it though as I think he’s being lined up to take the Wallabies job.

Scott

Bench
You know who would be an interesting option if you were going to look at a RU coach to bring over to RL…

Brad Thorn… IMO a good RU coach… but has extensive RL experience at the highest level.

I don’t think he would do it it though as I think he’s being lined up to take the Wallabies job.

Too hard for the snowflakes in our team.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just heard the end of Cameron George on SENZ, gee he is a terrible listen every time I hear him on

He said Mark Robinson doesn’t have any say in team naming and retention, but does have involvement in the coaching (I’d hope that’s just in regards to appointing the next one)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Yeah he’d be a dream appointment.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Too hard for the snowflakes in our team.
Here’s a controversial take- we have no more snowflakes than any other side. Players for the most part perform to the standards set and demanded from them by the organisation. You might shed a few bad apples but it won’t be half a side.

Matua

Bench

I'm not sure he's a great coach, seems to lean more Hammett than Razor, and I'd be genuinely surprised if he's being lined up for the Wallabies. At least 2 of the current Oz super coaches are better bets than him.

In saying all that not saying he couldn't do a good job at the Warriors.

The god squad brigade in the team will be happy at least.

jaseg

Juniors
Nah, that's just pandering to one part of your audience. I don't have an issue with it from football perspective though if he's the best coach.

Oh I agree, I just have a bad feeling it might play into the thinking of the idiots in charge.

JJ

Immortal
So on 1 news tonight they said when Payten turned us down Brown called the f**king owner who offered him the job on the phone, he never applied initially

I might be well behind you all if this was common knowledge, but ffs the entitled Westie redneck running the place is a stupid joke…

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Maguire has a reputation of being a disciplinarian with his teams, and Warriors chief executive Cameron George explained he wanted a “hard arse” as his next coach.

“Honestly though, I want to see someone with a hard edge to them. I want a bit of a hard arse,” George said to The Daily Telegraph.

“We need to instil that fabric that steels up our defence.

No he’s not,” Robinson said to The Daily Telegraph.

“I don’t really know Michael Maguire but he didn’t get results at the Wests Tigers, so we’re not going in that direction.

“He is also coaching New Zealand and I don’t want a coach who has his fingers in other interests like a national team.

“I’m not interested in that.”

JJ

Immortal
Maguire has a reputation of being a disciplinarian with his teams, and Warriors chief executive Cameron George explained he wanted a “hard arse” as his next coach.

“Honestly though, I want to see someone with a hard edge to them. I want a bit of a hard arse,” George said to The Daily Telegraph.

“I don’t really know Michael Maguire but he didn’t get results at the Wests Tigers, so we’re not going in that direction.

“He is also coaching New Zealand and I don’t want a coach who has his fingers in other interests like a national team.

Says the clown who hired Bathan ‘results’ Brown over a casual phone call ffs

shiznit

Coach

How in the hell does this asshole own a successful business??

the first thing you’d expect the head of a successful company to know is that you don’t speak to the f**king media about impending recruitment.

they should be preaching the same messages across the entire organisation… SMH.

mate… this idiot may end up getting the franchise license taken from him the ways he’s going…