What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Girds89

Bench
I think this is an adequate comment on right now. The evolution would be playing both sides
I think itvall depends on who the long term half will be next to him.

If he gets a quality 7 next to him id say leave him on the left, defintley hes strongest side.

They might not get that luxury tho.

Iamback

Coach
I think itvall depends on who the long term half will be next to him.

If he gets a quality 7 next to him id say leave him on the left, defintley hes strongest side.

They might not get that luxury tho.

Smug has him in the elite category.

Elite halves play both sides and can win games on their own. Very few exist

But being a very good half only playing the left is possible

WestyLife

First Grade
You probably also think your shit doesn't stink and you're a machine in the sack....

No need to be a conceited merkin mate

Every mention of Edwards becomes a pissing contest now. It's why I've got Girds on ignore. Every fan in the game acknowledges his work ethic and improvement. If that's not good enough well tough.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Smug has him in the elite category.

Elite halves play both sides and can win games on their own. Very few exist

But being a very good half only playing the left is possible

Burton outplayed Luai when they partnered at Penrith. Judging the dogs I'd say coaching failed him miserably, just look at the instant improvement once Barrett was sacked.

WestyLife

First Grade
outplayed how though?

They were on the same side. A lot of the tries Burton scored is from the work of the inside guys.

Tago this year
Crichton in 2020 are proof of that

They partnered at 7 and 6 then flipped. Burton was the better halfback of the two at the time.

Iamback

Coach
They partnered at 7 and 6 then flipped. Burton was the better halfback of the two at the time.

It comes to the discussion further up. Luai moved to the right side though to cover.

It didn't suit Ivan has admitted it and so far hasn't been so stupid again especially as Luai is a left foot kicker

Iamback

Coach
Every mention of Edwards becomes a passing contest now. It's why I've got Girds on ignore. Every fan in the game acknowledges his work ethic and improvement. If that's not good enough well tough.

It really depends what you want from a FB. Often the basics get overlooked for the flashy.

26 tries
25 try assists

In 95 games. Is lower than say Papenhuyzen or someone but for me if you can have a hooker and fullback having a try involvement for 50% of your games. You will go well

Iamback

Coach
If he is he isn’t doing a very good job of it. Great boot, but with the ball in hand he has to play too deep to create anything outside of him, which in the modern game where you need to play at the line is not great.

His rep career in the first few years will be at centre, which is where his skill set (strong ball runner, huge boot) can be best utilised. If he can improve decision making both with and without the ball he could become an amazing lock; think Yeo but with a kick.

Wighton will be back. Latrell possibly it will be interesting what NSW does with the centres long term.

WestyLife

First Grade
It really depends what you want from a FB. Often the basics get overlooked for the flashy.

26 tries
25 try assists

In 95 games. Is lower than say Papenhuyzen or someone but for me if you can have a hooker and fullback having a try involvement for 50% of your games. You will go well

I wouldn't take him over any other fullback in the game right now. He's just become so consistent at everything. I said within the last few weeks it was probably just a matter of getting past the serious injuries every year limiting his playing time and confidence to an extent.

Iamback

Coach
I wouldn't take him over any other fullback in the game right now. He's just become so consistent at everything. I said within the last few weeks it was probably just a matter of getting past the serious injuries every year limiting his playing time and confidence to an extent.

Right at the moment yes. on track for best year as far a tries and Try Assists are concerned

Next year if we are struggling with no Kiks or Api..Maybe it is different but there are options around the club. So I like the short deals for both parties

WestyLife

First Grade
Right at the moment yes. on track for best year as far a tries and Try Assists are concerned

Next year if we are struggling with no Kiks or Api..Maybe it is different but there are options around the club. So I like the short deals for both parties

This isn't new either. Can see the dates here

Iamback

Coach
This isn't new either. Can see the dates here

Nice call.

I get why they offered Staines FB money.

We have Turuva carving up.
Crichton would do a job too
Iongi is in QLD u19's game on Thursday night

so we have options if we need more but atm. He is perfect for our needs we are best when the back start sets well. The last couple of weeks the right attack has gone well so he is having an affect both sides of the ball

ACTPanthers

Bench
I agree Tom. It's school kid stuff. Burton is a good player, Luai is a good player. Luai is a better foil for Cleary as he adds a point of difference.

In some ways Burton and Cleary play a similar style. That's probably why he wasn't put in the halves with Cleary.
If you've got a problem with what I said, quote me.

I posted a response to Kilkenny acting like he's the ducks nuts.

What is childish is this passive aggressive bullshit not quoting me but commenting about what I've said.

I didn't even say anything bad. Kilkenny is the one calling other posters stupid or silly because he has a different opinion. That and he seems to have some weird obsession with Smug Panther...

Also, just want to add that the topic was about Edwards... nothing to do with Burto or Luai or Cleary... but yeah... carry on.

WestyLife

First Grade
If you've got a problem with what I said, quote me.

I posted a response to Kilkenny acting like he's the ducks nuts.

What is childish is this passive aggressive bullshit not quoting me but commenting about what I've said.

I didn't even say anything bad. Kilkenny is the one calling other posters stupid or silly because he has a different opinion. That and he seems to have some weird obsession with Smug Panther...

Also, just want to add that the topic was about Edwards... nothing to do with Burto or Luai or Cleary... but yeah... carry on.

This season has been constant passive aggressive posting about past season's opinion. It's not for no reason people are starting to get the shits.