What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris - 2022 coaching alternative

macnaz

Staff member
Not who i want , but this is where i think the club is going. Heard 3 or 4 weeks ago and didnt think it was possible so didnt give it a 2nd thought .. Sheens and Johnny Cronk back together ticks all the Weststigers boxes ☹

Das Hassler

Bench
Not who i want , but this is where i think the club is going. Heard 3 or 4 weeks ago and didnt think it was possible so didnt give it a 2nd thought .. Sheens and Johnny Cronk back together ticks all the Weststigers boxes ☹

God no.....if he couldn't draw elite players to the sharks what hope here.
No Morris...no Green ...NO NO NO BARRETT...no Toovey...3 seasons too late...ABSOLUTELY NO Price OR McGreggor...only Ciraldo or Wolfe please!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
John got a dud deal from us.

Just when he got access to the money, we sacked him, before that, he had damaged goods.

macnaz

Staff member
John got a dud deal from us.

Just when he got access to the money, we sacked him, before that, he had damaged goods.
True , the club did have a good tough culture at the time and always gave their all regardless of talent but did he develop that or work on the back of that ? We are piss weak and need someone with the credentials to turn that around and i dont think Morris is the man to do it.

gordsy

Juniors
Given Sheens says we want a development coach I take it we will sign Ciraldo or someone who will focus on juniors rather than turning the first grade team around asap. Can Ciraldo do that is the question

The Rosco

Bench
If it IS Ciraldo, we want the parting with Penrith to be as ugly and spiteful as possible.
Give him plenty of reason to cherry pick the best of their juniors without any worry about disrespecting his old boss.
They should get IC to broker the exit deal. He's one of the biggest merkins in the game, and karma owes him.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Isn’t Pascoe doing your negotiations .Attracting players can often come down to the front office .you don’t impress with your vision of where the club is heading they don’t sign .Remove Pascoe you are heading in the right direction

macnaz

Staff member
Given Sheens says we want a development coach I take it we will sign Ciraldo or someone who will focus on juniors rather than turning the first grade team around asap. Can Ciraldo do that is the question
Didn't Morris personally describe himself as a development coach ?

gordsy

Juniors
I don't know how long Ciraldo is under contract for but if it's due to end soon I'd be leveraging that into a 5 year deal for myself at Penrith. Good team and junior base, with a smart board. Or you could come to merkin-ville and coach us or even worse the dogs / warriors and cop all the stress adn maybe ruin your career. I know which one I'd be choosing.

As for Morris unless he has a clause saying he can leave if a head coaching role comes up he is under contract for Souths till the end of 2023.

Well if we have 5 captains, why not 4 coaches ?
We could go to Nick Scali and get an Italian style dining table that seats 18 for when they have a meeting.
At least they won a comp and Hodgson is coaching in the UK currently so this an option for sure. Nothing to lose by giving it a go one has to say . Nothing else seems to work

The Walker brothers perhaps as there would be no regrets if you give them a go.

Last edited:
I don't know how long Ciraldo is under contract for but if it's due to end soon I'd be leveraging that into a 5 year deal for myself at Penrith. Good team and junior base, with a smart board. Or you could come to merkin-ville and coach us or even worse the dogs / warriors and cop all the stress adn maybe ruin your career. I know which one I'd be choosing.

As for Morris unless he has a clause saying he can leave if a head coaching role comes up he is under contract for Souths till the end of 2023.
Yes indeed - If you were an up and coming coach looking for your first head coach role would you pick the Tigers though as if it doesn't work out your aspirations as a career coach are virtually over.

Look at Fitzy as he was offered a few roles - Knights and Dragons for instance and knocked them back and waited for the right fit and or opportunity to arise that being with the Sharks.

The Dogs will find someone who should turn them around in the future but anyone taking on the Warriors coaching role will need to be somewhat of a masochist.

All the talk of NZ2 being the 18th team is ridiculous when NZ 1 (Warriors) can't get their act together to be somewhat of a consistent footy team year in year out.

The NRL need to realise NZ is Rugby and if an 18th team is to be considered - Perth / Another Queensland Team/ PNG would be far and away the much better candidates.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Well if we have 5 captains, why not 4 coaches ?
We could go to Nick Scali and get an Italian style dining table that seats 18 for when they have a meeting.

I like it. We should have a rotation system for the coach. We could all take turns.

Tiger05

First Grade
If you were an up and coming coach looking for your first head coach role would you pick the Tigers

Yep. The best opportunity ever. Much better than the Rorters or something like that. Imagine if you win. I remember when the rorters weren't the rorters. Times change. If you can coach the Tigers are a great job.