What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge to the roosters for a packet of chips

Valheru

Coach
Struggle, i dare say you've already missed it, there's a huge bottle neck around the 8th position, too many mediocre clubs can go on a run, cocks and rabbits are heading south
That's a pretty big call. Our form is better than at least 3 of the teams in the top 8 currently IMO. All you have to do is look at Cronulla to see how skewed the ladder is at the moment due to the draw. We beat them in round 12 away comfortably at which point we were above them on point difference. In the 3 rounds since then they have got 6 points and we have got 0. We have played Raiders away, Storm and Parra away. They have had a bye, Titans and warriors noting that was the 2nd time they played both those opponents whilst we only play them once. Souths draw in that time tells a similar story too.

Our form over the last 3 games even though they were losing efforts will be enough to make the 8 once the draw evens out a bit.

Valheru

Coach
This ^^^
I would have signed Grant over Smith too, probably would have come for less dollars I reckon.
It's not as if we had a choice. Both wanted to stay at Melbourne and Melbourne chose to keep Grant thus Smith went to market.

Danish

Referee
Struggle, i dare say you've already missed it, there's a huge bottle neck around the 8th position, too many mediocre clubs can go on a run, cocks and rabbits are heading south

that would be my bet too. Our only hope is the fact there are quite a few rubbish teams battling down the bottom of the ladder.

we will be in rebuilding mode for the next 3-4 years while we rebuild our forward pack. We will have lost Cordner, then Taka, from 2021 through 2023 seasons. You can’t lose that level of pack experience and just keep rolling.

myrrh ken

First Grade
TBF, if the Rooters believe Bondi is equivalent to Sydney, then why shouldn't the First Fleet

Valheru

Coach
This should mean he cannot play for a rival club until this period ends - simple

Its up the NRL to enfice this

Otherwise you set a bad precident
The warriors released him though? They could have kept paying him and not played him, it would have made no difference to them financially.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Sime_11

Juniors
Robbo will get the best out of Lodge, Chooks will make the 8 - put your bets on next week when the value is best

soc123_au

Staff member
PENRITH! were smart enough to offload the pos before he sullied the brand. lol@ the shit clubs that have chosen to have anything to do with the merkin.

myrrh ken

First Grade
PENRITH! were smart enough to offload the pos before he sullied the brand. lol@ the shit clubs that have chosen to have anything to do with the merkin.

Lol. Even Gus knew you can't take the PENRITH! out of the merkin.

Cogburn

Juniors
that would be my bet too. Our only hope is the fact there are quite a few rubbish teams battling down the bottom of the ladder.

we will be in rebuilding mode for the next 3-4 years while we rebuild our forward pack. We will have lost Cordner, then Taka, from 2021 through 2023 seasons. You can’t lose that level of pack experience and just keep rolling.
Melbourne do.

gerg

Juniors

There is not a single club that is immune from employing degenerate merkins because sport in general attracts the dregs of society.

Exhibit a your honour - members of this forum.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The warriors released him though? They could have kept paying him and not played him, it would have made no difference to them financially.
There is zero doubt our CEO and management took it up the arse - especially with the payout.

But to me, the NRL should have spoken to the Warriors - who would have told them Lodge refused to play against the Dragons, activated the player option in his contract yet said he would refuse to move to Auckland, and was becoming a very divisive figure in that group - and sent a message in terms of a club simply re-registering people. The NRL, I would have thought, should be looking after their clubs first and foremost. Matt Lodge has now failed to complete four contracts in a row in the NRL. He cut himself from us and the Broncos, the Tigers and Storm flicked him for his neanderthal behaviour. At what point do the NRL say no, you're shitting on our clubs, you're shitting on our image, the game etc?

I'm of the opinion this is a good signing for the Roosters. They're also-rans, and lacking size, and Lodge is a top-level NRL prop if you ignore the fact he's a f**king shit human being. But yeah, you have to overlook the fact he's a piece of shit. And that there is no way he should be re-registered with another club.

soc123_au

Staff member
There is not a single club that is immune from employing degenerate merkins because sport in general attracts the dregs of society.

Exhibit a your honour - members of this forum.
Yes, you are right, it happens. Big difference between discovering someone in the club is a shit bag than actively chasing a proven beyond all doubt deadshit though.

gerg

Juniors
Yes, you are right, it happens. Big difference between discovering someone in the club is a shit bag than actively chasing a proven beyond all doubt deadshit though.

The key factor is how good the player is. Shit player and a merkin ... see ya. Good player and a merkin ... most clubs will be interested.

Latest posts