What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin I - Wed 8 Jun - NSW 10-16 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
Nathan Cleary is just Mitchell Pearce with more luck. What a f**king dud showing from the media’s best player in the game.

got heavy 2011 origin vibes out of last night when NSW got similarly trounced after thinking just picking the dragons team would guarantee victory.

lastly, who the f**k is Martin? Haven’t seen a bigger hack get thrown a rep jersey like that just because of who he plays for since Steve Simpson

moffla

Bench
I'd adopt Munster's son or let my missus be inseminated with his sperm, just so the kid would be able to play for NSW in 21 years time.

What a f**king athletic specimen that man is. It's not one-off performance either. He has strength, power and balance that you just cannot train. It's DNA.
He’ll go down as one of the great big game players. Can go quiet during the regular season but more often than not he’s on a different level when it comes to the biggest stage (2018 GF aside)

big hit!

Bench
Stephen Crichton with one of the worst debuts in origin you will see, can't really blame him though. That blame is squarely on Fittler's shoulders

Crichton's performance is all on Fittler.

The Wighton at centre decision was sort of vindicated (who knows if Crichton may have been even better though if he started), but if Crichton wasn't starting, he shouldn't have been in the 17 at all.

Canard

Immortal
I'd adopt Munster's son or let my missus be inseminated with his sperm, just so the kid would be able to play for NSW in 21 years time.

What a f**king athletic specimen that man is. It's not one-off performance either. He has strength, power and balance that you just cannot train. It's DNA.
Origin has a Father/Son eligibility now, so you're f**ked :)

big hit!

Bench
Cook didn't have his best game and qlds line speed was brutal, basically shut down Cleary and any other threats we had. No room, no offloads.

Cook provided some spark, but he also made spud errors like most of the NSW team. He was far from the worst.

NSW doesn't need another f**king Penrith rep, particularly one who's focus is on bringing in birds to bed while on camp. He f**ked up his chance.

I agree he should be in the team ahead of a club mate such as Martin on outright ability, but making an origin side more of a club side isn't going to win this series.

QLD played well because DCE has Munster, Ponga has Grant, Tino has Papali'i and Carrigan, etc. Guns who go to another level because they have other guns beside them, not their club plods.

big hit!

Bench
Agree with latrell, I woukd bring him back ASAP.

Api om not sold on but could be worth a go.

What do you believe JAC would have done in that game that would have changed the result? Genuinely curious.

He doesn't change what goes on inside him, but he has speed to exploit and that can change moments. Maybe that kick at the end of the first half that Holmes easily dealt with may have been more of a contest?

Holmes was the one who used his speed last night and he was a beast for Queensland.

NSW had no X-factor last night. Lost Mitchell & Turbo through injury, and the selector decided not to pick another. Freddy went back back to the Daley years of containing rather than threatening.

Canard

Immortal
Cook provided some spark, but he also made spud errors like most of the NSW team. He was far from the worst.

NSW doesn't need another f**king Penrith rep, particularly one who's focus is on bringing in birds to bed while on camp. He f**ked up his chance.

I agree he should be in the team ahead of a club mate such as Martin on outright ability, but making an origin side more of a club side isn't going to win this series.

QLD played well because DCE has Munster, Ponga has Grant, Tino has Papali'i and Carrigan, etc. Guns who go to another level because they have other guns beside them, not their club plods.
I reckon once NSW decided to ignore HIA on Yeo their fate was sealed, he clearly wasn't at his best, he is such a weapon in the middle, and so much of what he does sets up Cleary.

Reactions: Vee

big hit!

Bench
Also playing Murray, Yeo and Matterson on the park at the same time was completely geniused. I’m only guessing but it seemed Matterson was playing prop. Freddy’s obsession with locks is out of control. I’m fully expecting Finnucane to come in if fit next game for Paulo.

This has always been the NSW way though. Have periods where smaller mobile players are on the field together, whereas QLD use actual props and compliment them with a 13.

Valheru

Coach
Nathan Cleary is just Mitchell Pearce with more luck. What a f**king dud showing from the media’s best player in the game.

got heavy 2011 origin vibes out of last night when NSW got similarly trounced after thinking just picking the dragons team would guarantee victory.

lastly, who the f**k is Martin? Haven’t seen a bigger hack get thrown a rep jersey like that just because of who he plays for since Steve Simpson
The thing with Pearce is no one, not even one eyed roosters fans, believed he was anything other than the 3rd or 4th (even 5th at times) most talented half in any origin game he played given he was up against Thurston, Lockyer and Cronk his whole career. Pearce was just the best option in a pretty dire era for NSW against the greatest rep team in history.

On the other hand, Cleary, if you believe penrith fans and the media is not only the best half in the game, but the best player and a generational talent on his way to being an immortal. That myth has been completely exposed time and time again in big games. He hasn't stood out in any of his 11 origin games which includes 3 series victories. He has also had 11 finals matches including going completely missing in the 2020 GF. Was he the best player on his team in any of those 11 matches? Don't get me started on the 2021 CCM, he was the best player in that match the same way JT was the best in 2015.