What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Fellow WT supporters,
It disheartens me to read the constant criticism of the club from its own supporters. I recognise that it is sometimes deflating to be a supporter of the WT but suck it up. Who ever they decide to appoint as coach just let us get behind them with a positive attitude.
I fear supporting the clubs decisions no matter how insane they appear to be gives those in charge permission to take us further and further ino the abyss.
Constant criticism follows constant poor decisions and constant poor results on and off the field year after year.
Sorry, I just can't take the attitude all will be well in Tigertown.Those days have long passed.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Fellow WT supporters,
It disheartens me to read the constant criticism of the club from its own supporters. I recognise that it is sometimes deflating to be a supporter of the WT but suck it up. Who ever they decide to appoint as coach just let us get behind them with a positive attitude.
I can't believe how much your post has got under my skin.
We are 3 wins from 14 and you don't like the negativity?
All in all going back pre merger I have been a supporter of Wests for 60 years with more pain than joy and you are suggestingI I suck it up?
I am tempted to give you a few suggestions, most contain swear words but I won't. I'm sure you get the gist of it. My emotions come from being a very passionate long time supporter.

I apologise for my rawness but I had to let it out.
Maybe I can let go of some of my anger now. Years of frustration takes a toll.

General Stripes

Juniors
Fellow WT supporters,
So you’re all for the inept and pathetic efforts of the board, Pascoe & Hagipantelis in particular?
They aren’t the club, we are.

Tiges would go on if they left, just get someone new.
But if the fans left, no club.

General Stripes

Juniors
I don't get these comments. How have these guys been incompetent ?

I get that as a club we are crap but how have these guys contributed to that.
We have basically given the Sth West to the dogs.
They are the ones who pick the coach’s, backroom staff and approve player contracts.
They are the head of the table, the rot starts with them.
We have sacked everyone from players, coaches, ball boys and yet those two heads are safe for some reason.

It’s about time we ended the passing the buck on blame and they take some responsibility for the club being inept.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
"There's talk that the Walker brothers are a chance of going to the Wests Tigers along with a number of other clubs."

Great insight from Fox commentary team.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Would you like to see WTs give the Walker Bros a go Ned? High risk, high reward strategy…
That would be my preferred option over Noddy.
I'm still daydreaming of Woolfe until it is official he is not coming.
The biggest problem with the Walker brothers is their ability to attract quality players.

macnaz

Staff member
I doubt any good coach would achieve much coming here , we need to change the culture big time but having a glued in board plus Shines hampering and controlling a future coach i can't see what will change.

Tigerm

First Grade
I doubt any good coach would achieve much coming here , we need to change the culture big time but having a glued in board plus Shines hampering and controlling a future coach i can't see what will change.
Agree, IMO it's not coach, it's bad recruitment because players are playing who don't give a f**k? Sheens still hasn't got it and the board seem more interested in money?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I need some one who genuinely knows to clarify exactly what Sheens terms and conditions are. Some say it is all his fault. Some say he has limited power. Apparently he doesn't have any where near the control Gus has.
I'm guessing he is as frustrated as the fans are and we won't see him for dust when his contract comes to an end which I think is the end of next year.
But no worries we will have Pascoe, Lee and the board looking after things for years to come.

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s about time we ended the passing the buck on blame and they take some responsibility for the club being inept.

The only argument that works and it's a good one is that we are terrible.

I honestly think though since Shifty has come back we are worse.

Tiger05

First Grade

We need some owners who want to win, have deep pockets and can make good decisions.

Tiger05

First Grade
What?
Only argument? It’s THE argument. It’s been that way for years.
The rot starts at the top.

Bullshit or at best you need to make a much more constructive argument. I made one above for you. You can't even pin point bad decisions they've made.

I'll do it for you. They appointed Sheens to manage the footy side of things and he is incompetent.

I think maybe it's worse than that though. I think that we have a structure that is a relic from the old Wests and Balmain days (more Wests now but it's beside the point) rather than a structure for a professional sports team today.

Successful professional sports teams tend to be owned by billionaires willing to put big dollars into a club.

It's not a matter of sacking Pascoe or the board. It's a matter of getting a supporter who is a billionaire and is prepared to buy a premiership.

Latest posts