What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blues Riff

Bench
Mate he doesn't have to write anything here don't turn anyway people who get inside info.
His "inside scoop" had already been circulating media outlets for at least 24 hrs, pretty much word for word. Not to mention a previous post concerning CC's second visit to WT which it turned out never happened. I'm not turning anyone away, just calling it as I see it. Thanks.

Hooked

Juniors
The penny has finally dropped for the Mole! it only took a week!

Panthers keen on May​

The Panthers don't have many players on their shopping list for 2023 - but Roosters prop Terrell May is one.

The brother of Penrith flyer Taylan and former Panther Tyrone, the 23-year-old is a Panthers junior who made his NRL debut earlier this season - ironically against Penrith.

The Roosters are keen to keep the promising middle forward and the two clubs are currently battling for his services.

With the Roosters losing a host of big names in recent seasons, his pathway to the top may be easier there.

But the lure of returning home - and playing alongside his little brother - will also be a major factor in his decision.

maple_69

Bench
Isn’t it weird that a decade ago our shopping method was exactly the same. Wait until the off season to pick up scraps to fill the squad. Only then they came in and performed like the fringe players they were and now they come in and become rep players.

I’ve been real skeptical about Salmok this year but even he has been given a role and has done it without ever letting the team down. I’m ready to back whichever random couple of fringe guys we bring in this off season.

hindy111

Post Whore
I see young Tylor who come thru the grades is now with Manly and starting half in their jersey Flegg. Seemed a talented kid. Did the club have better options?

Iamback

Coach
I see young Tylor who come thru the grades is now with Manly and starting half in their jersey Flegg. Seemed a talented kid. Did the club have better options?

Yes.

Both players we had in the u19's Origin are halves.
Puru is good.
Not to mention the halves from SG Ball

mxlegend99

Referee
Isn’t it weird that a decade ago our shopping method was exactly the same. Wait until the off season to pick up scraps to fill the squad. Only then they came in and performed like the fringe players they were and now they come in and become rep players.

I’ve been real skeptical about Salmok this year but even he has been given a role and has done it without ever letting the team down. I’m ready to back whichever random couple of fringe guys we bring in this off season.
Salmon is average. But he's definitely better on the bench than Kenny who offers nothing. I don't know how we've carried such an average bench this season for only one loss tbh.

Our starting side is just that good i guess. But for mine Eisenhuth on bench for Kenny and just use Salmon to rest any injuries. With how average Kenny is we lose nothing with Salmon slotting in rather than Kenny. Unless we want to bring Luke back onto the bench it's just wasting a spot with Kenny offering very little at 9. Much rather Huth rewarded for his form tbh.

maple_69

Bench
Neither Kenny or Salmon will get many minutes in the finals anyway.
Fish will play 55, Leota 45, Sorenson 40, Leniu 20 Yeo 80, Martin 80, Kikau 80, Api 80. Injuries aside they're not expressly needed in the rotation and I'd say 1 would maybe get a 10-15 minute stint at most.

Munky

Coach
My issue with Kenny and Salmon on the bench is that if we get any injury in the back row early on they have to play big minutes.

Parra gained the ascendency when Kikau was off the field getting assessed.

Both will be targeted and exploited if in the line for seventy minutes plus.

Iamback

Coach
Kenny has actually surprised me in the running forward role, he goes alright. Salmon is solid, he does his job well enough and can be thrown into a lot of positions.

That was his role back in the day. Should still be his role given how the game is now