What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boo bloody hoo. Take it up with the Governments elected by Queenslanders for Qld which denied Qld Leagues Club being able to use all available revenue streams available to help out its "mates". That is not the fault of NSW, its players, nor its clubs. Its all on Queenslanders.
Argh, so you're arguing for a purely capitalist system?

Cool!

What time will you be protesting ARLC HQ for having a salary cap?

We all know why it's in place. The Sydney clubs would go broke trying to compete with the Broncos. Even the Cowboys and Storm are richer than most Sydney clubs.

Corner_Post

Juniors
You can't judge a forward pass from a photo.

And where the player receives it is irrelevant, it's only judged on how it leaves the hands. It's amazing how many Rugby League fans don't understand this.
You’re kidding me right. If a player is running fast going in in a forward motion then you can pass the ball back and it can float forward ie the player who receives the ball can be forward of the passer when received.

Doing that running sideways (like Ponga did) or even running slowly does NOT work. Very basic concept.

betcats

Referee
You can't judge a forward pass from a photo.

And where the player receives it is irrelevant, it's only judged on how it leaves the hands. It's amazing how many Rugby League fans don't understand this.

Ponga must have some skill to have it leave his hands backwards and float forward to a player that was already in front of him before it left his hands. Especially considering how short and sharp the pass was, some skill indeed.

GongPanther

Referee
Has there been as much said in a club game post match after someone copped 10 in the bin? It has gone from "he deserved that and should have known better" in a club game, to "Qld's game was centrered around that 10 mins in the bin, and lost the rest of the 70 minutes because of that ref!" in SOO 2.

Munky

Coach
Has there been as much said in a club game post match after someone copped 10 in the bin? It has gone from "he deserved that and should have known better" in a club game, to "Qld's game was centrered around that 10 mins in the bin, and lost the rest of the 70 minutes because of that ref!" in SOO 2.

It's the fatigue thing I don't understand.

Half time happened and all QLD had to do was complete their sets and keep NSW out of attacking positions for eight minutes.

They botched a few catches from kicks early in the half to give away easy possession/territory and tired out defending those errors.

The same thing would have happened with thirteen men when making those errors. It's the PENRITH game plan of pinning and grinding teams down in the fifteen minutes after half time.

GongPanther

Referee

Half time happened and all QLD had to do was complete their sets and keep NSW out of attacking positions for eight minutes.

They botched a few catches from kicks early in the half to give away easy possession/territory and tired out defending those errors.

The same thing would have happened with thirteen men when making those errors. It's the PENRITH game plan of pinning and grinding teams down in the fifteen minutes after half time.
They simply were beaten by a superior team on the night. Did you watch that Brisbane Ch 9 clip with Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer? If I was a Qlder, I would have severely cringed at that awful display of denial.

Here it is, I could only bear to watch the first 5 minutes due to my eyes being full of tears of laughter.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade

NSW didn’t score while Kaubaldie was in the bin during the second half. QLD just don’t get origin, simple.

Reflector

Juniors
Watching 100% Footy, Freddy mentioned how the NSW team flew out to Perth on the Monday and the first couple of days just the 2 hour time difference had the team waking up at 4am instead of 6am like they were used to. Qld didn't touchdown until Thursday, makes me wonder if those few days less to acclimatise to the time difference played a factor the fatigue they showed during the last 20 minutes?

Still, it doesn't change the fact that since 2019 Qld have usually lost badly when beaten (opposed to NSW who lose by margins of 10 or less) and when Qld have lost they've faded out in similar fashion.

Reflector

Juniors
They simply were beaten by a superior team on the night. Did you watch that Brisbane Ch 9 clip with Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer? If I was a Qlder, I would have severely cringed at that awful display of denial.

Here it is, I could only bear to watch the first 5 minutes due to my eyes being full of tears of laughter.

The real gold is from the 10 minute mark...

Watching 100% Footy, Freddy mentioned how the NSW team flew out to Perth on the Monday and the first couple of days just the 2 hour time difference had the team waking up at 4am instead of 6am like they were used to. Qld didn't touchdown until Thursday, makes me wonder if those few days less to acclimatise to the time difference played a factor the fatigue they showed during the last 20 minutes?

Still, it doesn't change the fact that since 2019 Qld have usually lost badly when beaten (opposed to NSW who lose by margins of 10 or less) and when Qld have lost they've faded out in similar fashion.
NSW have more depth than Queensland in the spine. It's been that way since Thurston, Smith, Cronk and Salter retired.

I’ve heard this sin binning has thrown the 2023 campaign into disarray. Only 17 Queenslanders who get origin will be able to overcome such injustice and adversity.

GongPanther

Referee

Why would Freddy give away a trade secret as useful as this? He could have made some other bullshit reason why they went over there early. No point in chest beating oneself in the moment when you might be needing that same tactic at some other time down the track.