What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bizarre.

I know it's a tough position to fill but actually wanting to play for the club is extremely important. They need a cultural change just as much as a roster change.

My guess is that Sheens gets more involved in coaching after Madge inevitably gets sacked. Just interim. And just maybe a guy like Brooks turns things around. But I don't see it happening.

TBF Brooks is trying, the effort if there. He is just terribly unhappy and shot of all conifdence. Sheens was head coach when Brooks, Moses and Tedesco were 17/18, he saw them as the long term spine. I think his memory of the talented 17 year old Australian School Boys halfback from a deacde ago clouded his judgement, thinking they could get it back.

Its too far gone now though, even if Maguire gets the sack Brooks won't magically rediscover his from after 2 and a half horrible years. Both he and the club need a fresh start

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Bizarre.

I know it's a tough position to fill but actually wanting to play for the club is extremely important. They need a cultural change just as much as a roster change.

My guess is that Sheens gets more involved in coaching after Madge inevitably gets sacked. Just interim. And just maybe a guy like Brooks turns things around. But I don't see it happening.

If Doueihi hadn't done his ACL I reckon we'd probably have released Brooks. That's obviously dependant on what salary expectations are. I don't for a second believe Brooks is getting $1.1mil next year, but why would the tigers release him if they had to cover some of his salary. He might have asked for a release but then tigers were expected to pick up 50% of his salary. It would have been madness to do that.

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree with the comments above. We need to make a change. Brooks isn't the guy we should have in a critical position like halfback.

I'd only pay a trivial amount for him to play elsewhere. He can play whatever role suits us. If that is reserves so be it.

Fangs

Coach
If Doueihi hadn't done his ACL I reckon we'd probably have released Brooks. That's obviously dependant on what salary expectations are. I don't for a second believe Brooks is getting $1.1mil next year, but why would the tigers release him if they had to cover some of his salary. He might have asked for a release but then tigers were expected to pick up 50% of his salary. It would have been madness to do that.

Depends on how many years you have to pay it for I think. Its the trade off of pay vs a disgruntled player (We don't know for sure that he is but if you are denied a release more than once he would probably be a bit pissed). The Panthers were paying off RCG and Waqa Blake even last year 2021. Wouldn't have been cheap so it can work out.

Can't write him off entirely because its certain a new coach will be coming in. But I can't see Brooks turning it around.

simmo05

Bench
Brooks will be going to the knights when ad gets back. Unbelievably, they still want the useless merkin

simmo05

Bench
Apologies for pointing out the obvious...

Why on earth do the Tigers want to keep a player who doesn't want to be there?

He should be in Newcastle by now. Better for him and the Tigers.
Should have been there when Reynolds went on the market

gordsy

Juniors
When you ask for a release twice that means you are dead keen on going. Why didn't we turn the screws and get rid of him for the best deal we could ? Also how can you tell Madge you are our coach but not let him have / pick the players he wants ? Either back him or sack him. It's not like losing Brooks is going to make us shit. We are way past that already..

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Regardless of the exact number, which we will never know, we have three halves to go into two positions and of the three, hes the one least likely.

Whatever we have to pay out is for one year only.

I say ditch him, pay out the difference and move on.

WA Tiger

Bench
I give no f**ks at all about his salary. None. Zip. Nada.
But the cap the cap..
This is what I meant by “stuck with Brooks for a year and a half” if we declined when Newcastle came calling Although who’s going to predict 2 weeks ahead..
Anyone who saw Brooks against Bulldogs will have shelved any idea of resurrecting his career..Including Joey, one would have thought

Last edited: