What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure if this is the right take. NRL is a results orientated business, and we're getting results without Staines.

Maybe if Tiny and To'o were playing shit, and the team was losing, and Staines was still playing Cup... But that's not the case.
But we were getting the same results with Staines too. Charlie hasn't lost an NRL game this year after 9 games. Our only loss was the game we dropped him.

Not to say May doesn't deserve his spot. But results are basically the same regardless of who our backs are pretty much. Especially for the left edge. The last guy to play poorly on the left was Josh Mansour.

WestyLife

First Grade
But we were getting the same results with Staines too. Charlie hasn't lost an NRL game this year after 9 games. Our only loss was the game we dropped him.

Not to say May doesn't deserve his spot. But results are basically the same regardless of who our backs are pretty much. Especially for the left edge. The last guy to play poorly on the left was Josh Mansour.

They've got him at fullback in reserve grade so the club have to rate him to some degree.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
SOS signed 3 year deal with Dolphins . Hope he goes well!!!

So do I. He's been a wonderful backup for Nathan this year.

I wonder who fills the role for 2023. Shall it come from within, or shall be seek out a journeyman from the bargain basement table outside the footy shop.

Last edited:

BossleyPanther

Juniors
So do I. He's been a wonderful backup for Nathan this year.

I wonder who fills the role for 2023. Shall it come from within, or shall be seek out a journeyman from the bargain basement table outside the footy shop.
When I watched Summut play last week I thought he could do a job backing up and would be a good mentor for the young halves coming through. He is 35 though

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
When I watched Summut play last week I thought he could do a job backing up and would be a good mentor for the young halves coming through. He is 35 though

Could he still cut in reggies with an occassional game in NRL. It's a thought. Maybe he'll come for the princely sum of a pie, beer and the tatoo artist correcting that dreadful tatoo. 😂

Kilkenny

Coach
SOO is basically over. We enjoy the bye next week and after origin on 13th July back up against the Tigers on the Sunday. Covid cancellations hurt the wife and I, missed Soo 2 due to Human Nature concert and will miss the West Tigers game due to Robertson Brothers concert Matinee. Go figure. Both rescheduled it is what is. Looking forward to the Robertson Brothers, local Faulconbridge boys, always a great show. Loved there parodies back in the day for the continuous call team and Hadley. Amazingly talented guys.

maple_69

Bench
I'd prefer we bring in an experienced guy for the Cup team/Origin period/injury cover on a 1 year contract. Puru/Cole/Luke would be fine filling in for Luai but Cleary's role would be a big question mark. Sam Williams would be my pick of the available bunch. No frills, experienced & by all reports an outstanding clubman. Lachlan Lam another option that would probably jump at the chance to get the career refurbishment treatment.

Latest posts