What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

st.phil

Bench
We are just a truckstop of a club. Not a destination club. We are a place where people park their cabooses on route to something else...usually between radio gigs.

There will be no long term plan with Flanagan. Just a whimsical selection to fill a void.

That's all the board can manage for a once famous club.
Cheer up mate

Yow

Juniors
Interesting to hear what Webb said on the RedV Podcast and he is correct, there's not much out there atm, a lot of rumour but nothing is solid fact. Player managers use this sort of stuff as a bargaining chip and club's don't let players they want, go!

As for Flanno, he has a great job, and maybe he's just happy doing that, mixed in with his media gigs. The Bulldogs seem to be moving on from him, by indicating Woolf is a definite target for them. The Tigers are a poison chalice and are in all sorts. They are trying everything to lure Ciraldo, but more rumour him staying at the Panthers than taking on that rabble. Wouldn't surprise they stuck with Kimmorly and even wait another year for Ciraldo.

As for us, Webb even dropped the hint that Hook may, and I say may, be here long term, as he has done what they have requested, ie: set up the Dragons for the future. He did comment also, some good re-signing news is forthcoming, with 3 names springing to mind in M. Molo, Burns or Amone and could re-signing include a past player returning, it would be a nice play-on-words if so, but I'm only guessing.
Tyson

matPORTS

Juniors
Just finished listening to the Red V podcast and thought I'd come in to see if there were any discussions:

I guess these rumoured re-signings will only be a positive and to those who are deserving (Amone in particular).

We aren't in the game in terms of where we need to be recruitment wise though, as much as we try to spin it. McCullough, Mbye, McGuire and Woods are barely going to survive another pre-season. Sims needs to somehow be replaced. Not sure what the longer term looks like for JdB & Birdy. Su'a will continue to be a mainstay in the back row. Lawrie, in all fairness, looks to be on the improve and I am optimistic on the Molo brothers. All the others on our 'pack list' currently appear to be part-time first graders or have yet to show signs of breaking through.

I don't think we are going to be able to successfully recruit the four forwards we undoubtedly need to plug holes in our extended pack (2 x middles, 1 x edge and 1 x hooker), but a workhorse lock who could play big minutes would be better than nothing. Looking at Nathan Brown from the Eels (and I agree with the comments about Adam Elliot - we should have gone for him over Aaron Woods for this year imo).

I know it's going to be a tough call for the coaching staff to make, but I agree with the comments on the podcast that Bud is now bordering on being too good for reserve grade. Perhaps Mybe has gotta go in favour of Bud on the bench? The next tough decision will be Bud starting at 7 with Hunt starting at 9 come 2023 - unless we can sign a first grade hooker (ala Damien Cook early release from the Rabbits). I'm in favour of Bud seeing out the rest of the year in reserve grade playing 7 as a result of his continued development, but we have to transition in 2023.

I don't think the outside backs are too much of a concern - I'm more concerned about how we could potentially get Ramsay and Sloan playing in the same side, and can we get both Feagai's playing in there as well? This would add more speed and some level of unpredictability (we can't make the same mistakes with this set of twins as we did with the last set we had).

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Just finished listening to the Red V podcast and thought I'd come in to see if there were any discussions:

I guess these rumoured re-signings will only be a positive and to those who are deserving (Amone in particular).

We aren't in the game in terms of where we need to be recruitment wise though, as much as we try to spin it. McCullough, Mbye, McGuire and Woods are barely going to survive another pre-season. Sims needs to somehow be replaced. Not sure what the longer term looks like for JdB & Birdy. Su'a will continue to be a mainstay in the back row. Lawrie, in all fairness, looks to be on the improve and I am optimistic on the Molo brothers. All the others on our 'pack list' currently appear to be part-time first graders or have yet to show signs of breaking through.

I don't think we are going to be able to successfully recruit the four forwards we undoubtedly need to plug holes in our extended pack (2 x middles, 1 x edge and 1 x hooker), but a workhorse lock who could play big minutes would be better than nothing. Looking at Nathan Brown from the Eels (and I agree with the comments about Adam Elliot - we should have gone for him over Aaron Woods for this year imo).

I know it's going to be a tough call for the coaching staff to make, but I agree with the comments on the podcast that Bud is now bordering on being too good for reserve grade. Perhaps Mybe has gotta go in favour of Bud on the bench? The next tough decision will be Bud starting at 7 with Hunt starting at 9 come 2023 - unless we can sign a first grade hooker (ala Damien Cook early release from the Rabbits). I'm in favour of Bud seeing out the rest of the year in reserve grade playing 7 as a result of his continued development, but we have to transition in 2023.

I don't think the outside backs are too much of a concern - I'm more concerned about how we could potentially get Ramsay and Sloan playing in the same side, and can we get both Feagai's playing in there as well? This would add more speed and some level of unpredictability (we can't make the same mistakes with this set of twins as we did with the last set we had).
The only way you are going to get all those players in the same side is by putting Lomax and Suli in the forwards, and I dont know if that would ever happen, but who knows.

BLM01

First Grade

to be honest including injury I am yet to see the Feagais lighten the field up or excite me greatly
Matt goes OK and runs hard but does not have great pace or never seems to get put into the clear
max is real injury prone ATM

mickeylane

Bench
To feature in the top 4 you need a gun
1 ,6,7,9 gun being Munster, Lua, Tedesco class

We are way short in 3 spots possibly four and can’t see them being plugged over the next few years…

don’t believe me just check out the top 4 currently and last years top 4 spines..

Latest posts