What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Gosh of gosh. Why doesn't NRL360 just change their name to 'Bashing the Wests Tigers'.

It's been going on for 20 minutes.
Thanks Alice. At the rate I am going it won't be long before you are more supportive of the Tigers than I am.

I haven't seen the episode you are talking about but about a week ago I was annoyed by Paul Kent calling the Tigers a basket case even though he was a bit apologetic about doing so. Since then a story came out that the Tigers will most likely choose between John Morris and Noddy getting the job with Noddy now the favorite.

If those in charge have sacked Madge only to replace him with either of these two we are indeed an NRL basket case and will be for years to come.

Perth Tiger

Bench
the funniest part was watching Braith and Benji basically laugh at each other when discussing whether Potter should be the coach of the dogs. I think the players have a very different view of Potter than some of the fans do.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Let me translate what it means when the Tigers leak they are looking at Kimmorley having an edge over Morris as head coach.
Translation
We have spoken to Woolfe and he made it very clear he was not interested. We have spoken to Morris and he is weighing up the options available to him. We have spoken to Bret and he has no other options and would jump at the chance.

the funniest part was watching Braith and Benji basically laugh at each other when discussing whether Potter should be the coach of the dogs. I think the players have a very different view of Potter than some of the fans do.
Similar thing happened a few weeks ago. Someone asked Braith if they should consider Potter for the dogs role and quick as a flash he said ‘hell no’ (or equivalent). When Kenty asked him to expand he prevaricated (‘he is a decent coach but no…’ type thing) but his initial reaction spoke volumes.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe it is just me, but I think the fans have to put there full support behind whomever is appointed head coach.

Hopefully, the appointment is forthcoming, the longer it drags on the less time the new incoming coach has to put his stamp on the makeup of the 2023 roster.

WA Tiger

Bench
Let me translate what it means when the Tigers leak they are looking at Kimmorley having an edge over Morris as head coach.
Translation
We have spoken to Woolfe and he made it very clear he was not interested. We have spoken to Morris and he is weighing up the options available to him. We have spoken to Bret and he has no other options and would jump at the chance.
We will see this weekend. It has to start happening here for Noddy. He’s locked and loaded. The teams looking potentially menacing right across the park. He just has to flick their switch and get it on… and pull the 6 as soon as possible. I’m guessing you will eat your words..

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We will see this weekend. It has to start happening here for Noddy. He’s locked and loaded. The teams looking potentially menacing right across the park. He just has to flick their switch and get it on… and pull the 6 as soon as possible. I’m guessing you will eat your words..
Only too happy to. I'll eat my hat too but not after a win over the team in last place. What would make my words and hat more palatable would be seeing an over all improvement in our roster, top 12 first year, top 10 second year top 8 after 3 years. Won't happen with an inexperienced coach like Noddy, won't happen by a coach like Morris who was sacked because of his inability to sign quality players.

One last time SIGN CHRISTIAN WOOLFE ! ( or if worst comes to worst Flannagan (never thought I would say that) )

WA Tiger

Bench
Only too happy to. I'll eat my hat too but not after a win over the team in last place. What would make my words and hat more palatable would be seeing an over all improvement in our roster, top 12 first year, top 10 second year top 8 after 3 years. Won't happen with an inexperienced coach like Noddy, won't happen by a coach like Morris who was sacked because of his inability to sign quality players.

One last time SIGN CHRISTIAN WOOLFE ! ( or if worst comes to worst Flannagan (never thought I would say that) )
The famous 3 year plan.. I’m looking at top 9-10 this year (is it possible) Then who knows..If Noddy gets that he’s in for next year then the sky’s the limit…We’ve got the roster esp with the bring in the youth now! policy.
Noddy is now more experienced than Wolfe in the NRL and it sounds like he’s taken to it like a duck to water

WA Tiger

Bench
You can bet every Fox employee knows every detail of what happened in that WT dressing room. I’m pretty sure it was a definite no from James Graham too..Funny that

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The famous 3 year plan.. I’m looking at top 9-10 this year (is it possible) Then who knows..If Noddy gets that he’s in for next year then the sky’s the limit…We’ve got the roster esp with the bring in the youth now! policy.
Noddy is now more experienced than Wolfe in the NRL and it sounds like he’s taken to it like a duck to water
I love that you are deeper in to Wonderland than Alice.

Enjoy!

WA Tiger

Bench
I love that you are deeper in to Wonderland than Alice.

Enjoy!
And you … The players as per usual will have a big say in things. With the rave reviews from the club about Noddy thats prob a done deal already. Now he just has to win a few games. Nothing more..

And you … The players as per usual will have a big say in things. With the rave reviews from the club about Noddy thats prob a done deal already. Now he just has to win a few games. Nothing more..
Our players should use your head as a practice kicking tee. You know successful they are.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Thanks, I will. Now which pill is it I take again?

Pep talk to each new Wests Tigers coach "Look, all you have to do is win a few games. Nothing More."

WA Tiger

Bench
Thanks, I will. Now which pill is it I take again?

Pep talk to each new Wests Tigers coach "Look, all you have to do is win a few games. Nothing More."
It’s the drink mate. Stick to the beers you know you start talking shit when you get too peeest